- 42 min ago 2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan Price & Changes Leaked Ahead Of Expected Launch This Month
- 16 hrs ago Mahindra Thar SUVs Spotted At Dealerships Without Infotainment System: Here Are The Details
- 18 hrs ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 19 hrs ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- Movies Shabaash Mithu: Taapsee Pannu Begins Her 'Romance With The Bat & The Ball' For Mithali Raj Biopic
- News Republic Day mayhem: Shah to visit injured police personnel today
- Finance FDI Inflows Rose 22% In April-November 2020; Equity FDI Highest Ever
- Lifestyle Aditi Rao Hydari, Jasmin Bhasin, And Other Divas Have Outfit Ideas If You Are Thinking Of Mall-Outing
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro Render Shows Quad-Camera Module At Rear With 120x Zoom Support
- Sports In a first, India to clash with India A in England before Test series
- Education RRB NTPC Admit Card 2021 Phase-3, Check Region-wise Links
- Travel February 2021: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
MG Motor India and Tata Power have entered a partnership to install DC fast chargers at select dealerships across the country. The company aims to offer maximum convenience and ease of ownership to its EV customers.
MG Motor India and Tata Power have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to set up the superfast charging stations. Under the new partnership, MG Motor will receive an end-to-end EV charging solutions to its dealerships spread across India from Tata Power in the form of a 50kW DC charging solutions.
Additionally, these superfast 50kW DC chargers will be accessible by both MG ZS EV customers as well as other EV owners. However, the EV should be compatible with the CCS/CHAdeMO charging standards to make use of the fast chargers.
At present, MG Motor India has a total of 10 50kW DC charging stations across its dealerships in five cities. These include New Delhi-NCR, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru and Hyderabad. On the other hand, Tata power has already installed over 180 charge points in 19 different cities under the EZ charge brand. All chargers are backed by a digital platform to facilitate an easy and smooth customer experience. In addition to this Tata Power have announced that they will install 700 EZ charge EV charging station by 2021.
The partnership will be a part of MG Motor India's expansion plan in the country. The MG ZS EV is currently the only electric model that is currently being sold only in 11 cities across the country. The company aims to expand its sales of the ZS EV in a phase-wise manner. As a result, MG is ensuring that the EV buyers are well sought out when they eventually launch the electric-SUV in respective cities.
The MG-Tata Power partnership aims to help with the faster EV adoption in India. It will focus on providing the new and existing customer with a hassle-free experience and enhanced practicality by increasing the number of charging stations. It is also exploring the possibility of second life management of EV batteries.
In related news, MG recently announced the reopening of bookings for the ZS EV electric-SUV in India. The ZS EV was initially sold in five cities, however, the company has now added six more cities as part of the phase-wise sales expansion. MG is also looking at increasing the driving range of the ZS EV by 50 per cent with a bigger capacity battery — here are more details.
Thoughts About MG Motor India & Tata Power Partnership To Install DC Fast Chargers
The new partnership will certainly enhance the EV ownership experience until regardless of the brand. The shift to greener mobility is very much happening in India. Although the shift is slow in the four-wheeler space, it is expected to substantially increase in the coming years. As a result, most manufactures who are in EV space are making sure to offer maximum convenience and practicality to its customers in the country.