- 22 min ago Skoda Karoq Restock Expected Soon In India: Could Be Locally Assembled
- 3 hrs ago Tata Altroz i-Turbo Petrol Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.73 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago Renault Expands Sales & Service Network In India: Over 120 Customer Touchpoints Added Last Year
- 5 hrs ago Tata Cars Price Hike Announced Across All Models: Here Are All The Details
- Lifestyle After Viral Memes, Here’s The Story Behind Bernie Sanders’ Famous Mittens
- Movies Pavitra Rishta's Karan Veer Mehra-Nidhi's Wedding Functions Begin: Couple Looks Adorable At Mehendi Ceremony
- News Watch: Melania refuses to pose with Trump after they leave White House
- Technology LG K42 Budget Smartphone Goes Official In India; Sale Begins On January 26 At Flipkart
- Finance Union Budget 2021: Expectations Of Common Man
- Sports Saini bowled despite injury in the second innings at Brisbane
- Education JK Bank PO Result 2021: Check Mains Result At jkbank.com
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
MG Motor India is preparing for its biggest launch of the year 2020 with the Gloster SUV. It will be arriving during Diwali (November) festival in the Indian market. The Gloster will be placed in the premium luxury SUV segment and will the brand's flagship model.
According to the latest reports from Autocar India, the Gloster SUV will be powered by a 2.0-litre twin-turbo diesel engine producing 215bhp and 480Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to an eight-speed torque converter automatic sourced from ZF.
It will also be offered with an on-demand four-wheel-drive system. It is also expected to have the brand's terrain response system along with multiple driving modes as well.
The upcoming Gloster SUV was revealed at the 2020 Auto Expo ahead of its launch in the Indian market. It is based on the Maxus D90 SUV which is sold in the international markets.
Along with the twin-turbo diesel engine, the Maxus D90 is offered with a 2.0-litre petrol engine options as well. The turbo-petrol engine produces 211bhp and 350Nm of torque. It comes mated to either a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic gearbox. However, the company will not be bringing the petrol engine with the India-spec models during the time of launch.
The company recently released a teaser video, which showcases the Gloster's high-end driver-assisted Level 1 autonomous system. In the teaser video, the driver successfully parks the large Gloster SUV using the Auto Park Assist with very little effort — here are more details.
The Gloster will feature the brand's (ADAS) Advanced Driver Assistance Systems, which was revealed in a teaser video recently. This will include active and passive safety features such as parking assist, auto braking, collision avoidance system and more.
The SUV will feature a large front grille finished in chrome, LED headlights with integrated DRLs, LED tail lamps, sidestep for easy ingress and egress, roof rails, and the bold ‘GLOSTER' moniker place across the boot lid; among others.
Interiors of the Gloster will be peppered with a host of features. This includes a 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system, with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and the brand's latest ‘iSmart' connected technology with enhanced AI assistance and added number of voice commands to operate various features of the car.
It will also feature a panoramic sunroof, keyless entry, dual-zone climate control, ventilated seats, wireless charging, multiple airbags, a 360-degree camera with blind-spot monitoring, cruise control, hill start assist, hill descent control, ABS, EBD, and lane change assist; among others. It could arrive in a single seven-seater configuration.
The MG Gloster feature body-on-frame architecture much like the Ford Endeavour, the Toyota Fortuner and the Mahindra Alturas G4. However, according to the company, the Gloster will feature advanced technology and feature that and will pit it against the more expensive models such as the Jeep Grand Cherokee, Land Cruiser Prado and the Volvo XC 90.
Thoughts About The MG Gloster Engine Specs Revealed Ahead Of Launch
The MG Gloster will feature a powerful engine, Level 1 autonomous driving technology along with a host of driver-assisted systems and packed with convenient features. The Gloster will be launched during Diwali aiming for a good start and boost sales for the company.