- 47 min ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Finance Scheme Announced In India: Low EMI Offer
- 15 hrs ago Okinawa Oki100 Electric Motorcycle Details Revealed: To Be Launched During Festive Season This Year
- 15 hrs ago Harley-Davidson Exit India: American Brand Shuts Down Operations As Part Of New Global Strategy
- 16 hrs ago Land Rover Defender India Launch Timeline Revealed: Here Are All Details
- Movies Irrfan Khan's Son Babil On Coping With His Dad's Death: I Hate Realizing Everyday That You're Gone
- News Bihar Assembly Election 2020: List of rules one should follow amid COVID-19
- Finance Why Gold Finance Company Stocks Are In A Sweet Spot?
- Sports Dean Jones death: Brett Lee tried to revive former Australia batsman with CPR
- Education MPSOS Result 2020 Declared For Class 10 And Class 12 Ruk Jana Nahi August Exams
- Lifestyle Khaali Peeli: Ananya Panday Flaunts Her Western As Well As Desi Looks In The Trailer
- Technology Amazon Shutterbug Deals On Camera Devices: Discount Offers On Cameras
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In October To Welcome The Beginning Of Winter
The Kia Sonet is expected to launch soon in the Indian market. Kia Motors has already started accepting pre-bookings for the compact-SUV for a token amount of Rs 25,000. Ahead of the launch, the Sonet has started to arrive at dealerships across the country.
Latest images from TeamBHP reveals a GT-Line spec of the Sonet SUV spotted at a dealer yard. It also features the most powerful engine and transmission combination offered in the SUV's line-up, which is the 1.0-litre T-GDI engine along with seven-speed DCT transmission.
The Kia Sonet has registered 6,523 units on the first day of its pre-launch bookings getting commenced in the country. It has already achieved a new milestone for the brand even before its launch in the market.
The Sonet will be the brand's third product in the country and will be made in India for other international markets as well. The Kia Sonet brochure has been leaked ahead of its launch in the Indian market — here are more details.
According to the latest report, the company will be offering the Sonet with two petrol and two diesel engine options. The petrol engines vary in displacement, with the 1.2-litre naturally aspirated unit and 1.0-litre turbo-charged petrol unit.
The 1.2-litre unit produces 84bhp and 115Nm of torque and comes mated to a standard five-speed manual. While the top-spec 1.0-litre unit produces 119bhp and 172Nm of peak torque. The engine comes mated to either a seven-speed DCT or a six-speed (iMT) intelligent Manual Transmission, as seen on the Hyundai Venue.
However, the diesel unit's will remain identical in terms of cubic capacity but will feature different turbo technology for varying power output. The 1.5-litre diesel engines will feature a (WGT) Waste-Gate Turbo and a (VGT) Variable Geometry Turbo. The 1.5-litre WGT produces 99bhp and 240Nm of torque, while the superior VGT engine produces 114bhp and a peak torque of 250Nm.
The diesel with WGT engine will be offered with a standard six-speed manual transmission, while the top-spec VGT equipped unit will come mated to a six-speed torque converter automatic.
The Sonet's dimensions read as 3995mm in length, 1790mm in width, 1647mm in height and feature a wheelbase of 2500mm. It sits 211mm above the ground, giving it good ground clearance along with 392 litres of boot space.
The company has packed the Sonet with many segment-first features including a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system, world's first virus protection smart air purifier, Bose premium audio system, and front parking sensors; among others.
Thoughts About The Kia Sonet Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of India Launch
With the Sonet arriving at dealerships ahead of launch, Kia Motors could start delivering the compact-SUV to customers right after its launch in the market. The Sonet has been registered record pre-launch booking numbers already.
Once launched, the Kia Sonet will rival the Tata Nexon, the Hyundai Venue, the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the Mahindra XUV300 and the upcoming Toyota Urban Cruiser in the Indian market.