- 5 hrs ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- 5 hrs ago Royal Enfield Partners With CEAT For Interceptor 650 Tyres: Here Are All Details
- 5 hrs ago Bangalore Dealer Delivers 100 Nissan Magnite In A Single Day: Read More To Find Out
- 6 hrs ago 2021 Tata Safari Interior Details Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Here’s What To Expect!
- Sports Bangladesh vs West Indies: Shakib Al Hasan set to return to International cricket
- News Odisha, Maharashtra halt Covid-19 vaccination drive for a day
- Movies MTV Roadies Revolution: Delhi Boy Hamid Barkzi From Nikhil’s Team Wins The 17th Edition Of The Show
- Finance Amid COVID-19 Domestic Air Traffic Fell To A 7-Year Low In 2020
- Technology BSNL Offering OTT Benefits With Add-On Packs
- Lifestyle Congratulatory Messages, Wishes & Quotes To Share On The Birth Of A Baby
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
The South Korean automaker has announced its third product the Sonet will be globally premiered on August 7, 2020. Ahead of launch the company has released a new teaser, which reveals a production-ready model.
The teaser video also reveals some of the design elements of the Sonet. This includes the rear profile of the vehicle that features LED light bar running across the length of the booth-lid that combines the split LED tail lamps on either side.
View this post on Instagram
He's got the guts. She's got the looks. Beyond that, they've got something that's wilder than your imagination. Taking you along on a wild adventure in their all new Kia Sonet. Catch the World Premiere of raw, muscular, and #WildByDesign #KiaSonet on 07th Aug 2020. Register your interest by hitting the link in our bio and be updated. #SonetIsComing #SonetWorldPremier #ComingSoon
A post shared by Kia Motors India (@kiamotorsin) on
Some of the other features revealed in the video include an antenna, roof rails, an integrated roof spoiler, a rear windshield wiper assembly, and the KIA badging placed at the centre of the boot lid below the light bar.
Adding to the list of things revealed from the teaser video is the SUV's tagline. Kia Motors is calling it ‘Wild By Design'. In comparison to the brand's first model, the Seltos was given the tagline ‘Badass By Design'.
The Kia Sonet will be the brand's latest offering to the Indian market. The South Korean automaker has enjoyed the success of the Seltos and the Carnival MPV, which has brought in good numbers for the brand. The Sonet is expected to hit the showrooms during this year's festive season.
Speaking about the SUV's front design, It will feature Kia's signature tiger-nose grille giving it a bold and aggressive stance. In addition to this, it is also expected to feature LED projector headlamps with LED DRLs, and faux skid plates at both ends; among others. It is also expected to feature dual-tone alloy wheels and chunky body cladding around the car adding to the SUV looks.
On the inside, the Sonet includes the best-in-class 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brand's latest iteration of UVO connected features.
It will also feature rear aircon vents, multiple drive modes, a premium Bose sound system, a sunroof, a multifunction steering wheel, a blind spot monitoring system, and other standard safety features such as multiple airbags, ABS and more.
Kia Motors is expected to offer the Sonet with a host of powertrain options that are currently powering the Hyundai Venue. This includes a 1.2-litre petrol engine, a 1.5 diesel oil burner, and a 1.0 turbo-petrol motor.
With a wide variety of engines, the company is also offering the SUV with various transmissions. All three engines are expected to be offered with manual and automatic options.
The 1.2-litre petrol will come mated to a five-speed manual or an iVT automatic. The 1.5-litre diesel will come mated to a six-speed manual with an optional torque converter. While the top-spec 1.0-litre turbo engine will be offered with either an iMT or a seven-speed DCT.
Thoughts About The Kia Sonet Teased Ahead Of Global Unveil On August 7
The Kia Sonet is getting ready to enter the Indian market and take on its much-established rivals such as the Hyundai Venue, the Tata Nexon, the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the Mahindra XUV300, and the Ford EcoSport. However, it will soon be joined by a couple of compact-SUVs from Renault and Nissan, respectively.