- 1 hr ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 2 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200RS Globally Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details
- Movies Actress Files Complaint Against OTT Platform For Showing Obscene Content
- News Plea in Supreme Court seeks inquiry commission to look into farmer violence
- Lifestyle Katrina Kaif’s Latest Two Summer-Perfect Outfits Are Also Ideal For Winters
- Sports England cricket team arrives in Chennai for series against India
- Finance Sensex Ends 937 Points Lower; Nifty Below 14,000 For The First Time Since 4 Jan
- Technology How To Download FAUG On PC? What Rating Has FAUG Received?
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
Mahindra has updated the brochure of the recently launched all-new Thar in the Indian market. The updated brochure does not mention the six-seat base-spec AX variant of the Thar SUV. Based on the earlier reports and the updated brochure, the company might have discontinued the six-seat variant permanently.
The updated brochure was brought to light by the recent report from Cartoq. The 2020 Mahindra Thar was initially offered in three variants: AX, AX (O) and the LX. The AX variant was offered in a six-seat side-facing configuration. Soon the company stopped accepting bookings for the base-spec model.
According to earlier report from the company, a majority of customers opted for the top-spec LX variant. This influenced the decision of axing the base-spec model from the SUV's line-up. Other reports suggest that the six-seat variant offered less in terms of occupant safety as compared to the forward-facing variants.
With an aim to offer the Thar customers enhanced safety, the company might have permanently discontinued the base-spec variant. However, Mahindra is yet to make an official statement on the changes made to the Thar's variants.
The Mahindra Thar retailed at a starting price of Rs 9.80 lakh for the base-spec variant. Based on the updated brochure, the Thar now retails at a starting price of Rs 11.90 lakh. While the pricing for the top-spec LX remains unchanged at Rs 13.75 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The all-new Thar has become one among the successful four-wheeler model sold in the Indian market. The updated SUV is well-received by off-road enthusiast and the general public.
The Thar SUV added another feather to its cap by securing a 4-star safety rating from Global NCAP. The SUV scored 12.52 points out of 17 for adult occupant safety and an impressive 41.11 points out of 49 for child occupant protection — here are all details.
The second-gen SUV is available with two engine options: a 2.0-litre T-GDi mStallion petrol engine and a 2.2-litre mHawk diesel unit. The petrol unit produces 150bhp and 320Nm of peak torque while the diesel engine churns out 130bhp and 300Nm of torque.
Engines come mated to either a six-speed manual or a six-speed torque-converter automatic transmission. All varaints come equipped with Shift-On-Fly four-wheel-drive system with mechanical locking differentials as standard.
Thoughts About The Mahindra Thar 6 Seat Variant Removed From The Brochure
Mahindra is looking to offer an enhanced experience with the all-new Thar for its buyers. The company is looking to concentrate on variants of the Thar that are currently in demand. As a result, the base-specs varaint, due to its low demand might have been discontinued permanently. We will report back once the company makes an official statement on this regard.