- 7 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India (May 2021): Hero Splendor & Hero HF Deluxe Take Top Two Spots
- 11 hrs ago Fast & Furious Toyota Supra Auctioned For Rs 4.07 Crore; Becomes Most-Expensive Supra
- 16 hrs ago Yamaha FZ-X Accessories Price List: Order Official Factory-Fitted Parts Online
- 18 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq India Launch: 1.5-litre Variant To Arrive In August — Details
- Technology Last Week Most Trending Smartphones: OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Poco X3 Pro, Honor 50 Pro, Redmi Note 10 Pro And More
- News Punjab Cong infighting: Amarinder Singh in Delhi for another round of talks with AICC panel
- Movies Beast Second Look Out: Thalapathy Vijay's Deadly Look Is A Perfect Birthday Treat For Fans
- Sports Euro 2020: North Macedonia 0-3 Netherlands: Depay, Wijnaldum on fire as classy Oranje make history in easy win
- Finance These Nifty Stocks Gave The Highest Dividend In FY21
- Education Bihar STET Result 2021 For Urdu, Sanskrit And Science Released At bsebstet2019.in
- Lifestyle Swara Bhasker Flaunts A Pink Chikankari Kurta Set; Perfect For Stay-At-Home Festive Occasions
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
MG Motor India has increased the pricing of the Gloster premium-SUV in the Indian market. The company had launched the Gloster SUV with an introductory starting price of Rs 28.98 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
However, the introductory pricing has now ended and the company has increased the prices of all variants of the Gloster SUV in the country. The price hike range from Rs 20,000 to Rs 1 lakh depending on the variant.
The Gloster is the brand's flagship premium SUV model sold in the country. The SUV is available in four variants: Super, Smart, Sharp and the Savvy. The SUV is offered in six and seven seating configurations, depending on the variant. The six-seater model will have captain seats in the middle-row. For seven-seater, the captain seats will be replaced by a traditional bench unit.
After the price increase, the base trim is now priced at Rs 29.98 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The company has increased the price of the Super base-spec model by Rs 1 lakh. The mid-spec Sharp model retails at Rs 31.48 lakh — an increase of Rs 50,000 from the introductory pricing.
The mid-spec Sharp trim is offered in both seating configurations. The six-seater model is priced at Rs 34.28 lakh. While the seven-seater model costs Rs 33.98 lakh. Both have received a price hike of Rs 30,000.
The top-spec Savvy model is offered only with a six-seater configuration as standard. The Gloster Savvy now retails at Rs 35.58 lakh — An increase of Rs 20,000 from its introductory pricing of Rs 35.38 lakh. All prices mentioned above are ex-showroom (India).
The MG Gloster SUV is offered with two 2.0-litre diesel engine options in different states of tune: single-turbocharged unit and twin-turbocharged engine. The lower-spec engine is offered in ‘Super' and ‘Smart' variants of the Gloster. While the Sharp and Savvy are offered with the top-spec twin-turbo engine.
The single turbocharger unit producing a maximum of 161bhp and a peak torque of 375Nm. While the top-spec twin-turbo diesel engine producing 215bhp and 480Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to an eight-speed torque converter automatic sourced from ZF.
The company recently announced that the booking for Gloster SUV has reached 2,000 units in the Indian market. With the milestone mark, the MG Motor also announced that the first batch of SUVs have been sold out in the country — here are more details.
The MG Gloster SUV rivals the Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour and the Alturas G4; among other in the Indian market. However, The Gloster is the only SUV to feature a level 1 autonomous system with (ADAS) Advanced Driver Assistance Systems technology.
Thoughts About The MG Gloster Introductory Pricing Ending In India
MG Motor has increased the price of the Gloster SUV, within a few weeks from its launch in the Indian market. However, the company had announced at the time of launch, that it was introductory pricing, which was reserved for the first few customers purchasing the new SUV.