- 7 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 8 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- 8 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 125 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 9 hrs ago FAME II Certification Validity Extended: Will It Benefit EV Market In India?
- Movies Vakeel Saab Day 6 Box Office Collection: Here’s How Much Pawan Kalyan Starrer Has Earned So Far
- Technology Amazon Smartphone Upgrade Days 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Mobiles
- Sports IPL 2021: Glenn Maxwell likens Royal Challengers Bangalore role to one at Australia
- News Pakistan working on single-dose COVID-19 vaccine with China’s help: Official
- Finance How to find IFSC Code?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
- Lifestyle Pretty In Pink! Alaya F’s Shimmery Eye Lids And Matte Lips Make For The Perfect Makeup Look For Date Night!
MG Motor India has announced that it will be launching the Gloster premium-SUV on October 8, 2020, in the Indian market. The company will be offering the Gloster in four variants and will reveal the prices at the time of its launch.
The company has begun accepting pre-launch bookings of the Gloster for a token amount of Rs 1 lakh across the country. The SUV can be booked online on the brand's website or at any of its authorised dealerships in India.
The MG Gloster premium-SUV will be available in four variants: Super, Smart, Sharp & Savvy. Customers looking to purchase the SUV can choose from four colour options offered by the company: Agate Red, Metal Black, Metal Ash and Warm White.
The Gloster will be placed in the premium luxury SUV segment and will the brand's flagship model. Ahead of the launch, we have driven the Gloster premium-SUV — here are all details.
The company recently unveiled the Gloster revealing all of its features ahead of the launch. The SUV will feature a large front grille finished in chrome, LED headlights with integrated DRLs, LED tail lamps, sidestep for easy ingress and egress, roof rails, and the bold ‘GLOSTER' moniker place across the boot lid; among others.
However, the highlight of the Gloster has to be its a high-end Level 1 autonomous driver assistance systems. This includes Adaptive Cruise Control, which will maintain a set distance from the vehicle at the front.
Other features that are part of the autonomous driver assisted system includes Auto Park Assist, auto-braking, collision avoidance system and more. These features are part of the brand's (ADAS) Advanced Driver Assistance Systems technology.
The MG Gloster SUV will be offered with two 2.0-litre diesel engine options. The lower-spec engine uses single turbocharger producing a maximum of 161bhp and a peak torque of 375Nm. While the top-spec twin-turbo diesel engine producing 215bhp and 480Nm of torque.
Both engines come mated to an eight-speed torque converter automatic sourced from ZF. The twin-turbo engine also features an on-demand four-wheel-drive system along with the brand's terrain response system and multiple driving modes.
The Gloster also features the Brit Dynamics badge that is placed behind its front wheel arches. The Brit Dynamic is the brand's exclusive set of standards that emphasizes on the British engineering of the vehicle. It covers various aspects of the vehicle categorised into four sections: Performance, Handling, Design and Safety.
Vehicles with the Brit Dynamic badge are powered by turbocharged engines and features Stabilizer bar at both ends supporting the exceptional handling characteristics. It will also be designed to keep the body as aerodynamic as possible along with state-of-the-art safety features such as ABS with EBD, Curve Brake Control, Traction Control and more.
Once launched, the Gloster is expected to be priced around Rs 40 lakh, ex-showroom. It will rival against the Ford Endeavour, Toyota Fortuner and the Mahindra Alturas G4; among others in the Indian market.
Thoughts About The MG Gloster India Launch Timeline Revealed
The MG Motor has packed the Gloster with a plethora of features including segment-first and best-in-class equipment. The company aims to capitalise on the increased auto sales during the festive season every year by launching a new model in India.