- 7 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 9 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 9 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Technology Flipkart Discounts On High-Performance Laptops To Buy In India
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Land Rover has launched the all-new Defender in the Indian market at a starting price of Rs 69.99 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The new 21st century Land Rover Defender will be offered in both the 90 (3-door) and 110 (5-door) variant in the Indian market.
The new Land Rover Defender will be imported into the Indian market via the CBU (Completely Built Unit) route. Land Rover has also confirmed the start of bookings for the Defender in the Indian market, with deliveries scheduled to begin from August 2020.
Rohit Suri, President & Managing Director, Jaguar Land Rover India Ltd. (JLRIL), said:
"The New Defender embraces its rich lineage in a modern, 21st-century package that makes it extremely capable, on and off-road. With the entry of this icon to India, we are extremely proud to offer to our customers, the most capable and durable product in the Land Rover portfolio, while still retaining the authenticity and character of the original."
The new Defender will be offered in five trim-levels on both the 90 and 110 variants. This includes the base, S, SE, HSE and the top-spec First Edition. All variants and trims, however, will come packed with a host of features and accessories, allowing customers to customise their Defender accordingly.
Both the 90 and 110 models in the Defender's lineup will be offered with a single-engine option. This comes in the form of a 2.0-litre four-cylinder BS6-compliant petrol engine producing 292bhp and 400Nm of torque, paired with a standard automatic transmission unit. However, Land Rover could bring in a larger and more powerful 3.0-litre petrol engine on the Defender at a later stage as well.
The original Land Rover Defender was known to be the most off-road capable machine, with the new SUV being no different. The new Defender comes equipped with all the off-roading tools, including independent air suspension and coil spring suspension and the most advanced Terrain Response 2 system.
The new Defender is capable of carrying a maximum payload capacity of 900kg, water wading depth of 900mm and a towing capacity of 3.2 tonnes.
The air suspension system on the new Defender SUV can raise itself by 145mm during extreme off-roading. The suspension system will then automatically lower the ground clearance once back on tarmac as well, by up to 50mm.
Apart from the off-road capabilities of the new Land Rover Defender, the SUV also comes with a host of premium and luxury features and equipment. This includes connectivity technology with OTA (over-the-air) updates, 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system, 12.3-inch fully-digital instrument cluster, heads-up display and a host of others as well.
Thoughts On The Land Rover Defender In India
The Land Rover Defender is one of the most capable and iconic off-roaders in the world. The latest-iteration of the SUV was globally unveiled last year and has finally made its way to the Indian market.
The Land Rover Defender doesn't have any direct rivals in the Indian market, although the Jeep Wrangler does come close.