- 1 hr ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 3 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 4 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 19 hrs ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- News PM Modi recalls his slow train travel on narrow gauge line
- Movies Som Shekar To Get Evicted As The Fourth Runner-Up Of Bigg Boss Tamil 4?
- Sports India vs Australia 4th Test Day 3: Sundar-Thakur hit maiden fifties, forge century stand as tourists post 336
- Lifestyle Floral- Perfect! Pooja Hegde’s Pink Traditional Outfit Is Ideal For Upcoming Festive Occasions
- Technology Who Owns Hike Messenger? Which Country It Belongs To?
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
MG Motor India will be launching a new SUV in the market called the Gloster. Once launched, it will be the brand's flagship premium SUV model in the country. Ahead of its launch, the SUV has been spied testing revealing new features.
Latest spy images from Autocar India, reveals the Gloster to come equipped with a four-wheel-drive system. The test mule features a 4WD badge placed on the left side of the booth lid and it is expected to be an on-demand system.
The images also reveal the Gloster's ADAS placed below the 4WD. ADAS stands for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems, which was revealed in a teaser video recently. This will include active and passive safety features such as parking assist, auto braking, collision avoidance system and more.
MG Motor India is expected to launch the Gloster SUV during the festive season this year in the Indian market. Once launched, the company claims that the Gloster will rival the Jeep Grand Cherokee, Land Cruiser Prado and the Volvo XC 90 models — here are more details.
The company showcased the Gloster SUV at the 2020 Auto Expo ahead of its launch revealing few of its exterior design and features. It is based on the Maxus D90 SUV which is sold in the international markets.
The SUV will feature a large front grille finished in chrome, LED headlights with integrated DRLs, LED tail lamps, sidestep for easy ingress and egress, roof rails, and the bold ‘GLOSTER' moniker place across the boot lid; among others.
Interiors of the Gloster will be peppered with a host of features. This includes a 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system, with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and the brand's latest ‘iSmart' connected technology with enhanced AI assistance and added number of voice commands to operate various features of the car.
It will also feature a panoramic sunroof, keyless entry, dual-zone climate control, ventilated seats, wireless charging, multiple airbags, a 360-degree camera with blind-spot monitoring, cruise control, hill start assist, hill descent control, ABS, EBD, and lane change assist; among others. It could arrive in a single seven-seater configuration.
Speaking about the powertrain, international models are offered with 2.0-litre petrol and diesel engine options. The turbo-petrol engine produces 211bhp and 350Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to either a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic gearbox.
While the 2.0-litre twin-turbo diesel engine produces 215hp and 480Nm of torque. The diesel models are offered with an eight-speed torque converter automatic sourced from ZF.
Both the powertrains are expected to arrive in India-spec models along with four-wheel drive variants as well. It is also expected to have the brand's terrain response system with multiple driving modes.
Thoughts About The MG Gloster's 4WD & ADAS System
The MG Gloster is a premium SUV featuring a host of features and driver assistance systems. The Gloster is expected to be placed in a similar price bracket as the Toyota Fortuner, the Ford Endeavour and the Mahindra Alturas G4. All of which comes with similar equipment and features expect for the Advanced Driver Assistance Systems on the MG's SUV.