- 7 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 8 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- 8 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 125 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 9 hrs ago FAME II Certification Validity Extended: Will It Benefit EV Market In India?
- Movies Vakeel Saab Day 6 Box Office Collection: Here’s How Much Pawan Kalyan Starrer Has Earned So Far
- Technology Amazon Smartphone Upgrade Days 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Mobiles
- Sports IPL 2021: Glenn Maxwell likens Royal Challengers Bangalore role to one at Australia
- News Pakistan working on single-dose COVID-19 vaccine with China’s help: Official
- Finance How to find IFSC Code?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
- Lifestyle Pretty In Pink! Alaya F’s Shimmery Eye Lids And Matte Lips Make For The Perfect Makeup Look For Date Night!
MG Motor India has launched its new Gloster SUV in the Indian market. The new MG Gloster was first showcased in India at the 2020 Auto Expo and is now available in the market with a starting price of Rs 28.98 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The MG Gloster is offered in four variants: Super, Smart, Sharp & Savvy. Each of the variants is offered with a host of features and equipment. While the base variant is offered at the price mentioned above, the top-spec 'Savvy' trim comes with a price tag of Rs 35.38 lakh, ex-showroom (India). Bookings for the premium SUV has begun, with deliveries said to start soon.
|Super 7 Seater||₹28,98,000|
|Smart 7 Seater||₹30,98,000|
|Sharp 7 Seater||₹33,68,000|
|Sharp 6 Seater||₹33,98,000|
|Savvy 6 Seater||₹35,38,000|
The MG Gloster is positioned above the brand's Hector Plus offering; making it the company's new flagship SUV. The seven-seater model is also said to be the country's first Autonomous ‘Level 1' SUV, offering features such as Automatic Parking Assist (APA), Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB), Forward Collision Warning, Adaptive Cruise Control, Blind Spot Detection and Lane Departure Warning.
Apart from these, there are also plenty of other features and equipment all around the SUVs exteriors and interiors. Some of the exterior equipment include LED lighting all around, headlamps with auto levelling, ORVMs with MG logo projections, panoramic sunroof, 19-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, front and rear fog lamps, steering-assist cornering lamps, dual-barrel twin chrome exhaust; among others.
Similarly, the interiors of the SUV also come packed with features. These include leather-wrapped seats, individual captain seats in the second row, 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and the brand's latest-generation i-Smart connected technology, steering-mounted controls, 8-inch MID on the instrument cluster, paddle shifters, three-zone automatic climate control, powered tailgate, heated and ventilated front seats, wireless charging, multi-way electronically adjustable front seats and many more.
This i-Smart tech allows the car to be connected to the driver's smartphone via an app, which together offers a total of 57 additional features. This includes vehicle status, live vehicle tracking, geofencing, remote operations of various in-car features, to name a few.
In addition to the long-list of features, the MG Gloster also comes with large dimensions which offer plenty of space inside the cabin for all passengers. The SUV measures 4985mm in length, 1926mm in width, 1867mm in height and a wheelbase of 2950mm.
The MG Gloster is powered by a 2.0-litre diesel engine as standard across all variants. However, the base variants of Super and Smart receive a single turbocharger, while the top-spec Sharp and Savvy trims get a twin-turbo setup.
The 2.0-litre turbo diesel on the base variants produces 160bhp at 4000rpm and 375Nm of peak torque at 1500 - 2400rpm. The 2.0-litre twin-turbo unit on the top-spec trims churns out 216bhp at 4000rpm and 480Nm of torque at 1500 - 2400rpm. Both versions of the diesel engine are paired with an eight-speed automatic gearbox as standard.
The MG Gloster SUV will further be offered in a range of four paint schemes: Agata Red, Metal Black, Metal Ash and Warm White. We recently got to drive the mammoth flagship SUV from MG Motor India and were extremely impressed — here are our first impressions driving the premium SUV.
Thoughts On The MG Gloster SUV Launch In India
The MG Gloster SUV is the brand's latest offering in the Indian market. The new flagship SUV from the brand will take on rivals such as the Mahindra Alturas G4, Toyota Fortuner and the Ford Endeavour in the Indian market.