- 11 hrs ago Datsun Redi-GO Facelift Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of Its Launch
- 12 hrs ago 2021 Kawasaki Z650 BS6 Launched In India: Priced At Rs 5.94 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago Mercedes Benz Special Finance Offers Introduced In India: Here Are ‘Wishbox 2.0’ Details
- 15 hrs ago All-New Skoda Karoq SUV Launched In India: Priced At Rs 24.99 Lakh
- Technology Avail Attractive Discounts On Electronic Gadgets On Amazon
- Lifestyle Is It Safe To Drink Urine?
- Movies Pankaj Dheer Aka Karna Takes A Trip Down Memory Lane As Mahabharat Airs On COLORS
- News Hotel quarantine for foreign returnees only for 7 days, can't charge more: Centre to states
- Sports IOA forms panel to name observer for election of its members, also constitutes NE committee
- Finance Jio Platforms Prepares For IPO Outside India
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Kia Sonet Concept unveiled at the Auto Expo 2020. Kia Motors India has unveiled the concept version of its upcoming compact-SUV offering for the Indian market, the Sonet. The Kia Sonet will be the latest product offering from the brand after the launch of the Carnival MPV.
The Kia Sonet concept is a compact-SUV offering based on the highly popular Hyundai Venue. The Kia Sonet, earlier codenamed the QYI is expected to go on sale in the Indian market by end-2020.
The Kia Sonet SUV has been spied testing multiple times in the Indian market. Once launched in India, the Sonet compact-SUV is expected to rival the likes of the Ford EcoSport, Mahindra XUV300 and the new Maruti Vitara Brezza in the segment.
The concept version of the compact-SUV comes with a very striking design, including a prominent tiger-nose grille up front, with red contrasting elements, LED headlamps with integrated DRLs, prominent and muscular wheel arches and a single LED strip running across the width of the entire boot at the rear.
The Kia Sonet Concept gives us a first glimpse of what the compact-SUV offering from the Korean brand could look like, once launched in the Indian market. The Sonet Concept once introduced will be powered by the same engine options, which power the Venue.
This includes 1.2-litre petrol, 1.0-litre turbo petrol and a 1.4-litre diesel. All of these engines, however, will be compliant to the latest emission norms of the country. The engines will also be mated to a manual transmission, with the top-spec variants expected to receive an automatic gearbox as optional.
Thoughts On The Kia Sonet Concept Unveiled At The Auto Expo 2020
The Kia Sonet Concept could be the third model from the Korean brand to go on sale in the Indian market, after the Seltos and Carnival.
Kia Motors entered the Indian market on an extremely positive note with the Seltos, which has now become the best-selling SUV in the country.
The brand hopes to replicate the same response for the compact-SUV offering as well, once introduced in India. Once launched in India, expect the Kia Sonet to be priced in the same range as its competitors; around Rs 8 lakh to Rs 12 lakh, ex-showroom.