- 1 hr ago Tata Gravitas Has Been Spotted Testing Ahead Of Its India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 24 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are Some Of The Highlights From The Auto Industry Last Week
- 1 day ago Top Bike News Of The Week: BMW F 900 R, F 900 XR, Versys 1000, BattRE Scooters Launched & More
- 1 day ago Triumph Scrambler 1200 Bond Edition Revealed: Limited To 250 Units Worldwide
- News Heatwave: IMD issues 'red alert' for most North Indian states, asks people to stay indoors
- Movies Eid Mubarak 2020: Mahesh Babu, Chiranjeevi & Other Wish Fans On Eid-Al-Fitr
- Sports La Liga boss wants June 11 Seville derby to restart season
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Karan Johar: Stylish Looks That Proves He Has Distinctive Fashion Sense
- Finance Why Zee Entertainment Shares Could Fall On Tuesday?
- Technology Moto G8 Power Lite Vs Other Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 10,000
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Mahindra has commenced production of hand sanitizers to help fight the on-going COVID-19 pandemic in the country. A team of Mahindra employees have procured the license after completing the testing procedures of the sanitizer.
Mahindra's Agri Chemicals (a unit of Mahindra Group) has commenced manufacture of a hand sanitiser, which according to the company's officials was developed in record time. The formulation, licencing and testing phases are completed and have been approved for production by the authorities.
The availability of hand sanitizers has become very essential in recent times due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak in the country. As a result, there is a huge shortage of supply in hand sanitizers. To help fill the demand, Mahindra has commenced production of hand sanitizers in the country. It is mainly needed for emergency personnel who are treating the people affected by this deadly virus.
The company has also started production of other personal protection equipment (PPE) as well. This includes face masks, ventilators, hand gloves and face shields. The company have recently started production of face shields at their Pithampur facility in Madhya Pradesh.
The facility during normal days rolls out Jawa motorcycles to the Indian market, however, due to the current crisis, the plant has begun assembling face shields. Other facilities at Haridwar (Uttarakhand), Kandivali (Mumbai) and Nashik (Maharashtra) have started production of face masks as well.
M&M has also been working on developing a low-cost ventilator since early March. Called the 'AIR100', prototypes are being tested by the company. The ventilator from the company features, a self-refilling bag-valve-mask unit with a 1.0- to 1.5-litre capacity.
In related news, apart from the manufacturing of medical equipment, the company has also started providing free emergency cab services in Hyderabad. The services will be offered free of cost to help with the on-going COVID-19 pandemic — here are more details.
Thoughts About Mahindra Producing Hand Sanitizers To Fight COVID-19 Pandemic
The Automotive Industry is one among most hit businesses that are experiencing severe loss due to the production plants and dealerships being shut. However, we can still see more and more auto manufacturers joining the battle to fight the current crisis. Kudos to Mahindra for being a huge part of this battle and frequently coming up with various initiatives to fight COVID-19 pandemic.