- 24 hrs ago 2021 Force Gurkha Near Production SUV Spied Testing With Accessories: Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 1 day ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 1 day ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- News AP EAMCET 2020 Phase 2 seat allotment date and time details
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Band 6 Spotted: Key Details Revealed
- Movies Karan Johar's Emotional Post On Varun Dhawan's Wedding: My Boy Is Ready For This Beautiful Phase In His Life
- Finance Indices Start On A Strong Note; RIL Top Loser
- Sports Kim edges Cantlay to win The American Express
- Lifestyle Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal Look Like A Match Made In Heaven In Their Colour-Coordinated Outfits
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
The upcoming MG Gloster will be assembled locally at the company's facility at Halol in Gujarat. MG Motor India is expected to launch the premium SUV sometime during Diwali this year and is not expected to face any delays due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country.
Speaking in an interview with AutoX, Mr Rajeev Chaba confirmed that the upcoming Gloster SUV will arrive in India shores via (CKD) route. He also confirmed that the testing of the SUV is expected to begin in the next few weeks.
The local assembly of the upcoming premium SUV is expected to bring the price down significantly when launched in the Indian market. The company had showcased the MG Gloster SUV at the 2020 Auto Expo ahead of its launch revealing few of its design and features.
The Gloster is based on the Maxus D90 SUV which is being sold in the international markets. The SUV showcased at the expo revealed few of the exterior design. This includes a large front grille finished in chrome, LED headlights with integrated DRLs, LED tail lamps, sidestep for easy ingress and egress, roof rails, and the ‘GLOSTER' moniker place across the boot lid; among others.
Although the interiors of the SUV were not revealed at the time of unveiling, the Gloster is expected to come features packed. This includes a 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system, with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and the brand's latest ‘iSmart' connected technology with enhanced AI assistance and more number of voice commands added.
Other expected features include a panoramic sunroof, keyless entry, dual-zone climate control, ventilated seats, wireless charging, multiple airbags, a 360-degree camera with blind-spot monitoring, cruise control, hill start assist, hill descent control, ABS, EBD, and lane change assist; among others.
The SUV will be offered in a single seven-seater configuration and will be built on a ladder-frame chassis. The MG Gloster will be powered by a 2.0-litre twin-turbo diesel engine producing 220bhp and 480Nm of torque. The engine will come mated to a manual gearbox with an optional automatic transmission expected to introduce at a later date.
The MG Gloster will be the fourth model from the brand to be introduced in India. The Gloster will follow the Hector, ZS EV and the upcoming Hector Plus SUV in the Indian market. The Hector Plus SUV is expected to go on sale sometime during this month — here are all the details.
Once launched the MG Gloster will rival the Ford Endeavour, the Toyota Fortuner, the Skoda Kodiaq and the Mahindra Alturas G4 in the Indian market. The MG Gloster will also be the brand's flagship model from the brand's line-up in the country.
In related news, MG has announced the reopening of bookings for its electric SUV, the ZS EV in the Indian market. The company has also announced that the electric SUV will be sold in six new cities across the country as part of the expansion of its phase-wise sales — here are all the details.
Thoughts About The MG Gloster Arriving India Shores Via CKD Route
MG Motors has resumed its operations in Indian after the nation-wide lockdown was partially lifted in the country. The upcoming Gloster SUV will be a premium offering from the brand in the full-size SUV segment. With the SUV arriving in CKD route, it can be priced aggressively when launched in India giving it a significant advantage over its segment rivals.