- 14 hrs ago Tata Altroz i-Turbo TVC Released Ahead Of Its Launch This Month: Will Rival Hyundai i20 Turbo
- 15 hrs ago All-New Tata Safari Spotted Undisguised Ahead Of Launch: Here Are The Details
- 15 hrs ago Bosch Opens India’s Largest Multi-Brand Car Service Facility In Haryana: Here Are All Details
- 16 hrs ago GoFuel To Deliver High-Speed Diesel At Your Doorstep: Read More To Find Out!
- News Man arrested for extorting money by posing as cop in Delhi
- Sports India v England: Selectors to name Test squad on Tuesday; Kohli, Ishant to back, all eyes on Bumrah, Ashwin
- Lifestyle Shilpa Shetty, Pooja Hegde, Nushrat Bharucha Or Elli AvrRam, Whose Mini Dress Is The Best?
- Finance Mindtree Up 6% After Reporting 66% Jump In Q3 Net Profit
- Movies Khushi Kapoor's Bollywood Debut: Boney Kapoor Says 'You Will Hear An Announcement Soon'
- Education KPSC FDA Hall Ticket 2021 Released, Check Direct Link At kpsc.kar.nic.in
- Technology Amazon Quiz Contest Answers For January 19: Win Bosch Mixer Grinder
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
The Kia Sonet is expected to launch soon in the Indian market. Kia Motors has already started accepting pre-bookings for the compact-SUV for a token amount of Rs 25,000. Ahead of the launch, the Sonet has started to arrive at dealerships across the country.
Latest images from TeamBHP reveals a GT-Line spec of the Sonet SUV spotted at a dealer yard. It also features the most powerful engine and transmission combination offered in the SUV's line-up, which is the 1.0-litre T-GDI engine along with seven-speed DCT transmission.
The Kia Sonet has registered 6,523 units on the first day of its pre-launch bookings getting commenced in the country. It has already achieved a new milestone for the brand even before its launch in the market.
The Sonet will be the brand's third product in the country and will be made in India for other international markets as well. The Kia Sonet brochure has been leaked ahead of its launch in the Indian market — here are more details.
According to the latest report, the company will be offering the Sonet with two petrol and two diesel engine options. The petrol engines vary in displacement, with the 1.2-litre naturally aspirated unit and 1.0-litre turbo-charged petrol unit.
The 1.2-litre unit produces 84bhp and 115Nm of torque and comes mated to a standard five-speed manual. While the top-spec 1.0-litre unit produces 119bhp and 172Nm of peak torque. The engine comes mated to either a seven-speed DCT or a six-speed (iMT) intelligent Manual Transmission, as seen on the Hyundai Venue.
However, the diesel unit's will remain identical in terms of cubic capacity but will feature different turbo technology for varying power output. The 1.5-litre diesel engines will feature a (WGT) Waste-Gate Turbo and a (VGT) Variable Geometry Turbo. The 1.5-litre WGT produces 99bhp and 240Nm of torque, while the superior VGT engine produces 114bhp and a peak torque of 250Nm.
The diesel with WGT engine will be offered with a standard six-speed manual transmission, while the top-spec VGT equipped unit will come mated to a six-speed torque converter automatic.
The Sonet's dimensions read as 3995mm in length, 1790mm in width, 1647mm in height and feature a wheelbase of 2500mm. It sits 211mm above the ground, giving it good ground clearance along with 392 litres of boot space.
The company has packed the Sonet with many segment-first features including a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system, world's first virus protection smart air purifier, Bose premium audio system, and front parking sensors; among others.
Thoughts About The Kia Sonet Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of India Launch
With the Sonet arriving at dealerships ahead of launch, Kia Motors could start delivering the compact-SUV to customers right after its launch in the market. The Sonet has been registered record pre-launch booking numbers already.
Once launched, the Kia Sonet will rival the Tata Nexon, the Hyundai Venue, the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the Mahindra XUV300 and the upcoming Toyota Urban Cruiser in the Indian market.