- 34 min ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Model Launching Soon: Brand Releases Teaser Via Social Media
- 1 hr ago Toyota Innova Crysta CNG Spied Testing Ahead Of India Launch Later This Year: Spy Pics & Details
- 1 hr ago Mahindra Announces Delay in Launches Of New XUV500 And New Thar: Details
- 1 day ago Kawasaki Launches The Ninja ZX-25R In Indonesia: Details & Specifications
- Movies Kannada Superstar Shivarajkumar To Work With Debutant Director Vijay Milton
- Technology 5G Push: Reliance Jio To Get Rs. 730 Crore From Qualcomm For 0.15% Stake
- News Pompeo, Jaishankar, Nirmala Sitharaman to address virtual India Ideas summit
- Finance Yes Bank Slips 18% On Steep Discount On FPO, Reports On SEBI Probe
- Sports Ish Sodhi says racism has no place in sport and change must set in
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Lifestyle 17 Safe And Effective Home Remedies For Foot Pain
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL), has announced that its S-CNG car sales crossed 1 lakh mark in the previous fiscal year. The company has sold a total of 1,06,443 S-CNG cars in the previous financial year.
Maruti-Suzuki becomes the highest seller of factory-fitted CNG kit in the country. The company has witnessed a 15.5 per cent growth in (CAGR) Compound Annual Growth Rate on its CNG sales from the past five years.
At the 2020 Auto Expo, the company announced a unique mission to support green mobility in India. Called the ‘Mission Green Million', the company aims to sell the next set of million green vehicles at a faster pace as compared to the previous financial year. company's S-CNG cars play a crucial role in completing the mission. As a result, we expect Maruti to increase there S-CNG portfolio in the coming months.
Maruti Suzuki currently offers a factory-fitted CNG variant with the Alto, the WagonR, the Eeco, and the Ertiga for personal use. The company has also expanded its S-CNG technology for commercial use as well. This includes the Tour S, the Tour V, the Eeco Cargo and the Super Carry.
Speaking about the achievement, Mr Kenichi Ayukawa, Managing Director & CEO, Maruti Suzuki India Limited, said, "The growth of CNG vehicles complements the Government of India's vision of reducing oil import and enhancing the share of natural gas in the energy basket of the country from 6.2% now to 15% by 2030."
"The Government is working to rapidly increase the CNG fuel pumps network in the country. There has been a phenomenal growth in several CNG stations in the last six years with over 50% of growth coming in the last year alone. With the government's clear focus, the spread of CNG stations is set to increase significantly."
He further added, "Maruti Suzuki is aligned with the Government's vision by strengthening and expanding its CNG product portfolio. We see CNG as a technology that has set a new benchmark in green fuel mobility. Factory fitted S-CNG vehicles are designed to deliver optimum performance, safety, engine durability, convenience and mileage. We are committed to Mission Green Million and strive towards bringing more advanced, affordable and fuel-efficient powertrain technologies for our customers."
The Factory-fitted CNG vehicles enjoy the benefits such as Maruti Suzuki's warranty and service assistance across India. Apart from this, customers will also be saving a lot of money as the CNG cars return more mileage as compared to conventional powered petrol or diesel cars. With all the above-mentioned benefits, S-CNG customers will also be helping the pollution as CNG cars are greener as compared to complete-combustion engine vehicles.
Maruti Suzuki S-CNG cars come equipped with Dual Interdependent ECU with Intelligent Injection System. It ensures better and consistent performance along with high fuel efficiency across all terrains.
In related news, Maruti Suzuki is gearing up to launch the S-Presso CNG hatchback in the Indian market. The company is said to have begun production of the CNG-variant of the hatchback at its facility — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki S-CNG Cars Sales Cross 1 Lakh Mark
Maruti Suzuki is on a mission to make the country's environment greener by encouraging its customers to opt for the S-CNG cars. The company aims to complete a million cars sales mark as early as possible. With the upcoming S-Presso CNG Variant, we expect some more volumes getting added to the total numbers and help complete the mission soon.