- Movies Varun Dhawan Celebrates His 9-Year Milestone In Bollywood, Says 'Thank You For Believing'
- Education RSMSSB Fireman And AFO 2021 Exam Date Announced For 629 Posts On RSMSSB.Rajasthan.Gov.In, Check Details Here
- Sports Kamalpreet Kaur aims to break her national record to prepare for World Championships, CWG, Asian Games
- News Uttarakhand: Cloudburst in Nainital; several people feared trapped under debris
- Finance 1 Large-Cap And Small-Cap Stock To Buy As Suggested By ICICI Securities
- Technology Google Pixel Launch Event Today: Here's How To Watch Livestream In India
- Lifestyle Long Covid May Not Be As Fatal As Acute COVID-19 But Can Worsen Existing Ailments, Say Experts
- Travel International Travel News: US To Ease Travel Curbs For Fully Vaccinated Foreigners From November 8
Mahindra has updated the brochure of the recently launched all-new Thar in the Indian market. The updated brochure does not mention the six-seat base-spec AX variant of the Thar SUV. Based on the earlier reports and the updated brochure, the company might have discontinued the six-seat variant permanently.
The updated brochure was brought to light by the recent report from Cartoq. The 2020 Mahindra Thar was initially offered in three variants: AX, AX (O) and the LX. The AX variant was offered in a six-seat side-facing configuration. Soon the company stopped accepting bookings for the base-spec model.
According to earlier report from the company, a majority of customers opted for the top-spec LX variant. This influenced the decision of axing the base-spec model from the SUV's line-up. Other reports suggest that the six-seat variant offered less in terms of occupant safety as compared to the forward-facing variants.
With an aim to offer the Thar customers enhanced safety, the company might have permanently discontinued the base-spec variant. However, Mahindra is yet to make an official statement on the changes made to the Thar's variants.
The Mahindra Thar retailed at a starting price of Rs 9.80 lakh for the base-spec variant. Based on the updated brochure, the Thar now retails at a starting price of Rs 11.90 lakh. While the pricing for the top-spec LX remains unchanged at Rs 13.75 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The all-new Thar has become one among the successful four-wheeler model sold in the Indian market. The updated SUV is well-received by off-road enthusiast and the general public.
The Thar SUV added another feather to its cap by securing a 4-star safety rating from Global NCAP. The SUV scored 12.52 points out of 17 for adult occupant safety and an impressive 41.11 points out of 49 for child occupant protection — here are all details.
The second-gen SUV is available with two engine options: a 2.0-litre T-GDi mStallion petrol engine and a 2.2-litre mHawk diesel unit. The petrol unit produces 150bhp and 320Nm of peak torque while the diesel engine churns out 130bhp and 300Nm of torque.
Engines come mated to either a six-speed manual or a six-speed torque-converter automatic transmission. All varaints come equipped with Shift-On-Fly four-wheel-drive system with mechanical locking differentials as standard.
Thoughts About The Mahindra Thar 6 Seat Variant Removed From The Brochure
Mahindra is looking to offer an enhanced experience with the all-new Thar for its buyers. The company is looking to concentrate on variants of the Thar that are currently in demand. As a result, the base-specs varaint, due to its low demand might have been discontinued permanently. We will report back once the company makes an official statement on this regard.