- 24 min ago Skoda Karoq Restock Expected Soon In India: Could Be Locally Assembled
- 3 hrs ago Tata Altroz i-Turbo Petrol Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.73 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago Renault Expands Sales & Service Network In India: Over 120 Customer Touchpoints Added Last Year
- 5 hrs ago Tata Cars Price Hike Announced Across All Models: Here Are All The Details
- Sports Kevin De Bruyne injured: How will Man City cope without their talisman
- Lifestyle After Viral Memes, Here’s The Story Behind Bernie Sanders’ Famous Mittens
- Movies Pavitra Rishta's Karan Veer Mehra-Nidhi's Wedding Functions Begin: Couple Looks Adorable At Mehendi Ceremony
- News Watch: Melania refuses to pose with Trump after they leave White House
- Technology LG K42 Budget Smartphone Goes Official In India; Sale Begins On January 26 At Flipkart
- Finance Union Budget 2021: Expectations Of Common Man
- Education JK Bank PO Result 2021: Check Mains Result At jkbank.com
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
MG Motor India entered the Indian market roughly around this time last year and launched the much-awaited Hector SUV in the country. The Hector SUV instantly appealed to the India buyers as it offered a host of features and massive space.
Apart from the increased practicality, it was also one of the first vehicles in India to feature internet connectivity. The AI-assisted touchscreen infotainment system was the party-piece of the SUV.
According to recent reports, the company has now sold over 25,000 units of the Hector SUV in the Indian market since its launch. The new milestone has been achieved by the brand with just over a year.
While its primary rivals the Tata Harrier and the Mahindra XUV500 were well established in the market, the MG Hector managed to outsell both SUVs by a significant margin. Another reason for its sales performance would be the inclusion of various powertrain options.
The MG Hector is offered with two engine options: a 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 143bhp and 250Nm of torque and a 2.0-litre diesel engine churns out 173bhp and 350Nm of torque.
Additionally, the petrol engine is also offered with a 48V mild-hybrid variant, which will offer better fuel efficiency and low-end grunt. All engine options are mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, while the non-hybrid petrol engine is offered with an optional DCT transmission unit.
While most of its rivals currently remain a diesel-only option. This encouraged buyers in the segment to find an SUV to suit their needs along with the powertrain of their choosing.
Apart from the internet connectivity and powertrain options, the Hector also came packed with many nice-to-have features such as a fully-digital instrument console, a panoramic sunroof, climate control, a 360-degree camera, front parking sensors, ABS with EBD, multiple airbags and more.
During the month of April 2020, much like other manufactures, MG Motor India also registered zero sales due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic and the subsequent nation-wide lockdown.
However, the sales of the SUV seems to have picked up drastically, as it registered 672 unit in May and 1,867 units sold in June. The July sales reports for the SUV shows that it has registered 2,023 units sold, which also includes the recently launched Hector Plus SUV. Here is a detailed sales report of MG Motor India for the month of July 2020.
Thoughts About The MG Hector Sales Crossing 25,000 Milestone Mark
The MG Hector SUV is one among the most spacious SUV in the segment that also offers a host of features including a full-fledge AI-assisted system. Most Indian buyers look for practicality and features while making a purchase decision of an SUV. The Hector scores big on both those aspects.