- 10 hrs ago Datsun Car Discounts For November 2020: GO+, GO & Redi-GO Receive Benefits Up To Rs 51,000
- 13 hrs ago Supreme Court To Pass Final Judgment On FADA’s Plea For BS4 Vehicle Registration
- 14 hrs ago Mahindra Thar Secures Four-Star Rating At Global NCAP Crash Tests: Watch The Test Video Here!
- 15 hrs ago 2021 Kawasaki ZX-10R & ZX-10RR Unveiled Globally: India Launch Expected Next Year
- Technology Micromax IN 1b To Go On First Sale Today At 12PM Via Flipkart
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 November 25 Highlights: Rubina & Abhinav Protest Against Captain Kavita
- Sports Sourav Ganguly condoles death of Diego Maradona, tweets "My hero no more, my mad genius rest in peace"
- News Bharat Bandh on November 26: Trade unions to go on nationwide strike today
- Finance Lakshmi Vilas Bank Shares Suspended From Trading From 26 Nov
- Lifestyle Bittersweet Thanksgiving 2020 For Grandma Who Accidentally Texted US Teen In 2016 For Dinner
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In December
- Education Nainital Bank Admit Card 2020 Released For PO And Clerk, Check Direct Link To Download
MG Motor will be launching its fourth product for the Indian market sometime later this year called the Gloster. It will also be the company's fourth SUV offering in the market, however, the Gloster will be placed much higher in the price bracket.
Ahead of its launch in the Indian market, the company has teased the upcoming premium SUV offering on its official website. The teaser image reveals the Gloster's large octagonal-shaped chrome grille with an MG badge placed in the middle.
The image also reveals other features such as the twin-pod headlamps, fog lamps placed on the bumper surrounded by chrome trim, bold window line finished in chrome, front scuff plates, sidestep and a large six-spoke alloy wheel.
Other exterior elements that are expected on the upcoming SUV includes, LED tail lamps, roof rails, and the ‘GLOSTER' moniker place across the boot lid, quad-exhaust tips finished in chrome, and a roof-mounted spoiler adding to the aggressive looks of the SUV.
On the Inside, the SUV is expected to come feature-packed wrapped in leather upholstery offering a premium looking and feel to the cabin. The highlighted feature on the SUV will include a 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto. It will also feature the brand's latest ‘iSmart' connected technology with enhanced AI assistance and added number of voice commands.
Other expected features include three-zone automatic climate control, a panoramic sunroof, keyless entry, ventilated seats, wireless phone charging, multiple airbags, a 360-degree camera with blind-spot monitoring, cruise control, hill start assist, hill descent control, ABS, EBD, and lane change assist; among others.
The Gloster was one among many models that were showcased by MG Motor at the 2020 Auto Expo. The upcoming SUV is based on the Maxus D90 SUV that is currently being sold in the international markets. The Gloster will be built on a ladder frame chassis and is expected to be offered in a single seven-seater configuration.
Coming to the powertrain, the company is expected to offer the Gloster with a single-engine 2.0-litre twin-turbo diesel engine option. It will produce 220bhp and 480Nm of torque and comes mated to a manual gearbox as standard. An optional automatic transmission could be offered at a later date.
In related news, MG Motor India is all set to introduce its third model in the Indian market next month. Called the Hector Plus, features three-row seating and is based on the standard model that is on sale in the Indian market. The company has also listed the Hector Plus on its website — here are all the details.
Thoughts About The MG Gloster Teased On Website Ahead Of India Launch
The upcoming MG Gloster will be premium SUV that will be priced much higher than the model already in the brand's line-up. Once launched it will be the brand's flagship model that will rival the Ford Endeavour, the Toyota Fortuner, the Skoda Kodiaq and the Mahindra Alturas G4 in India. The company has already begun testing the SUV in India and have been spotted several times.