- 4 hrs ago eBikeGo To Install 3,000 Charging Stations In Five Cities Across India: Here Are All Details
- 6 hrs ago Tata Motors Takes A Dig At Another Maruti Suzuki Car: Global NCAP Rating Battle Continues!
- 9 hrs ago Suzuki V-Strom 650XT BS6 Launched In India At Rs 8.84 Lakh: The Adv-Tourer Becomes Costlier
- 10 hrs ago Toyota Fortuner Facelift Unofficial Bookings Open: Here Are All Details
- News Foreign Minister Jaishankar to begin 6-day tour of Bahrain, UAE and Seychelles from Tuesday
- Movies Bigg Boss 14: After Salman Khan’s Jokes, Disha Parmar Replies To Rahul Vaidya’s Marriage Proposal
- Sports Moukoko could become youngest Champions League player
- Finance SEBI Proposes Relaxation On Re-Classification Of Promoter As Public Shareholder
- Lifestyle COVID-19 In India: Hospital Urges Government To Make Masks Mandatory To Fight Second Wave
- Technology Two Oppo Reno5 Variants Get Benchmarked; Processor Details Confirmed
- Education KCET Counselling 2020 First Round Seat Allotment Schedule Released
- Travel 10 Best Honeymoon Destinations To Visit In India This Winter
MG Motors India is expected to introduce a long range version of the current ZS EV electric-SUV in the Indian market. The company has announced that it will increase its investment towards research and development of electric vehicles from 2022.
Speaking to in an interview with Livemint, Rajeev Chaba, President, MG Motor India stated that the company will heavily focus on developments of electric vehicles for the Indian market. It aims to become a leader in EV space by offering an electric-battery pack that is capable of travelling 500 kilometres on a single charge.
According to the company's research, the economy that has been affected due to the Covid-19 pandemic in the country will take a couple of years to reach normalcy. During this period the company expected that the zero-emission electric vehicles will see a drastic increase in demand in the Indian market.
MG Motor aims to capture the increasing demand for electric vehicles in India, and will launch an affordable electric vehicle in the range of Rs 12 lakh to 15 lakh. The upcoming affordable electric vehicle will also which will qualify for the subsidy under the Indian government's (FAME) Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles scheme.
Alongside its affordable electric vehicle, MG is also expected to introduce a new variant of ZS electric vehicle that features a 500-kilometre range on a single charge. The company also aims to support the ‘Make In India' initiative by undertaking the localisation of electric vehicle's components. This includes local assembly of the lithium-ion battery pack and other critical components in the country.
The current MG ZV EV model in India features a claimed driving range of 340km on a single charge. With the new battery pack, the driving range will increase by a massive 50 per cent. The electric SUV is powered by 3-phase permanent magnet mated to a 44.5kWh lithium-ion battery pack. It electric-powertrain produces 141bhp and 353Nm of peak torque.
The MG ZS electric-SUV was launched in January this year and is offered in two variants: Excite and Exclusive. The entry-level trim retails at a starting price of Rs 20.88 lakh, while the top-trim of the electric SUV is priced at Rs 23.58 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
MG recently announced the reopening of bookings for the ZS EV electric-SUV in India. The company has also added six more cities to the initial list of five, and now will be sold in a total of 11 cities across the country.
The new cities to be added as part of the phase-wise sales expansion are Pune, Surat, Cochin, Chandigarh, Jaipur and Chennai. Customer in the following 11 cities can book the electric SUV from June 1st at the company's dealerships or online using ‘MY MG App' — here are more details.
Thoughts About The MG ZS EV With 500 Kilometers Range Is Expected To Introduce In India
MG Motors is gearing up to take its electric vehicles to the next level in the Indian market. We noticed that the company came into the four-wheeler EV space in India with a complete plan while launching the ZS EV in India. MG partnered with many third-party companies to offers various charging solution to ZS EV consumers ahead of its launch. As a result, we expect the company to follow the same with their future plans of electrification as well.