- 12 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- 14 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass Facelift Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 14 hrs ago Made-in-India Renault Kwid Scores 2 Stars Global NCAP Safety Rating In Africa
- 17 hrs ago All-New Suzuki Burgman Street Electric Scooter Spied Testing Yet Again: Spy Pics & Details
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 11 Concept Render Hits The Web: Triple Rear Cameras And More
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar December 5 Highlights: Nikki Tamboli Gets Eliminated From The House In Mid-Season Finale
- Sports F1 2020: Bottas and Russell share front row in Hamilton's absence
- News Opposition parties extend support to Bharat Bandh by farmer unions; Protests in several states
- Education DU 7th Cut-off 2020 Released, Check Stream-wise Cut-off At du.ac.in
- Lifestyle Congratulatory Messages, Wishes & Quotes To Share On The Birth Of A Baby Boy
- Finance Income Tax Benefits To Very Senior Citizens: Know Them
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In December
The Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine and the new-gen GLA India launch timelines have been revealed. Both the entry-level models from the brand are set to be launched sometime in the fourth quarter of 2020.
The timelines for both the upcoming entry-level models were revealed at the time of the 2020 GLS launch. The German automaker has recently launched their flagship SUV the GLS in the Indian market — here are more details.
The company had earlier stated that they will be aggressive with their launch plans in India for the year 2020. Mercedes-Benz has already launched a host of models this year. However, things have slowed down since, due to the on-going Covid-19 pandemic and the resulting lockdown announced in the country.
This has also resulted in a slight delay with the product launches in the company. The company will aim to bring in more volumes with both these models when launched in the Indian market. The Mercedes-Benz A-Class and the GLA will be brought to the Indian shores via CKD route.
The A-class Limousine and the second-gen GLA were showcased by Mercedes-Benz at the 2020 Auto Expo. The A-class Limousine will replace the CLA which is currently on sale, and will be the entry-level model in the brand's portfolio in India. The upcoming A-class will feature improved comfort and space for rear-seat passengers as compared to the current-gen CLA.
The all-new Mercedes-Benz A-Class sedan is expected to be offered with two engine options, initially. This includes the ‘A 200' powered by a 1.3-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 162bhp, and the ‘A 180d' powered by a 1.5-litre diesel motor producing 115bhp.
However, Mercedes Benz is also expected to offer a much powerful ‘AMG A35' variant powered by a 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine churning out 305bhp. The A-class is expected to retail between Rs 32 lakh and 40 lakh (ex-showroom), with the powerful AMG variant priced much higher than the standard variant.
On the other hand, the upcoming new GLA features a few design revisions as compared to its previous-generation model. The next-gen GLA features a more upright stance with bold and muscular looks on the outside. The interior of the upcoming GLA has been revised with a host of additional features including the brand's MBUX connected technology.
The new Mercedes-Benz GLA is expected to be offered with two variants, initially. This includes the ‘220d' powered by a 2.0-litre diesel engine producing 189bhp, and the ‘200' variant powered by a 1.3-litre turbo-petrol motor producing 162bhp. The company could consider the all-mighty ‘GLA 35' AMG variant for the Indian market at a later date.
Thoughts About The Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine & The New GLA India Launch Timeline Revealed
The upcoming A-Class sedan and the new-gen GLA crossover are the brand's entry-level models in its Indian line-up. With the launch of new entry-level models, the company aims to drive more volumes and win back sales, which it has lost after the discontinuation of the GLA model earlier this year.