- 1 hr ago Mahindra Thar SUVs Spotted At Dealerships Without Infotainment System: Here Are The Details
- 3 hrs ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 4 hrs ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 6 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- News Soil health, post-harvest management major concern areas; Rs 1 lakh cr fund to address these issues: Tomar
- Movies Ghum Hai Kisikey Pyaar Meiin Co-Stars Neil Bhatt And Aishwarya Sharma Get Engaged, Share Roka Pictures
- Education RRB NTPC Admit Card 2021 Phase-3, Check Region-wise Links
- Sports India pacer Shardul Thakur conferred award at Palghar
- Lifestyle Are Papayas A Healthy Choice For People With Diabetes?
- Finance Tax Slabs May Be Altered In The New Tax Regime; Tax Savings Of Upto Rs. 80000 Possible
- Travel February 2021: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
- Technology Realme Narzo 30A Gets NBTC, BIS Certifications; Hints India Launch As Well
After a really long wait, Italian car manufacturer Maserati has taken the wraps of the first electrified model in its history: the Maserati Ghibli Hybrid sedan. The Ghibli Hybrid is an updated version of the same sports sedan that has been around since 2013. However, the biggest change is the adoption of a mild hybrid powertrain. The new model is ready and is likely to replace the diesel version by the end of the year.
As per a report by Autocar India, Valentina Boarini, sedans project manager Maserati S.p.A. stated, "We will have a bigger range, and we will also have a sports car and this is a good opportunity to grow the network in India". The brand has only two dealerships in the country and it is looking to increase the number of dealerships, which will be done through the launch of its new products in the future.
Mechanically, the Ghibli Hybrid is powered by a 2.0-litre, turbocharged, four-cylinder petrol engine. Along with that, the sedan also gets a 48V mild-hybrid system that makes a combined output of 328bhp of power and 450Nm of peak torque. The 48V system comprises a belt-driven starter/generator that recovers energy under braking and deceleration to charge a battery in the boot.
All that power is sent to the rear wheels through an 8-speed ZF automatic transmission. The Maserati Ghibli Hybrid can catapult from a 0 to 100km/h in just 5.7sec and has a top speed of 255km/h. Compared to the V6 diesel, it cuts CO2 emissions by 25 per cent and slashes weight by approximately 80kgs.
In other recent Maserati news, the company recently unveiled a new engine globally called the Nettuno. The unit is a 3.0-litre V6 turbo engine and is said to be using technology that is used in Formula 1 racing. The company aims to bring racing technology to its road cars with the new engine.
The Nettuno engine is said to make its debut on the brand's upcoming MC20 supercar. Maserati has also announced the MC20 will make its global premiere along with the new engine on September 9, 2020. The company has not revealed any further details of the upcoming performance car.
Thoughts About The Maserati Ghibli Hybrid
The Maserati Ghibli Hybrid is a good looking performance sedan. With this new hybrid engine, the car has not only become lighter but safer for the environment as far as emissions are concerned.