- 8 hrs ago Pioneer Launch TS-WX3000T Tube Subwoofer From Champion Series: Priced At Rs 9,990
- 8 hrs ago New Ford Freestyle Flair Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.69 Lakh
- 11 hrs ago Renault Duster Turbo-Petrol Engine Teased Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 11 hrs ago Skoda Enyaq iV Electric SUV Design Sketches Officially Revealed: Here Are The Details!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In West Bengal In August
- Technology Reliance Digital Independence Day 2020 Sale: Great Deals And Offers On Gadgets
- Sports Champions League: Atalanta 1-2 Paris Saint-Germain: Choupo-Moting completes stunning late comeback
- Movies Mohanlal Tests Negative For COVID-19: Resumes Shooting!
- News India, Nepal to hold senior level dialogue on Aug 17 after a nine-month hiatus
- Lifestyle From Banana To Milk, Ginger To Water: Foods That Help Get Rid Of Headaches Quickly
- Finance 'PM SVANidhi' Scheme For Street Vendors Receives Over 5 Lakh Applications
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Kia Motors India has officially released the first official teaser rendering of the production-ready Sonet Compact-SUV. The Kia Sonet teaser image gives us a glimpse of the front design of the production-spec SUV, which is scheduled to have its world premiere on the 7th of August 2020.
The Kia Sonet will be positioned below the brand's extremely popular Seltos in the compact-SUV segment. The new sub-4-metre SUV is expected to launch sometime soon after its world premiere and will rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Hyundai Venue, Ford EcoSport, Mahindra XUV300 and the Tata Nexon.
The Sonet once launched will be the South Korean carmaker's third model in India, following the Seltos and the Carnival MPV. The compact-SUV will be the brand's second ‘made-in-India' model and will be manufactured alongside the Seltos at the company's facility in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh.
Talking about the design, the rendering of the Kia Sonet can be seen featuring the brand's signature ‘tiger nose' grille. The grille is flanked on either side by sleek LED headlamps with LED DRLs; among others. Kia Motors stated that the Sonet will come with an aggressive stance, rugged appeal, while also carrying a premium and youthful design and a strong on-road presence.
Karim Habib, Senior VP & Head of Kia Design Center, Kia Motors Corporation, stated,
"With the new KIA Sonet, we had the ambition to give this compact SUV a strong and muscular character found only in much larger vehicles. With this in mind, we have designed what we believe is a great SUV with a uniquely sporty attitude, a confident stance and a dynamic silhouette."
"We also gave the new KIA Sonet uncompromising attention to detail and a selection of colours and materials that could have only been inspired by the great cultural heritage that our designers found all over India."
He further added, "As a whole, we believe the new KIA Sonet will be a fantastic SUV with a very compelling and attaching character to our young and young at heart, always-connected customers in India and beyond."
Kia Motors also recently released the first TVC (TV Commercial) video for the Sonet. The video does give us a glimpse of the LED taillights on the Sonet, along with the LED Lightbar running across the width of the boot — watch the video here.
The Sonet SUV will be offered in a range of three engine options, all of which will be borrowed from its cousin, the Hyundai Venue. This includes the 1.2-litre petrol, 1.0-litre T-GDI turbo-petrol and the 1.5-litre diesel. Transmission options will also be the same as the Venue as well — here are all the details, ahead of its world premiere.
Thoughts On The Kia Sonet Production-Ready Official Rendering
The Kia Sonet is currently one of the most-awaited SUVs set to enter the Indian market. The Sonet is expected to carry forward the success of its elder sibling, the Seltos and will be priced competitively as well.
We expect Kia Motors to price the SUV in the range of Rs 8 lakh to Rs 12 lakh (ex-showroom), however, official pricing will be available only at the time of launch.