- 8 min ago Toyota Innova Crysta CNG Spied Testing Ahead Of India Launch Later This Year: Spy Pics & Details
- 30 min ago Mahindra Announces Delay in Launches Of New XUV500 And New Thar: Details
- 1 day ago Kawasaki Launches The Ninja ZX-25R In Indonesia: Details & Specifications
- 1 day ago Volkswagen Polo & Vento TSI Limited-Edition Models Removed From The Company Website
- Movies Elvis Presley’s Grandson Benjamin Keough Passes Away At 27
- Technology Asus ZenFone 7 Series Might Inherit Flip Camera From Asus 6Z
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Sports Afghanistan spinner Rashid Khan reveals when he'll get married
- News Heavy rains likely over central India: IMD
- Finance 4 Reasons To Buy The PPF Now
- Lifestyle 17 Safe And Effective Home Remedies For Foot Pain
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Mahindra recently launched the BS6-compliant XUV500 SUV in the Indian market. The updated Mahindra XUV500 is currently sold only as a manual variant with no optional automatic offered by the company.
The company has still listed the automatic variants on its brochure, however, the prices are not announced by Mahindra. The Mahindra XUV500 AT is believed to have either been put on hold or delayed indefinitely in the Indian market.
The XUV500 BS6 model is offered in four variants: W5, W7, W9 and W11(O). The base trim ‘W5' retails at Rs 13.20 lakh, while the top trim ‘W11(O)' is priced at Rs 17.70 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The XUV500 BS6 model carries forward the same design and styling elements as on the BS4 model. This includes the cheetah-inspired design with chrome front grille, split wraparound tail lights, projector headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, twin exhausts, a rear spoiler, stylish diamond-cut alloy wheels, and more.
On the inside most of the features have been carried forward as well. These include plush leather upholstery, a large touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, keyless entry, an electric sunroof, automatic climate control, electrically-adjustable driver seats, dual airbags, brake assist, and a host of other features.
The 2020 Mahindra XUV500 comes powered by the same 2.2-litre mHawk diesel engine which is now BS6-compliant. It produces 155bhp and 360Nm of torque, and comes mated to a six-speed manual gearbox as standard, with power sent to the front wheels.
Mahindra is also developing an all-new next-generation XUV500. It will feature a host of upgrades over the current-gen model and a couple of new engines as well. The next-gen XUV500 is expected to be launched by next year in the Indian market.
In related news, Mahindra is gearing up to launch the next-generation Thar in the Indian market. The company has confirmed that the 2020 Thar will be launched soon after the lockdown has been completely lifted in the country.
The upcoming off-road SUV features a host of upgrades over the previou-gen Thar. It is also based on a new platform and will have a bigger footprint than the current-gen model. Also, the new-gen Thar will be sold with a factory-fitted hardtop when launched in the country — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Mahindra XUV500 Automatic Variant Put On Hold Or Delayed
Mahindra seems to be evaluating the market for automatic variants of the XUV500 in the country. The demand for automatic SUVs is gradually rising in the country, as a result we expect the company to launch the automatic variant at a later date.