- 3 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 5 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 6 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 10 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Maruti Suzuki has revealed that they were able to manufacture a total of just 3,714 vehicles across its three facilities in the country. These details were revealed from the brand's regulatory filing at the Bombay Stock Exchange done recently.
The 3,714 units manufactured in May 2020, translates to a massive drop of 98 per cent in production numbers. The company's production numbers during the same month in 2019, stood at over 1.51 lakh.
Reports from auto.hindustantimes also suggest that out of the total vehicles manufacturers, 3,652 were for the passenger vehicle segment, while the remaining 62 units came from the manufacturing of Super Carry Light Commercial Vehicle.
Looking at segment-wise production numbers of Maruti Suzuki, the company registered to manufacture just 401 units of small hatchbacks, a number which stood at over 23,000 in May 2019. These small hatchbacks in the brand's lineup include the Alto and S-Presso offerings.
Similarly, Maruti Suzuki's compact car segment including the likes of the WagonR, Celerio, Ignis, Swift, Baleno and the Dzire also registered a massive drop of 98 per cent in production numbers.
The Utility Vehicle segment of Maruti Suzuki, also registered a drop of 96 per cent in production numbers, compared to the same period last year. Maruti Suzuki recorded total production number of just 928 units for the segment, which includes the likes of the Ertiga, Vitara Brezza and the S-Cross.
The company had registered production of over 24,000 units of the above-mentioned models during the period of May 2019.
Maruti Suzuki registered sales of 18,539 units in the month of May 2020. This is a drop of 86 per cent when compared to the brand's sales in May 2019 when it registered over 1.34 lakh units.
Among them, The Maruti Ertiga came out with the highest sales figures of 2,353 units, followed by the Dzire and Eeco, both of which registered 2,215 and 1,617 units of sales, respectively — here is the Maruti Suzuki sales report.
Thoughts About Maruti Suzuki Production Numbers In May 2020
Maruti Suzuki like many other manufacturers have suffered massively in terms of sales and production due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent lockdown. The company is hoping to soon improve demand and get back on track in the coming months.