- 16 min ago Honda Cruiser Motorcycle Likely To Be Called H’Ness: Details Revealed Ahead Of Launch
- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Subscription Launched For New Cars In Delhi, NCR & Bangalore
- 3 hrs ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Finance Scheme Announced In India: Low EMI Offer
- 17 hrs ago Okinawa Oki100 Electric Motorcycle Details Revealed: To Be Launched During Festive Season This Year
- Movies Suchitra Krishnamoorthi Says She Was Told To Attend Karan Johar's Parties To Make Comeback In Films
- Finance SBI Warns Customers Against Fake E-mails: Here's What To Do
- Technology Jio Postpaid Plan Effect: Airtel, Vodafone-Idea Might Join Hands With Leading OTT Players
- News Kerala man tests positive for Covid-19 thrice in 6 months
- Sports Sunil Gavaskar in soup after brash comment on Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma, fans want him removed
- Education MPSOS Result 2020 Declared For Class 10 And Class 12 Ruk Jana Nahi August Exams
- Lifestyle Khaali Peeli: Ananya Panday Flaunts Her Western As Well As Desi Looks In The Trailer
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In October To Welcome The Beginning Of Winter
MG Motor India will be launching a new SUV in the market called the Gloster. Once launched, it will be the brand's flagship premium SUV model in the country. Ahead of its launch, the SUV has been spied testing revealing new features.
Latest spy images from Autocar India, reveals the Gloster to come equipped with a four-wheel-drive system. The test mule features a 4WD badge placed on the left side of the booth lid and it is expected to be an on-demand system.
The images also reveal the Gloster's ADAS placed below the 4WD. ADAS stands for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems, which was revealed in a teaser video recently. This will include active and passive safety features such as parking assist, auto braking, collision avoidance system and more.
MG Motor India is expected to launch the Gloster SUV during the festive season this year in the Indian market. Once launched, the company claims that the Gloster will rival the Jeep Grand Cherokee, Land Cruiser Prado and the Volvo XC 90 models — here are more details.
The company showcased the Gloster SUV at the 2020 Auto Expo ahead of its launch revealing few of its exterior design and features. It is based on the Maxus D90 SUV which is sold in the international markets.
The SUV will feature a large front grille finished in chrome, LED headlights with integrated DRLs, LED tail lamps, sidestep for easy ingress and egress, roof rails, and the bold ‘GLOSTER' moniker place across the boot lid; among others.
Interiors of the Gloster will be peppered with a host of features. This includes a 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system, with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and the brand's latest ‘iSmart' connected technology with enhanced AI assistance and added number of voice commands to operate various features of the car.
It will also feature a panoramic sunroof, keyless entry, dual-zone climate control, ventilated seats, wireless charging, multiple airbags, a 360-degree camera with blind-spot monitoring, cruise control, hill start assist, hill descent control, ABS, EBD, and lane change assist; among others. It could arrive in a single seven-seater configuration.
Speaking about the powertrain, international models are offered with 2.0-litre petrol and diesel engine options. The turbo-petrol engine produces 211bhp and 350Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to either a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic gearbox.
While the 2.0-litre twin-turbo diesel engine produces 215hp and 480Nm of torque. The diesel models are offered with an eight-speed torque converter automatic sourced from ZF.
Both the powertrains are expected to arrive in India-spec models along with four-wheel drive variants as well. It is also expected to have the brand's terrain response system with multiple driving modes.
Thoughts About The MG Gloster's 4WD & ADAS System
The MG Gloster is a premium SUV featuring a host of features and driver assistance systems. The Gloster is expected to be placed in a similar price bracket as the Toyota Fortuner, the Ford Endeavour and the Mahindra Alturas G4. All of which comes with similar equipment and features expect for the Advanced Driver Assistance Systems on the MG's SUV.