- 1 day ago Top Car News Of The Week: 2020 Maruti Dzire, BS6 Mahindra Bolero, BS4 Deadline, & More
- 1 day ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Apache RTR 180 BS6, Royal Enfield Bullet Trails, Rajiv Bajaj
- 1 day ago Coronavirus Outbreak: Maruti Suzuki Partner With AgVa Healthcare To Produce Ventilators
- 1 day ago Three Months Relief From Vehicle Loan EMIs Announced By RBI
- Sports Rennes star has time on his side – could Camavinga be Casemiro's deputy at Real Madrid?
- News Udupi man who committed suicide fearing having contracted coronavirus tested negative
- Movies Kanika Kapoor Tests Coronavirus Positive For The Fourth Time, Family Members Concerned!
- Technology How to Pin a Website to Windows 10 Taskbar
- Lifestyle Ratan Tata, Anand Mahindra And Other Business Tycoons Who Came Foward To Fight Against Coronavirus
- Finance RBI ‘s EMI Moratorium: Higher Interest If You Opt For EMI Break
- Travel 10 Best Family Friendly Destinations To Visit In April In India
- Education Coronavirus Outbreak: NTA Helpline Numbers Released For JEE Main & NEET Aspirants
Maruti Suzuki has discontinued the diesel powertrain from its Ciaz sedan in the Indian market. The Maruti Ciaz diesel will no longer be available in the market, with the company having unlisted the option from their official website as well.
The diesel powertrain on the Maruti Ciaz came in the form of a 1.5-litre four-cylinder unit. It produced 94bhp and 225Nm of peak torque and was paired with a six-speed manual gearbox.
The discontinuation of the powertrain from the Ciaz is part of Maruti Suzuki's plans to phase out diesel engines by April 2020. However, the company did mention that they could BS6-compliant diesel engines if there is a good demand for it.
With the discontinuation of the diesel powertrain, the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz is now offered with a single BS6-compliant petrol engine. This comes in the form of a 1.5-litre unit producing 103bhp and 138Nm of peak torque, mated to either a five-speed manual or four-speed torque converter automatic transmission.
Apart from the discontinuation of the diesel engine on the Ciaz, no other changes have been made. Maruti Suzuki recently introduced a sportier version of the sedan, called the Ciaz S.
The new Maruti Suzuki Ciaz S is based on the top-spec ‘Alpha' variant and is offered at a price tag of Rs 10.08 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The new Ciaz S sedan comes with a host of sporty equipment, features and updates, including a new paint scheme — here are the details.
Apart from the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, the new 1.5-litre petrol engine is also offered on the Ertiga MPV. The company will also introduce it on the popular Vitara Brezza facelift, which is expected to go on sale soon.
The new Maruti Vitara Brezza facelift petrol was first showcased at the Auto Expo 2020 and is scheduled to launch in the coming weeks.
Thoughts On The Maruti Ciaz Diesel Powertrain Discontinued
Maruti Suzuki had previously announced the discontinuation of diesel engines from its lineup post the implementation of the BS6 emission norms. This was due to the additional costs required for diesel engines to be updated to comply with the new regulations. However, the company did state that if there is enough demand, they could introduce a BS6-compliant diesel unit at a later stage.