- 24 hrs ago 2021 Force Gurkha Near Production SUV Spied Testing With Accessories: Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 1 day ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 1 day ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- News AP EAMCET 2020 Phase 2 seat allotment date and time details
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Band 6 Spotted: Key Details Revealed
- Movies Karan Johar's Emotional Post On Varun Dhawan's Wedding: My Boy Is Ready For This Beautiful Phase In His Life
- Finance Indices Start On A Strong Note; RIL Top Loser
- Sports Kim edges Cantlay to win The American Express
- Lifestyle Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal Look Like A Match Made In Heaven In Their Colour-Coordinated Outfits
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
Maruti Suzuki has revealed that they were able to manufacture a total of just 3,714 vehicles across its three facilities in the country. These details were revealed from the brand's regulatory filing at the Bombay Stock Exchange done recently.
The 3,714 units manufactured in May 2020, translates to a massive drop of 98 per cent in production numbers. The company's production numbers during the same month in 2019, stood at over 1.51 lakh.
Reports from auto.hindustantimes also suggest that out of the total vehicles manufacturers, 3,652 were for the passenger vehicle segment, while the remaining 62 units came from the manufacturing of Super Carry Light Commercial Vehicle.
Looking at segment-wise production numbers of Maruti Suzuki, the company registered to manufacture just 401 units of small hatchbacks, a number which stood at over 23,000 in May 2019. These small hatchbacks in the brand's lineup include the Alto and S-Presso offerings.
Similarly, Maruti Suzuki's compact car segment including the likes of the WagonR, Celerio, Ignis, Swift, Baleno and the Dzire also registered a massive drop of 98 per cent in production numbers.
The Utility Vehicle segment of Maruti Suzuki, also registered a drop of 96 per cent in production numbers, compared to the same period last year. Maruti Suzuki recorded total production number of just 928 units for the segment, which includes the likes of the Ertiga, Vitara Brezza and the S-Cross.
The company had registered production of over 24,000 units of the above-mentioned models during the period of May 2019.
Maruti Suzuki registered sales of 18,539 units in the month of May 2020. This is a drop of 86 per cent when compared to the brand's sales in May 2019 when it registered over 1.34 lakh units.
Among them, The Maruti Ertiga came out with the highest sales figures of 2,353 units, followed by the Dzire and Eeco, both of which registered 2,215 and 1,617 units of sales, respectively — here is the Maruti Suzuki sales report.
Thoughts About Maruti Suzuki Production Numbers In May 2020
Maruti Suzuki like many other manufacturers have suffered massively in terms of sales and production due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent lockdown. The company is hoping to soon improve demand and get back on track in the coming months.