- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India For February 2021: Maruti Suzuki Continues To Dominate Sales Charts Yet Again!
- 1 day ago BMW M340i xDrive Review (First Drive): The First Locally Assembled 'M' Car
- 1 day ago Renault Kiger Compact-SUV Sales Figures For February 2021: Outsells Nissan Magnite & Ford EcoSport
- 1 day ago Isuzu D-Max Regular Cab & S-Cab Prices To Be Hiked From 1 April: Here Is The New Price List!
- Sports PBKS IPL 2021 Time Table: Punjab Kings Full Schedule, Dates, Timings, Venues
- News Karnataka sex for job scandal: Activist to withdraw complaint of sexual harassment against Jarkiholi
- Lifestyle Women’s Day 2021: Common Health Issues That Affect Women From Their 20s To 60s
- Education UP Police Jail Warder Result 2021 Declared At uppbpb.gov.in
- Movies Mithun Chakraborty All Set To Join BJP During PM Narendra Modi’s Kolkata Rally
- Technology Reliance Jio And Airtel Set Up 5G Towers In India: Ookla 5G Map
- Finance NPS vs Other Tax Saving Investments: Where A Tax Saver Should Invest?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
MG Motor India has announced the bookings and sales figures of its flagship Gloster premium SUV in the country. According to the company, the bookings for Gloster has reached 2,000 units in the market. MG has also announced that the first batch of SUVs is sold out in the country.
The MG Gloster premium SUV was launched in October 2020. Within a month from its launch, the first batch of Gloster SUV has been sold out in India. The company had priced the Gloster aggressively against its segment rivals, and have received an exceptional response in the country.
The Gloster SUV retails at an introductory starting price of Rs 28.98 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The flagship premium SUV is available in four variants: Super, Smart, Sharp and the Savvy. The top-spec Savvy trim retailed at Rs 35.38 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The MG Gloster came equipped with many best-in-class and first-in-segment features. However, the highlight of the Gloster has to be its Autonomous ‘Level 1' technology. The Gloster became the first SUV in the country offering autonomous technology.
This includes Adaptive Cruise Control, Auto Park Assist, auto-braking, collision avoidance system, lane departure warning and more. These features are part of the brand's (ADAS) Advanced Driver Assistance Systems technology.
Apart from the ADAS technology, the MG Gloster is packed with features starting with all-around LED lighting, 19-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, fog lamps, double-barrel chrome exhaust tips, and more.
On the inside, the Gloster features a 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and the brand's latest-generation i-Smart connected technology. The instrument cluster uses an 8-inch MID flanked with analogue dials on either side.
Other features include a multifunction steering wheel with mounted controls, a wireless smartphone charger, individual climate control for front and rear passengers, a panoramic sunroof, puddle lamps, and a host of USB charging ports along with 12volt sockets; among others.
The Gloster SUV is offered in two seating configuration depending on the variant. The middle-row is either offered with two captain seats or as a bench unit or for six and seven-seater configurations, respectively. The SUV is offered in four colour options: Agate Red, Metal Black, Metal Ash and Warm White.
The MG Gloster SUV is offered with two 2.0-litre diesel engine options in different states of tune. The lower-spec engine uses single turbocharger producing a maximum of 161bhp and a peak torque of 375Nm. While the top-spec twin-turbo diesel engine producing 215bhp and 480Nm of torque.
Both engines come mated to an eight-speed torque converter automatic sourced from ZF. The twin-turbo engine comes equipped with an on-demand four-wheel-drive system along with the brand's terrain response system and multiple driving modes.
Thoughts About The MG Gloster Bookings Registering 2,000 Units
The MG Gloster was placed alongside the Toyota Fortuner, the Ford Endeavour and the Alturas G4. Despite its well-established rivals, the Gloster premium SUV has managed to register impressive sales numbers for the company.