- 12 hrs ago BMW M340i xDrive Review (First Drive): The First Locally Assembled 'M' Car
- 14 hrs ago Renault Kiger Compact-SUV Sales Figures For February 2021: Outsells Nissan Magnite & Ford EcoSport
- 16 hrs ago Isuzu D-Max Regular Cab & S-Cab Prices To Be Hiked From 1 April: Here Is The New Price List!
- 19 hrs ago Dual Front Airbags Mandatory On All Cars From 1 April: Here Are The Details!
- Technology Best Water Proof Portable Bluetooth Speakers To Buy In India
- News Assam Polls: Congress announces candidates for 40 seats
- Education SSC MTS Result 2021: SSC Declares MTS Final Result And Merit List
- Sports Ex-Ranji cricketer who cheated firms posing as minister’s secretary held in Telangana
- Movies Splitsvilla 13 Grand Premiere Episode Highlights: Sunny Leone And Rannvijay Singha Introduce The Contestants
- Lifestyle Maha Shivratri 2021: Some Mythological Stories Of Lord Shiva That You Need To Know
- Finance NPS vs Other Tax Saving Investments: Where A Tax Saver Should Invest?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
Kia Sonet Concept unveiled at the Auto Expo 2020. Kia Motors India has unveiled the concept version of its upcoming compact-SUV offering for the Indian market, the Sonet. The Kia Sonet will be the latest product offering from the brand after the launch of the Carnival MPV.
The Kia Sonet concept is a compact-SUV offering based on the highly popular Hyundai Venue. The Kia Sonet, earlier codenamed the QYI is expected to go on sale in the Indian market by end-2020.
The Kia Sonet SUV has been spied testing multiple times in the Indian market. Once launched in India, the Sonet compact-SUV is expected to rival the likes of the Ford EcoSport, Mahindra XUV300 and the new Maruti Vitara Brezza in the segment.
The concept version of the compact-SUV comes with a very striking design, including a prominent tiger-nose grille up front, with red contrasting elements, LED headlamps with integrated DRLs, prominent and muscular wheel arches and a single LED strip running across the width of the entire boot at the rear.
The Kia Sonet Concept gives us a first glimpse of what the compact-SUV offering from the Korean brand could look like, once launched in the Indian market. The Sonet Concept once introduced will be powered by the same engine options, which power the Venue.
This includes 1.2-litre petrol, 1.0-litre turbo petrol and a 1.4-litre diesel. All of these engines, however, will be compliant to the latest emission norms of the country. The engines will also be mated to a manual transmission, with the top-spec variants expected to receive an automatic gearbox as optional.
Thoughts On The Kia Sonet Concept Unveiled At The Auto Expo 2020
The Kia Sonet Concept could be the third model from the Korean brand to go on sale in the Indian market, after the Seltos and Carnival.
Kia Motors entered the Indian market on an extremely positive note with the Seltos, which has now become the best-selling SUV in the country.
The brand hopes to replicate the same response for the compact-SUV offering as well, once introduced in India. Once launched in India, expect the Kia Sonet to be priced in the same range as its competitors; around Rs 8 lakh to Rs 12 lakh, ex-showroom.