- 8 hrs ago Pioneer Launch TS-WX3000T Tube Subwoofer From Champion Series: Priced At Rs 9,990
- 8 hrs ago New Ford Freestyle Flair Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.69 Lakh
- 11 hrs ago Renault Duster Turbo-Petrol Engine Teased Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 11 hrs ago Skoda Enyaq iV Electric SUV Design Sketches Officially Revealed: Here Are The Details!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In West Bengal In August
- Technology Reliance Digital Independence Day 2020 Sale: Great Deals And Offers On Gadgets
- Sports Champions League: Atalanta 1-2 Paris Saint-Germain: Choupo-Moting completes stunning late comeback
- Movies Mohanlal Tests Negative For COVID-19: Resumes Shooting!
- News India, Nepal to hold senior level dialogue on Aug 17 after a nine-month hiatus
- Lifestyle From Banana To Milk, Ginger To Water: Foods That Help Get Rid Of Headaches Quickly
- Finance 'PM SVANidhi' Scheme For Street Vendors Receives Over 5 Lakh Applications
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
After a really long wait, Italian car manufacturer Maserati has taken the wraps of the first electrified model in its history: the Maserati Ghibli Hybrid sedan. The Ghibli Hybrid is an updated version of the same sports sedan that has been around since 2013. However, the biggest change is the adoption of a mild hybrid powertrain. The new model is ready and is likely to replace the diesel version by the end of the year.
As per a report by Autocar India, Valentina Boarini, sedans project manager Maserati S.p.A. stated, "We will have a bigger range, and we will also have a sports car and this is a good opportunity to grow the network in India". The brand has only two dealerships in the country and it is looking to increase the number of dealerships, which will be done through the launch of its new products in the future.
Mechanically, the Ghibli Hybrid is powered by a 2.0-litre, turbocharged, four-cylinder petrol engine. Along with that, the sedan also gets a 48V mild-hybrid system that makes a combined output of 328bhp of power and 450Nm of peak torque. The 48V system comprises a belt-driven starter/generator that recovers energy under braking and deceleration to charge a battery in the boot.
All that power is sent to the rear wheels through an 8-speed ZF automatic transmission. The Maserati Ghibli Hybrid can catapult from a 0 to 100km/h in just 5.7sec and has a top speed of 255km/h. Compared to the V6 diesel, it cuts CO2 emissions by 25 per cent and slashes weight by approximately 80kgs.
In other recent Maserati news, the company recently unveiled a new engine globally called the Nettuno. The unit is a 3.0-litre V6 turbo engine and is said to be using technology that is used in Formula 1 racing. The company aims to bring racing technology to its road cars with the new engine.
The Nettuno engine is said to make its debut on the brand's upcoming MC20 supercar. Maserati has also announced the MC20 will make its global premiere along with the new engine on September 9, 2020. The company has not revealed any further details of the upcoming performance car.
Thoughts About The Maserati Ghibli Hybrid
The Maserati Ghibli Hybrid is a good looking performance sedan. With this new hybrid engine, the car has not only become lighter but safer for the environment as far as emissions are concerned.