- 2 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago Audi Releases Second Teaser For RS7 Sportback Ahead Of 16 July Launch
- 4 hrs ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Model Launching Soon: Brand Releases Teaser Via Social Media
- 5 hrs ago Toyota Innova Crysta CNG Spied Testing Ahead Of India Launch Later This Year: Spy Pics & Details
- News Fine enhanced to Rs 500 for not wearing mask in Ahmedabad
- Movies Bhagyashree To Play The Role Of Jayalalithaa's Mother In Kangana Ranaut's Thalaivi: Report
- Lifestyle Seasoned Actress Kelly Preston Had The Most Beautiful Collection Of Dresses, Here’s Proof
- Finance Google Announces $10 Billion For Digitalising India
- Technology Intel Thunderbolt 4 Universal Dock Officially Announced: What Caught Our Attention?
- Sports England's batting still their nemesis: Nasser Hussain
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
MG Motor will be launching its fourth product for the Indian market sometime later this year called the Gloster. It will also be the company's fourth SUV offering in the market, however, the Gloster will be placed much higher in the price bracket.
Ahead of its launch in the Indian market, the company has teased the upcoming premium SUV offering on its official website. The teaser image reveals the Gloster's large octagonal-shaped chrome grille with an MG badge placed in the middle.
The image also reveals other features such as the twin-pod headlamps, fog lamps placed on the bumper surrounded by chrome trim, bold window line finished in chrome, front scuff plates, sidestep and a large six-spoke alloy wheel.
Other exterior elements that are expected on the upcoming SUV includes, LED tail lamps, roof rails, and the ‘GLOSTER' moniker place across the boot lid, quad-exhaust tips finished in chrome, and a roof-mounted spoiler adding to the aggressive looks of the SUV.
On the Inside, the SUV is expected to come feature-packed wrapped in leather upholstery offering a premium looking and feel to the cabin. The highlighted feature on the SUV will include a 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto. It will also feature the brand's latest ‘iSmart' connected technology with enhanced AI assistance and added number of voice commands.
Other expected features include three-zone automatic climate control, a panoramic sunroof, keyless entry, ventilated seats, wireless phone charging, multiple airbags, a 360-degree camera with blind-spot monitoring, cruise control, hill start assist, hill descent control, ABS, EBD, and lane change assist; among others.
The Gloster was one among many models that were showcased by MG Motor at the 2020 Auto Expo. The upcoming SUV is based on the Maxus D90 SUV that is currently being sold in the international markets. The Gloster will be built on a ladder frame chassis and is expected to be offered in a single seven-seater configuration.
Coming to the powertrain, the company is expected to offer the Gloster with a single-engine 2.0-litre twin-turbo diesel engine option. It will produce 220bhp and 480Nm of torque and comes mated to a manual gearbox as standard. An optional automatic transmission could be offered at a later date.
In related news, MG Motor India is all set to introduce its third model in the Indian market next month. Called the Hector Plus, features three-row seating and is based on the standard model that is on sale in the Indian market. The company has also listed the Hector Plus on its website — here are all the details.
Thoughts About The MG Gloster Teased On Website Ahead Of India Launch
The upcoming MG Gloster will be premium SUV that will be priced much higher than the model already in the brand's line-up. Once launched it will be the brand's flagship model that will rival the Ford Endeavour, the Toyota Fortuner, the Skoda Kodiaq and the Mahindra Alturas G4 in India. The company has already begun testing the SUV in India and have been spotted several times.