- 5 hrs ago Harley Davidson Street 750 & Street Rod Discontinued In India: Removed From Website
- 7 hrs ago BharatBenz ‘BSafe Express’ Reefer Truck Unveiled: Made-In-India COVID-19 Vaccine Transport Truck
- 7 hrs ago Suzuki Access 125 Prices Increased Across All Variants: Here Is The New Price List!
- 9 hrs ago Earth Energy EV Upcoming Vehicles Teased Ahead Of Launch This Month: Here Are All Details
- Movies As KBC 12 Concludes With Its Grand Finale, Can You Answer These Winning Rs 1 Crore Questions Of The Season?
- Education MH SET Answer Key 2020 Released At setexam.unipune.ac.in
- News No COVID-19 vaccine request from Pakistan: India
- Sports 'Devastated' Murray out of Australian Open following positive COVID-19 test
- Finance Reliance Industries Reports 12.5% Jump In Q3 Profit
- Lifestyle Healthy Bitter Foods That May Help Lower Blood Glucose In Diabetics
- Technology You Broadband Launches New Bundled Plans For Its Customers
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
Kia Motors India has officially released the first official teaser rendering of the production-ready Sonet Compact-SUV. The Kia Sonet teaser image gives us a glimpse of the front design of the production-spec SUV, which is scheduled to have its world premiere on the 7th of August 2020.
The Kia Sonet will be positioned below the brand's extremely popular Seltos in the compact-SUV segment. The new sub-4-metre SUV is expected to launch sometime soon after its world premiere and will rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Hyundai Venue, Ford EcoSport, Mahindra XUV300 and the Tata Nexon.
The Sonet once launched will be the South Korean carmaker's third model in India, following the Seltos and the Carnival MPV. The compact-SUV will be the brand's second ‘made-in-India' model and will be manufactured alongside the Seltos at the company's facility in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh.
Talking about the design, the rendering of the Kia Sonet can be seen featuring the brand's signature ‘tiger nose' grille. The grille is flanked on either side by sleek LED headlamps with LED DRLs; among others. Kia Motors stated that the Sonet will come with an aggressive stance, rugged appeal, while also carrying a premium and youthful design and a strong on-road presence.
Karim Habib, Senior VP & Head of Kia Design Center, Kia Motors Corporation, stated,
"With the new KIA Sonet, we had the ambition to give this compact SUV a strong and muscular character found only in much larger vehicles. With this in mind, we have designed what we believe is a great SUV with a uniquely sporty attitude, a confident stance and a dynamic silhouette."
"We also gave the new KIA Sonet uncompromising attention to detail and a selection of colours and materials that could have only been inspired by the great cultural heritage that our designers found all over India."
He further added, "As a whole, we believe the new KIA Sonet will be a fantastic SUV with a very compelling and attaching character to our young and young at heart, always-connected customers in India and beyond."
Kia Motors also recently released the first TVC (TV Commercial) video for the Sonet. The video does give us a glimpse of the LED taillights on the Sonet, along with the LED Lightbar running across the width of the boot — watch the video here.
The Sonet SUV will be offered in a range of three engine options, all of which will be borrowed from its cousin, the Hyundai Venue. This includes the 1.2-litre petrol, 1.0-litre T-GDI turbo-petrol and the 1.5-litre diesel. Transmission options will also be the same as the Venue as well — here are all the details, ahead of its world premiere.
Thoughts On The Kia Sonet Production-Ready Official Rendering
The Kia Sonet is currently one of the most-awaited SUVs set to enter the Indian market. The Sonet is expected to carry forward the success of its elder sibling, the Seltos and will be priced competitively as well.
We expect Kia Motors to price the SUV in the range of Rs 8 lakh to Rs 12 lakh (ex-showroom), however, official pricing will be available only at the time of launch.