- 10 hrs ago Datsun Car Discounts For November 2020: GO+, GO & Redi-GO Receive Benefits Up To Rs 51,000
- 13 hrs ago Supreme Court To Pass Final Judgment On FADA’s Plea For BS4 Vehicle Registration
- 14 hrs ago Mahindra Thar Secures Four-Star Rating At Global NCAP Crash Tests: Watch The Test Video Here!
- 15 hrs ago 2021 Kawasaki ZX-10R & ZX-10RR Unveiled Globally: India Launch Expected Next Year
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 November 25 Highlights: Rubina & Abhinav Protest Against Captain Kavita
- Sports Sourav Ganguly condoles death of Diego Maradona, tweets "My hero no more, my mad genius rest in peace"
- News Bharat Bandh on November 26: Trade unions to go on nationwide strike today
- Finance Lakshmi Vilas Bank Shares Suspended From Trading From 26 Nov
- Technology Micromax In Note 1 Next Sale Date Announced; To Go On Sale On December 1
- Lifestyle Bittersweet Thanksgiving 2020 For Grandma Who Accidentally Texted US Teen In 2016 For Dinner
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In December
- Education Nainital Bank Admit Card 2020 Released For PO And Clerk, Check Direct Link To Download
MG Motor India is all geared up to launch the Hector Plus SUV in India. Ahead of its launch, the upcoming SUV has been spotted in a new paint scheme called 'Starry Sky Blue'. The company is expected to launch the Hector Plus sometime in the next month.
The company has also confirmed the news of upcoming SUV while replying to a query raised on their social media handle. The images from carandbike, reveals the Hector Plus in what appears to be advert production.
MG Motor India showcased a host of new models at the 2020 Auto Expo including the upcoming Hector Plus SUV. It was also spotted several times across the country in its testing phase. As a result, some of the changes that will be featured on the SUV have been revealed ahead of its launch.
The Hector Plus is an extended version of the standard model that is currently on sale in the Indian market. The extended SUV will feature a third-row seating, which is also expected to be its biggest difference from the standard model. It also features a 40mm increase in overall length from the standard model to accommodate another row of seating and the needed legroom. However, the wheelbase is the same as the standard model.
Other changes that were revealed ahead of launch include most chrome bits on the standard model getting a black-paint scheme such as the gloss-black finish surrounding the LED DRLs and the front grille. The Hector Plus also features a redesigned headlamps cluster, and the red reflector strip on Hector's boot lid has not been carried forward on the upcoming extended SUV.
Apart from the aforementioned changes, the rest of the features and equipment on the Hector Plus are expected to be borrowed from the five-seater SUV. This includes Interiors trims such as the dashboard layout, the large touchscreen infotainment display, the semi-digital instrument cluster with a seven-inch screen, a panoramic sunroof and the brand's ‘iSmart' connected technology as well.
The Hector Plus is expected to be offered in two seating configurations: a six-seater version with captain seats in the middle-row, and a regular seven-seater variant with a standard bench seat on the second-row. Standard safety features will continue to be featured on the upcoming SUV that includes multiple airbags, ABS with EBD, a reverse parking camera with assist and more.
The Hector Plus is also expected to carry the same engine and transmission options as the standard model. The Hector is currently offered with two engine options: a 1.5-litre turbo petrol unit and a 2.0-litre diesel engine. The 1.5-litre turbo-petrol unit churns out 115bhp and 250Nm of torque, while the 2.0-litre oil-burner produces 173bhp and 350Nm of torque.
The petrol engine also offered with an optional 48V mild-hybrid system. Both engines come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, with an optional seven-speed DCT offered with the petrol variants.
Thoughts About The MG Hector Plus Spotted In New Paint Scheme
As mentioned before the Hector Plus has been spotted at what seems to be an advertorial production. This could mean that the upcoming SUV is nearing its launch in the Indian market. The Hector Plus will be the brand's third model in the country after the Hector SUV and the MG ZS EV electric SUV.