- 26 min ago Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Price Increase Announced Again: Here Is The Complete Price List
- 2 hrs ago MG Hector Production Cross 50,000 Units Mark: Milestone SUV Produced By All-Women Crew
- 4 hrs ago Suzuki Burgman Electric Scooter Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 5 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Review (Road Test): Is It Different Or Better Than The Vitara Brezza?
- Lifestyle What To Know About Buruli Ulcer, A Flesh-Eating Disease Spreading In Australia
- News From flashy diamantaire to fugitive: Nirav Modi's long road to extradition in PNB scam
- Sports PM Modi to deliver inaugural address at Khelo India Winter Games opening ceremony
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In March
- Technology Vivo X60 Receives Indonesia Telecom, BIS Certifications; Launch Expected Soon
- Movies Sushmita Sen Confirms Aarya 2, Says ‘Your Wish Is Our Command'
- Finance NIDHI Company: Things to Know Before Investing
- Education Assam Sericulture Admit Card 2021 Released, Download Grade 4 Hall Ticket At sericulture.assam.gov.in
Mahindra has commenced production of hand sanitizers to help fight the on-going COVID-19 pandemic in the country. A team of Mahindra employees have procured the license after completing the testing procedures of the sanitizer.
Mahindra's Agri Chemicals (a unit of Mahindra Group) has commenced manufacture of a hand sanitiser, which according to the company's officials was developed in record time. The formulation, licencing and testing phases are completed and have been approved for production by the authorities.
The availability of hand sanitizers has become very essential in recent times due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak in the country. As a result, there is a huge shortage of supply in hand sanitizers. To help fill the demand, Mahindra has commenced production of hand sanitizers in the country. It is mainly needed for emergency personnel who are treating the people affected by this deadly virus.
The company has also started production of other personal protection equipment (PPE) as well. This includes face masks, ventilators, hand gloves and face shields. The company have recently started production of face shields at their Pithampur facility in Madhya Pradesh.
The facility during normal days rolls out Jawa motorcycles to the Indian market, however, due to the current crisis, the plant has begun assembling face shields. Other facilities at Haridwar (Uttarakhand), Kandivali (Mumbai) and Nashik (Maharashtra) have started production of face masks as well.
M&M has also been working on developing a low-cost ventilator since early March. Called the 'AIR100', prototypes are being tested by the company. The ventilator from the company features, a self-refilling bag-valve-mask unit with a 1.0- to 1.5-litre capacity.
In related news, apart from the manufacturing of medical equipment, the company has also started providing free emergency cab services in Hyderabad. The services will be offered free of cost to help with the on-going COVID-19 pandemic — here are more details.
Thoughts About Mahindra Producing Hand Sanitizers To Fight COVID-19 Pandemic
The Automotive Industry is one among most hit businesses that are experiencing severe loss due to the production plants and dealerships being shut. However, we can still see more and more auto manufacturers joining the battle to fight the current crisis. Kudos to Mahindra for being a huge part of this battle and frequently coming up with various initiatives to fight COVID-19 pandemic.