- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India For February 2021: Maruti Suzuki Continues To Dominate Sales Charts Yet Again!
- 1 day ago BMW M340i xDrive Review (First Drive): The First Locally Assembled 'M' Car
- 1 day ago Renault Kiger Compact-SUV Sales Figures For February 2021: Outsells Nissan Magnite & Ford EcoSport
- 1 day ago Isuzu D-Max Regular Cab & S-Cab Prices To Be Hiked From 1 April: Here Is The New Price List!
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A52 Retail Box Surfaces Online Ahead Of Launch: Report
- Sports PBKS IPL 2021 Time Table: Punjab Kings Full Schedule, Dates, Timings, Venues
- News Karnataka sex for job scandal: Activist to withdraw complaint of sexual harassment against Jarkiholi
- Lifestyle Women’s Day 2021: Common Health Issues That Affect Women From Their 20s To 60s
- Education UP Police Jail Warder Result 2021 Declared At uppbpb.gov.in
- Movies Mithun Chakraborty All Set To Join BJP During PM Narendra Modi’s Kolkata Rally
- Finance NPS vs Other Tax Saving Investments: Where A Tax Saver Should Invest?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
MG Motor India has increased the pricing of the Gloster premium-SUV in the Indian market. The company had launched the Gloster SUV with an introductory starting price of Rs 28.98 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
However, the introductory pricing has now ended and the company has increased the prices of all variants of the Gloster SUV in the country. The price hike range from Rs 20,000 to Rs 1 lakh depending on the variant.
The Gloster is the brand's flagship premium SUV model sold in the country. The SUV is available in four variants: Super, Smart, Sharp and the Savvy. The SUV is offered in six and seven seating configurations, depending on the variant. The six-seater model will have captain seats in the middle-row. For seven-seater, the captain seats will be replaced by a traditional bench unit.
After the price increase, the base trim is now priced at Rs 29.98 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The company has increased the price of the Super base-spec model by Rs 1 lakh. The mid-spec Sharp model retails at Rs 31.48 lakh — an increase of Rs 50,000 from the introductory pricing.
The mid-spec Sharp trim is offered in both seating configurations. The six-seater model is priced at Rs 34.28 lakh. While the seven-seater model costs Rs 33.98 lakh. Both have received a price hike of Rs 30,000.
The top-spec Savvy model is offered only with a six-seater configuration as standard. The Gloster Savvy now retails at Rs 35.58 lakh — An increase of Rs 20,000 from its introductory pricing of Rs 35.38 lakh. All prices mentioned above are ex-showroom (India).
The MG Gloster SUV is offered with two 2.0-litre diesel engine options in different states of tune: single-turbocharged unit and twin-turbocharged engine. The lower-spec engine is offered in ‘Super' and ‘Smart' variants of the Gloster. While the Sharp and Savvy are offered with the top-spec twin-turbo engine.
The single turbocharger unit producing a maximum of 161bhp and a peak torque of 375Nm. While the top-spec twin-turbo diesel engine producing 215bhp and 480Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to an eight-speed torque converter automatic sourced from ZF.
The company recently announced that the booking for Gloster SUV has reached 2,000 units in the Indian market. With the milestone mark, the MG Motor also announced that the first batch of SUVs have been sold out in the country — here are more details.
The MG Gloster SUV rivals the Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour and the Alturas G4; among other in the Indian market. However, The Gloster is the only SUV to feature a level 1 autonomous system with (ADAS) Advanced Driver Assistance Systems technology.
Thoughts About The MG Gloster Introductory Pricing Ending In India
MG Motor has increased the price of the Gloster SUV, within a few weeks from its launch in the Indian market. However, the company had announced at the time of launch, that it was introductory pricing, which was reserved for the first few customers purchasing the new SUV.