- 7 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 8 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- 8 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 125 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 9 hrs ago FAME II Certification Validity Extended: Will It Benefit EV Market In India?
- Movies Vakeel Saab Day 6 Box Office Collection: Here’s How Much Pawan Kalyan Starrer Has Earned So Far
- Technology Amazon Smartphone Upgrade Days 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Mobiles
- Sports IPL 2021: Glenn Maxwell likens Royal Challengers Bangalore role to one at Australia
- News Pakistan working on single-dose COVID-19 vaccine with China’s help: Official
- Finance How to find IFSC Code?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
- Lifestyle Pretty In Pink! Alaya F’s Shimmery Eye Lids And Matte Lips Make For The Perfect Makeup Look For Date Night!
Land Rover will launch its Defender range of off-road SUVs on October 15, 2020, in the Indian market. The company will be launching the Defender brand for the first time in the country, which will mark a significant milestone for Land Rover in India.
The Defender is available in two models called the 90 (three-door) and the 110, which is a five-door SUV. Both models are offered in five variants each. Land Rover had announced prices for the Defender earlier this year and was open for pre-bookings in the country.
The Defender 90 retails at a between Rs 69.99 lakh and Rs 81.30 lakh, while the 110 model is priced between Rs 76.57 lakh and Rs 86.27 lakh. The deliveries of the Defender 110 model will begin at the time of the launch. However, deliveries of the Defender 90 model are delayed due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Rohit Suri, President & Managing Director, Jaguar Land Rover India Ltd (JLRIL), said: "It will be a proud moment for Land Rover to bring the iconic New Defender for the first time in India since we entered the country in 2009. It will also be a significant milestone for the overall auto industry in India to witness the launch of a vehicle which enjoys legendary cult status across the globe. In line with its status, an immersive and highly engaging digital launch event has been planned to mark its arrival in India".
The new Defender models are powered by a 2.0-litre, four-cylinder, turbo-petrol ‘P300' engine. It produces a maximum of 300hp and a peak torque of 400Nm. The engine comes mated to an eight-speed automatic gearbox with power sent to all four wheels.
The Defender also features Land Rover's terrain response system to help tackle the rough terrain with ease. The Defender 110 model is offered with an air-suspension system as standard.
Other driver assistance features on the off-roader include cruise control, a 360-degree 3D surround camera, wade sensing for those stream crossings and driver condition monitoring. The SUV features standard safety equipment such as airbags, ABS, traction control and more.
The exterior of the Defender features projector headlamps with u-shaped LED DRLs, a square-shaped LED tail lamps, dual-tone colour with the roof finished in silver, and scuff plates at both ends; among others.
On the inside, the Land Rover Defender comes packed with a host of features and carries a rugged design theme. This includes rubber floors to help with muddy boots, seats made out of fabric and leather combination for maximum durability. Some of the other features include a Head-Up Display, a 12.3-inch fully-digital instrument cluster, a 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system, wireless smartphone charging and more.
Thoughts About The Land Rover Defender India Launch Timeline Revealed
The company had announced the prices of the Defender off-road SUV range much earlier in the year. However, the deliveries of the SUVs were delayed due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
The Defender name is known for its go-anywhere capabilities and can conquer any terrain. Once launched, the Land Rover Defender 110 will rival the Jeep Wrangler and the Mercedes-Benz G350; among others in the Indian market.