- 5 hrs ago 2021 Honda Rebel 1100 Globally Unveiled: Will It Come To India?
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Volvo S60 Sedan Unveiled: India Launch Scheduled For March Next Year
- 8 hrs ago 2021 Skoda Octavia India Launch Expected Timeline Revealed: Here Are All Details
- 9 hrs ago Supreme Court’s Final Order On FADA’s Plea For BS4 Vehicle Registration
- Sports FanCode to live stream matches in New Zealand for Indian audience
- News 4 killed due to Nivar cyclone in Tamil Nadu: PM Modi speaks to CM, announces relief
- Movies Mammootty's Bilal Is Delayed; The Megastar To Join Hands With Amal Neerad For A New Project?
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S21+ Bags BIS Certification; India Launch Imminent
- Finance India's Fiscal Deficit Reaches 120% Of Yearly Target In Apr-Oct
- Lifestyle Quotes, Wishes And Messages To Share On 50th Wedding Anniversary
- Education Indian Air Force Airmen Result 2020 Declared For Group X And Y, Check Phase-II Details
- Travel Romantic Places for Couples To Visit In India This Holiday Season
The MG Hector Plus was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo and was initially expected to launch in India in April. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, not only this but a lot of launches were delayed. However, MG is ready to introduce its third model, the Hector Plus in the Indian market by next month. The new MG Hector Plus once launched in India, will be offered in both six and seven-seater configurations.
According to a latest report by Carwale, the six-seater MG Hector Plus will be available in three variants - Super, Smart and Sharp. However, the seven-seat version is likely to be offered only in the Style variant. of production of its upcoming Hector Plus SUV. The company has already commenced the production of the new MG Hector Plus at its Halol facility in Gujarat.
The Hector Plus is essentially a slightly extended version of the current Hector model, its five-seater sibling. The Hector Plus will come with a number of changes, to both its interior and exterior, to help differentiate between the two models.
On the outside, the Hector Plus gets an updated grille, headlamp, taillights, boot-lid and a few other cosmetic changes as well. The most important change is in the cabin, with the Hector Plus featuring a third-row of seating. The second-row will come with either bench seats or individual captain seats, depending on the variant.
The company will load the new Hector Plus with a host of features such as a large touchscreen infotainment system, with the brand's latest iSmart connected technology, panoramic sunroof, automatic climate control, cruise control and a host of other features as well.
Mechanically, the Hector plus will be powered by the engine that powers the five-seater sibling, along with the same power figures as well. The first unit is a 1.5-litre turbocharged petrol unit producing 140bhp of power and 250Nm of peak torque. On the other hand, the second unit is a 2.0-litre diesel, churning out 173bhp of power and 350Nm of peak torque. Both engines will be mated to a standard six-speed manual with the petrol receiving the optional seven-speed DCT transmission as well.
Thoughts About The Upcoming MG Hector Plus
The MG Hector gained a lot of attention when it launched in India last year, so we are expecting the same kind of response for the Hector Plus as well. Once launched in India, the MG Hector Plus will go up against the likes of the Toyota Innova Crysta, along with other seven-seater SUV models such as the Tata Gravitas and the Ford Endeavour.