- 2 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 4 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 5 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 9 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- News Sanjay Jha suspended from Congress for 'anti-party activities
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
MG Motor India is gearing up to launch its third SUV in the Indian market next month. Called the Hector Plus is an extended variant of the standard model that is on sale in the Indian market. Ahead of its launch, the company has listed the upcoming SUV on its official website.
The SUV has also started to arrive at dealerships ahead of its launch in the Indian market. The company is expected to offer the Hector Plus with a couple of new colour schemes that are exclusive to the SUV. We know that it will be offered in ‘Starry Sky Blue' and beige paint schemes; among others.
Apart from the exclusive colour schemes, there are other subtle changes that are made to the upcoming SUV to tell it apart from the standard Hector. This includes a 40mm increase in overall length to accommodate another row of seating and the needed legroom.
It features a new headlamps design with slightly revised front and rear bumpers, updated scuff plates, and a redesigned rear profile that will help the Hector Plus stand apart. Most of the exterior trims are finished in a gloss-black paint scheme, as compared to the standard Hector's chrome finish trims including the front grille.
Also, the light bar running across the boot-lid on the standard model has not been carried forward on the Hector Plus. Although the Hector Plus has increased in length, the wheelbase is the same as the standard model. The SUV is expected to be offered in two seating configurations: a seven-seater or a six-seater variant with the latter having captain seats in the middle-row.
On the inside, the rest of the features and equipment on the Hector Plus are expected to be borrowed from the five-seater SUV. This includes the dashboard, the vertically-mounted large touchscreen infotainment display, the semi-digital instrument cluster with a seven-inch screen, a panoramic sunroof and the brand's ‘iSmart' connected technology; among others.
The Hector Plus will also borrow the powertrain from the standard model. This includes a 1.5-litre turbo petrol unit and a 2.0-litre diesel engine. The 1.5-litre turbo-petrol unit churns out 115bhp and 250Nm of torque, while the 2.0-litre oil-burner produces 173bhp and 350Nm of torque.
Both engines come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, with an optional seven-speed DCT offered with the petrol variants. Additionally, the petrol engine is also offered with an optional 48V mild-hybrid system.
MG Motor is gunning to rival the Toyota Innova Crysta with the upcoming Hector Plus SUV in the market. The Toyota Innova Crysta has a proven track record in sales since its launch in the country. However, MG is confident about taking a chunk of sales from the Japanese MPV by launching a feature-packed SUV in India.
Thoughts About The MG Hector Plus Listed On Website
The company has listed the upcoming SUV on its website indicating the launch to happen soon. The Hector Plus comes packed with features and can take in more occupants offering better practicality. However, we expect the Hector Plus to face stiff competition from its Japenese rival.