- 5 hrs ago Bike Sales Report For November 2020: TVS Motor Company Register 21% Growth In Yearly Sales
- 6 hrs ago Car Sales Report For November 2020: Maruti Suzuki Registers Marginal 1.7% Growth In Yearly Sales
- 9 hrs ago Kia Sonet Becomes Best-Selling Compact-SUV In India: Company Registers 50% Monthly Growth
- 10 hrs ago 2021 Dakar Rally Route Revealed: Here Are All Details Of The Upcoming Race
- Movies Gauahar Khan & Zaid Darbar Announce Their Wedding Date; The Bride-To-Be Reveals Zaid Proposed After A Month Of Courtship
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M51 Gets New Firmware Update In India: What Does The New Changelog Offers?
- News Trump Campaign files lawsuit in Wisconsin alleging massive fraud in election
- Sports Three more members of Pakistan squad in New Zealand test positive for COVID-19: PCB source
- Finance 3 Large Cap Funds With Six-Month Return Of 35%; One-Year Return In Double Digits
- Lifestyle Are Berries Effective In Preventing And Managing Diabetes?
- Education UGC NET Cut-off June 2020 Released, Check Subject-wise Marks & Percentile
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
MG Motor India is gearing up to launch a couple of new SUVs in the Indian market this year. The company is already set to launch the Hector Plus next month and is expected to follow up with the launch of the Gloster premium SUV.
The upcoming Gloster SUV has been spotted testing ahead of its launch. A video from DOCTOR RIDER on YouTube reveal a production-ready mule testing on Indian roads. The company is expected to launch the Gloster SUV sometime during the festive season this year.
According to the earlier reports, the upcoming SUV is expected to be locally assembly at the company's facility in Gujurat. It will help the company to price the SUV aggressively as CKD units attract fewer import taxes as compared to CBUs.
MG Motor India showcased the Gloster SUV at the 2020 Auto Expo ahead of its launch revealing few of its design and features. The Gloster is based on the Maxus D90 SUV which is being sold in the international markets.
The SUV showcased at the expo revealed few of the exterior design. This includes a large front grille finished in chrome, LED headlights with integrated DRLs, LED tail lamps, sidestep for easy ingress and egress, roof rails, and the ‘GLOSTER' moniker place across the boot lid; among others.
On the Inside, the SUV is expected to come feature-packed. This includes a 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system, with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and the brand's latest ‘iSmart' connected technology with enhanced AI assistance and added number of voice commands to operate various features of the car.
Other expected features on the Gloster includes a panoramic sunroof, keyless entry, dual-zone climate control, ventilated seats, wireless charging, multiple airbags, a 360-degree camera with blind-spot monitoring, cruise control, hill start assist, hill descent control, ABS, EBD, and lane change assist; among others.
The SUV will be built on a ladder frame chassis and is expected to be offered in a single seven-seater configuration. The company is expected to offer the Gloster with a single-engine option. It will be powered by a 2.0-litre twin-turbo diesel engine producing 220bhp and 480Nm of torque. The engine will come mated to a manual gearbox with an optional automatic transmission expected to introduce at a later date.
The MG Gloster will be the brand's fourth model launching in India. It will follow the Hector, ZS EV and the upcoming Hector Plus SUV in the Indian market. The Hector Plus SUV is expected to go on sale sometime during next month and is expected to available in three variants — here are all the details.
Thoughts About The MG Gloster Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch In India
MG is looking to offer an exhaustive line-up of SUVs in the Indian market. Starting from the mid-size segment to premium SUV and also an electric model as well. Once launched the MG Gloster will be the brand's flagship model that will rival the Ford Endeavour, the Toyota Fortuner, the Skoda Kodiaq and the Mahindra Alturas G4 in the Indian market.