- 3 hrs ago Geneva Motor Show 2020 Cancelled Due To Coronavirus Alert
- 9 hrs ago Vahan Database To Display Partially Concealed Names Of Vehicle Owners: Ministry Of Transport
- 11 hrs ago Hero Super Splendor BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 67,300, Ex-Showroom, Delhi
- 1 day ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 BS6 (First Ride) Review: Crafted To Be More Invisible Than Before
- Sports Hardik Pandya returns to cricket pitch post back surgery, hits 6 towering sixes in his quickfire knock
- Movies Deepika Padukone On Not Working In Hollywood After xXx: ‘Not Actively Seeking Films There’
- Technology Vivo V19 Official Renders Show Design, Colors And More
- News With GDP growth at 7 yr low, FinMin says slowdown has bottomed out
- Lifestyle 11 Benefits Of Drinking Water On An Empty Stomach
- Education UPSC Tie-breaking Principals For Civil Services And Other Exams
- Finance India’s Eight Core Industries Grew At 2.2% In January
- Travel March 2020: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
The upcoming 2020 Mahindra Thar BS6 model has been spotted testing ahead of its India launch. Spy pics and a spy video taken by us reveal a test model that is partially camouflaged.
Spy pics reveal change made to the exterior of the Mahindra Thar. The upcoming SUV is larger in size than the current-generation ones, and this makes for more 'presence' on the roads.
Spy pics from earlier have revealed that the 2020 Mahindra Thar will feature a new floating type touchscreen infotainment system that is expected to be Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible.
The upcoming Mahindra Thar will also feature a new instrument cluster that has two analogue dials with an MID in the middle, a fully automatic temperature control unit, and folding key fob.
Mahindra's all-new Thar SUV will arrive with a new 2.0-litre, BS6 compliant engine and will arrive mated to a six-speed manual transmission.
Power and performance figure of the new engine are unknown at the moment, and one could expect an automatic transmission unit as well.
The vehicle will arrive with disc brakes on all wheels, rear parking sensors, and two airbags as a standard.
The current-generation Mahindra Thar features a 2.5-litre, four-cylinder, SOHC, BS4 complaint diesel engine that produces 105bhp of power and 247Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to five-speed manual transmission.
The current-generation Thar is available in three variants - the CRDe 4X4, the CRDe 4X4 ABS, and the 700 Special Edition. The SUVs are priced between Rs 9.95 lakh and Rs 9.99 lakh. Expect the 2020 models to be priced roughly between Rs 10.75 lakh and Rs 12.50 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom.
In related news, specification for the all-new Mahindra XUV500 BS6 model was leaked recently, before an official announcement. The ARAI Type Approval Certificate revealed that the XUV500's W5, W9, and W11 trims were confirmed for launch. To know more, click here.
Thoughts About The 2020 Mahindra Thar Spotted Testing Ahead Of Its India Launch
Spy pics and videos are always good new. We expect to see more spy pics and images before the 2020 Thar is launched. We also expect the vehicle to be showcased at the Delhi Auto Expo scheduled for February this year.