- 8 hrs ago 2021 Force Gurkha Near Production SUV Spied Testing With Accessories: Pics & Details
- 24 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 1 day ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 1 day ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- Sports IPL 2021: Rajasthan Royals appoint Kumar Sangakkara as director of cricket for the upcoming season
- News Republic Day 2021: University, CBSE toppers to watch parade from Prime Minister’s box
- Movies Varun Dhawan Weds Natasha Dalal: Karan Johar And Manish Malhotra Set To Attend The Ceremony!
- Lifestyle Drashti Dhami’s Bold Make-Up Look Highlighted By Dramatic Eyes And Reflected Lips Will Leave You Jaw Drop!
- Technology BSNL Republic Day Offer 2021: Extends Validity Of Rs. 1,999 And Rs. 2,399 Long Term Plans
- Finance Markets To Be Volatile Ahead Of Union Budget And Monthly Expiry
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
Italian supercar manufacturer, Lamborghini, decided to foray into the SUV segment with the launch of the Urus back in December 2017. The company recognised the rising demand for SUV across all segments.
According to the latest report from the company, it has rolled out the 10,000th unit of Urus from the Lamborghini's factory in Sant'Agata Bolognese. The brand has achieved a new milestone considering how higher-up the price bracket the car is placed.
The performance luxury SUV eventually made it to the Indian shores and is sold in good numbers. According to reports from the company, Lamborghini sold 4,962 units of Urus across the world in 2019, out of which close to 50 units were sold in India.
Coming back to the 10,000th Urus model, it has already found its owner in Russia. The company has also given the milestone model a bit more exclusivity with a couple of mentions and feature changes on the SUV.
This includes a chassis number with 10,000, a new Nero Noctis Matt (black) paint scheme, combined with the carbon fibre package and two-tone Ad Personam interiors in black and orange, complemented by carbon fibre components.
Lamborghini also announced that it has added a couple of new colour options for the Urus in June 2020. Called the Urus Pearl Capsule, is a two-tone exterior look, that offers ultra-bright pearlescent shades with four-layer paint, in line with Lamborghini colour tradition - Giallo Inti (yellow), Arancio Borealis (orange), and Verde Mantis (green).
This is combined with glossy black roof, rear diffuser, spoiler lip and other details. The Urus Pearl Capsule comes as an optional extra for Model Year 2021 and is offered together with a wide range of new colours and features.
Speaking about the powertrain of the Urus, the SUV is powered by a 4.0-litre twin-turbo V8 engine. It produces a maximum of 641bhp at 6000rpm and a peak torque of 850Nm between 2250rpm and 4500rpm.
The engine comes mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission with power sent to all four wheels. The Urus can accelerate from standstill to 100km/h in 3.6 seconds and continue to reach an electronically limited top speed of 305km/h. It also features multiple driving modes, electronically adjustable suspension and carbon-ceramic brake package.
To accommodate the production for Urus, Lamborghini also expanded the shop floor from 80,000 square meters to 160,000 square meters. Called the ‘Manifattura Lamborghini', is a dedicated assembly line to the SUV, that is based on the so-called Factory 4.0 model.
It integrates new production technologies to support workers throughout the assembly operations. Also In 2019, a paint shop dedicated entirely to the Urus was commissioned just like the production line. The new paint shop is based improved version on the Factory 4.0 model, which integrates new technologies including AI.
The Lamborghini Urus has widely accepted because of its aggressive and striking looks and the matching performance across the world. As a result, it has been owned by various celebrities around the world including our very own superstar Rajinikanth. He has been recently spotted driving his Urus — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Lamborghini Urus Achieving 10,000 Units Production Milestone
The rising demand for SUVs across the world has seen a substantial increase in sales of the Urus SUV. It caters to a wide variety of buyers who are looking for a practical vehicle for daily use, and a performance machine that can be taken to the track on weekends. While we are impressed that the Lamborghini Urus has achieved 10,000 units in production, we can't help but wonder if those numbers will double, you know, after a superstar named Rajnikanth was spotted driving one!