- 1 day ago 2021 Force Gurkha Near Production SUV Spied Testing With Accessories: Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 1 day ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 1 day ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- News Downloadable e-version of voter card to be launched today
- Movies Varun Dhawan & Natasha Dalal's Wedding: Bollywood Celebs Pour In Best Wishes For The Newlyweds
- Technology PUBG Mobile India Launch Pushed Indefinitely As Government Upholds Ban Decision: Report
- Finance RIL Shares Slip 4% Post Q3 Results
- Sports Kim edges Cantlay to win The American Express
- Lifestyle Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal Look Like A Match Made In Heaven In Their Colour-Coordinated Outfits
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
MG Motor India has released the first official teaser of its upcoming premium SUV, the Gloster. The new MG Gloster was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo, earlier this year and is expected to go on sale in India in the coming months.
Once introduced in the Indian market, the MG Gloster will be positioned in the premium SUV segment, rivaling the likes of the Jeep Grand Cherokee, Land Cruiser Prado and the Volvo XC 90 models.
The MG Gloster features a proper SUV stance with a bold grille up front, large windows, flared wheel arches and an extremely dominating design, which will definitely command a massive road presence. This is further accentuated by its large proportions, with its length measuring over 5 metres and width coming in just under 2 metres.
The MG Gloster will also be the brand's latest flagship SUV once launched, positioned above the Hector Plus in the lineup. The premium seven-seater SUV offering comes with a tagline ‘Next-Gen Automotive Technology', indicating that the Gloster will come packed with features, tech and a host of other equipment as well.
Some of these technologies can be seen in the video teaser as well, including parking assist, auto braking and collision avoidance system, among a few others.
Other standard comfort and convenience features on the Gloster, also includes 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system, 8-inch MID, three-zone climate control, heated & ventilated front seats, 360-degree camera, hill-hold and descent control, traction control, ABS with EBD, cruise control, tyre-pressure monitoring system and many more.
The MG Gloster coming to India is essentially a rebadged version of the Maxus D90, on sale in the Chinese market. The premium SUV is expected to carry forward the same engine from the D90 SUV to the Indian market.
This comes in the form of a 2.0-litre twin-turbocharged diesel engine producing 218bhp and 480Nm of peak torque. The engine is offered with both manual and automatic transmissions, however, the gearbox options are yet to be confirmed for the Indian market.
Thoughts On The MG Gloster Teaser Video Released
The MG Gloster will be the brand's latest flagship offering for the Indian market. The SUV is said to be a premium alternative to the likes of the Ford Endeavour and the Toyota Fortuner in the Indian market.