- 56 min ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 2 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200RS Globally Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details
- News Plea in Supreme Court seeks inquiry commission to look into farmer violence
- Lifestyle Katrina Kaif’s Latest Two Summer-Perfect Outfits Are Also Ideal For Winters
- Sports England cricket team arrives in Chennai for series against India
- Movies 32 Years Of Ram Lakhan: Jackie Shroff Calls The Film 'Iconic'; Says 'It's A Milestone Of My Career'
- Finance Sensex Ends 937 Points Lower; Nifty Below 14,000 For The First Time Since 4 Jan
- Technology How To Download FAUG On PC? What Rating Has FAUG Received?
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
Mahindra's plans of updating its line-up to BS6 emission standards have been affected due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic and the nation-wide lockdown that was in effect earlier. The timelines for some of the next-generation vehicles have been pushed to next year.
We earlier reported that the brand's compact-SUV, the TUV300 has been unlisted from Mahindra's website last month. According to the latest reports from TeamBHP, the company is expected to launch the BS6 compact-SUV sometime this month.
Ahead of its launch, the TUV300 was spotted testing several times on Indian roads indicating its arrival soon in the market. It is expected to feature an all-new powertrain from the brand's new engine line-up showcased during this year's Auto Expo.
The compact-SUV in its BS4 format was powered by a 1.5-litre three-cylinder engine. It was capable of producing a maximum of 100bhp at 3750rpm and a peak torque of 240Nm between 1600rpm and 2800rpm. It came mated to either a five-speed manual or a five-speed AMT gearbox.
The upcoming BS6 model is expected to feature subtle changes to the exterior of the SUV. This could include an updated grille, reworked bumpers at both ends, redesigned headlamps and tail-lamps; among others.
On the inside, we expect the TUV300 BS6 to undergo substantial changes to offer a fresh look and premium feel to the cabin. It could feature an updated infotainment touch-screen system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It is also expected to feature new interior trim with soft-touch plastics.
Once launched, the new TUV300 will rival the Ford Ecosport, Hyundai Venue, Tata Nexon and the newly launched Honda WR-V; among other in the Indian market. The BS4 TUV300 model retailed between Rs 8.54 lakh and Rs 10.55 lakh. We expect the BS6 models to receive a slight increase in pricing owning to all the updates.
The reports do not state about the arrival of its elder sibling the TUV300 Plus, which is said to be undergoing a bigger overhaul than the TUV300. However, we expect the company to launch the extended model of the SUV sometime this year as well.
In related news, Mahindra is also gearing up to launch the most anticipated next-generation Thar off-road SUV in the Indian market. The company is said to launch the 2020 Thar sometime later this year. Ahead of its launch, the new SUV has been spied testing revealing a few more information — here are all details.
Thoughts About The Mahindra TUV300 BS6 Expected To Launch This Month
The Covid-19 pandemic has affected the timelines for Mahindra to launch their updated models in the Indian market. The TUV300 was launched first launched in 2015 and the company gave it a mid-cycle facelift last year. However, due to its highly competitive rivals, the SUV has not faired well in terms of sales numbers.