- 7 hrs ago Pioneer Launch TS-WX3000T Tube Subwoofer From Champion Series: Priced At Rs 9,990
- 8 hrs ago New Ford Freestyle Flair Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.69 Lakh
- 10 hrs ago Renault Duster Turbo-Petrol Engine Teased Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 11 hrs ago Skoda Enyaq iV Electric SUV Design Sketches Officially Revealed: Here Are The Details!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In West Bengal In August
- Technology Reliance Digital Independence Day 2020 Sale: Great Deals And Offers On Gadgets
- Sports Champions League: Atalanta 1-2 Paris Saint-Germain: Choupo-Moting completes stunning late comeback
- Movies Mohanlal Tests Negative For COVID-19: Resumes Shooting!
- News India, Nepal to hold senior level dialogue on Aug 17 after a nine-month hiatus
- Lifestyle From Banana To Milk, Ginger To Water: Foods That Help Get Rid Of Headaches Quickly
- Finance 'PM SVANidhi' Scheme For Street Vendors Receives Over 5 Lakh Applications
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Italian luxury vehicle manufacturer Maserati has announced that its first two all-electric products will be the GranTurismo and GranCabrio models, and that they will be launched across the brand's global markets at some point next year.
The announcement comes after the company confirmed that it would launch all-electric vehicles starting 2021. Maserati made this announcement during September last.
The brand recently made its entry towards the all-electric markets by unveiling the all new Maserati Ghibli mild-hybrid.
A statement from the brand while unveiling details about the new Ghibli Hybrid read, "The new Ghibli Hybrid represents the first step in a plan that will lead to the electrification of all new Maserati models. The Brand's first all-electric cars will be the new GranTurismo and GranCabrio, scheduled for 2021."
Production of the all-electric Maserati GranTurismo and GranCabrio is expected to begin only in 2021. Maserati will invest up to Euros 800 million to meet production requirements of both vehicles at its Mirafiori production base.
The Ghibli Hybrid however, will be produced at the brand's Modena facility. Maserati has made separate investments for an independent production line for the Ghibli.
Maserati is also working on a new Utility Vehicle that is scheduled to be manufactured at the brand's Cassino facility, and will play a vital role in terms of innovation and technological research, development and advancement.
In Maserati related news, the brand also unveiled a new V6 turbo engine that features F1 technology for road cars. The engine is expected to be featured in the Maserati MC20 supercar that is scheduled to be unveiled on 9 September this year.
The 3.0-litre engine features six-cylinders and two turbo units that help it produce 621bhp. The new engine is high-tech and has been built by the brand's highly-qualified engineers. To know more, click here.
Thoughts About Maserati Entering The Electric Vehicle Space
There really isn't much to say about brands like Maserati entering the electric vehicle space. Brands like these have the money to invest, and more importantly have a dedicated set of clientele that will ensure the product sells better than expected.
Having said that, like all things Maserati, we expect that the all-electric GranTurismo and GranCabrio models will be performance vehicles, and will offer one of the best money can buy.