- 4 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 5 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 6 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 10 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
MG Motor India and Tata Power have entered a partnership to install DC fast chargers at select dealerships across the country. The company aims to offer maximum convenience and ease of ownership to its EV customers.
MG Motor India and Tata Power have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to set up the superfast charging stations. Under the new partnership, MG Motor will receive an end-to-end EV charging solutions to its dealerships spread across India from Tata Power in the form of a 50kW DC charging solutions.
Additionally, these superfast 50kW DC chargers will be accessible by both MG ZS EV customers as well as other EV owners. However, the EV should be compatible with the CCS/CHAdeMO charging standards to make use of the fast chargers.
At present, MG Motor India has a total of 10 50kW DC charging stations across its dealerships in five cities. These include New Delhi-NCR, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru and Hyderabad. On the other hand, Tata power has already installed over 180 charge points in 19 different cities under the EZ charge brand. All chargers are backed by a digital platform to facilitate an easy and smooth customer experience. In addition to this Tata Power have announced that they will install 700 EZ charge EV charging station by 2021.
The partnership will be a part of MG Motor India's expansion plan in the country. The MG ZS EV is currently the only electric model that is currently being sold only in 11 cities across the country. The company aims to expand its sales of the ZS EV in a phase-wise manner. As a result, MG is ensuring that the EV buyers are well sought out when they eventually launch the electric-SUV in respective cities.
The MG-Tata Power partnership aims to help with the faster EV adoption in India. It will focus on providing the new and existing customer with a hassle-free experience and enhanced practicality by increasing the number of charging stations. It is also exploring the possibility of second life management of EV batteries.
In related news, MG recently announced the reopening of bookings for the ZS EV electric-SUV in India. The ZS EV was initially sold in five cities, however, the company has now added six more cities as part of the phase-wise sales expansion. MG is also looking at increasing the driving range of the ZS EV by 50 per cent with a bigger capacity battery — here are more details.
Thoughts About MG Motor India & Tata Power Partnership To Install DC Fast Chargers
The new partnership will certainly enhance the EV ownership experience until regardless of the brand. The shift to greener mobility is very much happening in India. Although the shift is slow in the four-wheeler space, it is expected to substantially increase in the coming years. As a result, most manufactures who are in EV space are making sure to offer maximum convenience and practicality to its customers in the country.