- 38 min ago Tata Altroz i-Turbo Petrol Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.73 Lakh
- 48 min ago Renault Expands Sales & Service Network In India: Over 120 Customer Touchpoints Added Last Year
- 2 hrs ago Tata Cars Price Hike Announced Across All Models: Here Are All The Details
- 15 hrs ago Harley Davidson Street 750 & Street Rod Discontinued In India: Removed From Website
- News Shah pays tributes to Netaji Bose
- Technology Here's How How To Block Group And Numbers The Signal Application
- Finance Budget 2021: Health & Education Cess Could Go By Up To 2%
- Movies Priyanka Chopra Calls The Quarantine Period With Hubby Nick Jonas As The ‘Real Gift’
- Sports What's going wrong at Liverpool?
- Lifestyle Jennifer Lopez Looks A Class Apart In Her Head To Toe White Ensemble At President’s Inauguration Ceremony
- Education MH SET Answer Key 2020 Released At setexam.unipune.ac.in
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
MG Motor India recently announced its sales report for the month of July 2020. The company has registered 2,105 units the previous month. The brand has seen an increase of over 40 per cent in sales as compared to the same month last year.
MG Motor India retailed 1,508 units during the same month in 2019. However, in comparison to the numbers from June 2020, the company has sold 93 units more in July. This translated to around 5 per cent increase in month-on-month sales.
Out of 2,105 units sold last month, the Hector and the recently launched Hector Plus SUV brought in a total of 2,023 units, which is about 96 per cent of overall sales. Remaining units are covered by the MG ZS EV electric-SUV. The ZS EV remains one among the most successful electric vehicle sold currently in the Indian market.
Rakesh Sidana, Director, Sales, MG Motor India, said, "The overall market environment continues to be challenging with uncertainties due to variable lockdowns in various phases. The component supplies continue to remain impacted especially from the Chennai region. However, despite these challenges, our production has remained at similar levels in July as compared to June 2020 and we expect the situation to improve during the festival season."
Indian automobile space is still recovering from the sales recession that started last year, which continued to this year as well. Adding to it is the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, which also put a stop for brands at a manufacturing level. As a result, any increase in the sales numbers is positive during these times.
The company recently launched its third product in the Indian market called the Hector Plus. The new SUV is essentially a three-row variant of the standard Hector SUV. The company has packed the recently launched SUV with a host of features including the largest panoramic sunroof in its class.
The Hector Plus borrows most of its design and features from the standard model including the powertrain options as well. It is offered in both petrol and diesel engine options with manual and automatic transmission options.
After its successful launch of the Hector Plus, MG Motor is gearing up to introduce its fourth product in the market, which will be another SUV. Called the Gloster, it was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo. The full-size SUV will be positioned in the premium SUV segment that will rival the likes of Toyota Fortuner and the Ford Endeavour.
Thoughts About The MG Motor India Car Sales Report For July 2020
MG Motor entered the Indian market a year ago and has already launched three SUVs. The company aims to add more practical vehicles to its line-up, which will cater to the rising demand for SUVs in the Indian market. The upcoming Gloster SUV will the brand's flagship model when launched in the country.