- 2 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 4 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 5 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 9 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- News Sanjay Jha suspended from Congress for 'anti-party activities
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
The Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine and the new-gen GLA India launch timelines have been revealed. Both the entry-level models from the brand are set to be launched sometime in the fourth quarter of 2020.
The timelines for both the upcoming entry-level models were revealed at the time of the 2020 GLS launch. The German automaker has recently launched their flagship SUV the GLS in the Indian market — here are more details.
The company had earlier stated that they will be aggressive with their launch plans in India for the year 2020. Mercedes-Benz has already launched a host of models this year. However, things have slowed down since, due to the on-going Covid-19 pandemic and the resulting lockdown announced in the country.
This has also resulted in a slight delay with the product launches in the company. The company will aim to bring in more volumes with both these models when launched in the Indian market. The Mercedes-Benz A-Class and the GLA will be brought to the Indian shores via CKD route.
The A-class Limousine and the second-gen GLA were showcased by Mercedes-Benz at the 2020 Auto Expo. The A-class Limousine will replace the CLA which is currently on sale, and will be the entry-level model in the brand's portfolio in India. The upcoming A-class will feature improved comfort and space for rear-seat passengers as compared to the current-gen CLA.
The all-new Mercedes-Benz A-Class sedan is expected to be offered with two engine options, initially. This includes the ‘A 200' powered by a 1.3-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 162bhp, and the ‘A 180d' powered by a 1.5-litre diesel motor producing 115bhp.
However, Mercedes Benz is also expected to offer a much powerful ‘AMG A35' variant powered by a 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine churning out 305bhp. The A-class is expected to retail between Rs 32 lakh and 40 lakh (ex-showroom), with the powerful AMG variant priced much higher than the standard variant.
On the other hand, the upcoming new GLA features a few design revisions as compared to its previous-generation model. The next-gen GLA features a more upright stance with bold and muscular looks on the outside. The interior of the upcoming GLA has been revised with a host of additional features including the brand's MBUX connected technology.
The new Mercedes-Benz GLA is expected to be offered with two variants, initially. This includes the ‘220d' powered by a 2.0-litre diesel engine producing 189bhp, and the ‘200' variant powered by a 1.3-litre turbo-petrol motor producing 162bhp. The company could consider the all-mighty ‘GLA 35' AMG variant for the Indian market at a later date.
Thoughts About The Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine & The New GLA India Launch Timeline Revealed
The upcoming A-Class sedan and the new-gen GLA crossover are the brand's entry-level models in its Indian line-up. With the launch of new entry-level models, the company aims to drive more volumes and win back sales, which it has lost after the discontinuation of the GLA model earlier this year.