- 11 hrs ago Datsun Car Discounts For November 2020: GO+, GO & Redi-GO Receive Benefits Up To Rs 51,000
- 14 hrs ago Supreme Court To Pass Final Judgment On FADA’s Plea For BS4 Vehicle Registration
- 15 hrs ago Mahindra Thar Secures Four-Star Rating At Global NCAP Crash Tests: Watch The Test Video Here!
- 16 hrs ago 2021 Kawasaki ZX-10R & ZX-10RR Unveiled Globally: India Launch Expected Next Year
- Technology Micromax IN 1b To Go On First Sale Today At 12PM Via Flipkart
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 November 25 Highlights: Rubina & Abhinav Protest Against Captain Kavita
- Sports Inter 0-2 Real Madrid: Hazard and Rodrygo leave 10-man Nerazzurri on brink of exit
- News Bharat Bandh on November 26: Trade unions to go on nationwide strike today
- Finance Lakshmi Vilas Bank Shares Suspended From Trading From 26 Nov
- Lifestyle Bittersweet Thanksgiving 2020 For Grandma Who Accidentally Texted US Teen In 2016 For Dinner
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In December
- Education Nainital Bank Admit Card 2020 Released For PO And Clerk, Check Direct Link To Download
South Korean auto manufacturer, Kia Motors, has unveiled its new manual transmission system that will feature on its upcoming mild-hybrid car models. The new technology will help increase fuel efficiency, and will reduce CO2 emissions.
Kia's revolutionary Intelligent Manual Transmission (iMT) is electronically operated by clutch-by-wire technology. The iMT is integrated with a 48V mild-hybrid powertrain.
The new manual transmission technology uses the mild-hybrid starter generator (MHSG) to switch off the engine while cruising, effectively reducing dependability of conventional stop-start systems.
The brand says that the Intelligent Manual Transmission reduces that vehicle's emissions by close to 3 percent in real-world conditions, and improves fuel economy because of the reduced use of the mild-hybrid's starter generator.
Interestingly, the gear that the vehicle is in remains engaged even while the engine is off. The technology allows for the engine to fire up when the driver presses either the brake or the accelerator pedals.
To counter the damage caused in case the vehicle is moving too slow, or in case the driver engages the clutch pedal instead of the brake or accelerator, the Intelligent Manual Transmission system restarts the car in neutral.
An open clutch system limits deceleration while the engine is switched off while cruising, and pressing the accelerator or clutch pedals brings the engine revs to the correct speed as the engine restarts.
Kia's new manual transmission technology makes traditional manual transmission systems more efficient without the need for the driver to stop engaging gears.
Common start-stop systems of mild-hybrid powertrains that feature a manual gearbox come into play when the car comes to a complete stop.
The brand intends offering the new manual transmission system along with clutch by wire technology on all its future models. The new tech will be seen on the Kia Rio's mild-hybrid models that are to be launched in Europe. The brand will launch the tech in other international markets later this year.
In Kia related news, the brand recently unveiled its 2021 Carnival MPV via a set of official images. The vehicle will become the fourth-generation iteration of the MPV once launched. To know more, click here.
Thoughts About Kia's New Intelligent Manual Transmission Technology
This is an excellent development. Better fuel efficiency is the need of the hour considering what appears to be ever increasing prices of fuel in the country. At least Kia has us covered.