- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 4 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 5 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- 6 hrs ago Skoda Karoq Restock Expected Soon In India: Could Be Locally Assembled
- News Police grant permission to farmer unions to conduct Tractor Parade on Republic Day
- Finance Pre-Budget 2021 Survey Reveals India Inc Is Optimistic
- Movies Larry King Of Larry King Live Fame Passes Away At The Age Of 87
- Sports SAI takes steps to ensure no drop in intensity of athletes returning to training
- Lifestyle Herbal Remedies To Get Rid Of Hot Flashes
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Technology Realme X7 Series RAM, Storage, And Color Options Leaked; Launch Expected For February 4
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
Kia Motors India globally unveiled it's brand new SUV, the Sonet in India earlier this month. The new Kia Sonet is the brand's first sub-4-metre compact-SUV offering in India. The Sonet is also said to be the company's second 'Made-in-India' product, following the Seltos. A few days back, the variants, dimensions, engine and transmission options of the Sonet were leaked ahead of its launch.
However, according to the latest report by Rushlane, the brochure of Kia Sonet has been leaked. The Kia Sonet has been a much-awaited product in the Indian market, ever since its concept was unveiled at the 2020 Auto Expo.
The Kia Sonet will be feature loaded starting from the base variant. It gets the segment's largest 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, ventilated front seats, an air purifier along with a display that will keep the cabin clean from the regular dust and will also kill the harmful bacteria and viruses. It also gets the UVO connected car technology providing a range of 57 features for convenience, an electric sunroof and wireless mobile charging.
The Kia Sonet will also be offered in two variants: Tech Line and GT Line. The GT Line is offered with three drive modes - Normal, Eco and Sport. It also gets a tyre pressure monitoring system and front parking sensors. There are many more features available with the Sonet and the top-spec variant also gets a full LED headlight unit with DRLs and LED tail lights as well.
Mechanically, according to the leaked brochure, the Kia Sonet gets four engine options: 2 petrol and 2 diesel. The petrol engine options are a 1.2-liter, 4 cylinder engine that pumps out 82bhp of power and 115Nm of peak torque and the next is the 1.0-liter, three-cylinder, turbo-petrol engine producing 118bhp of power and 172Nm of torque. The NA engine will get a five-speed MT while the turbo petrol will be offered with a 6 iMT as well as 7 DCT (no MT).
On the other hand, the 1.5-liter, 4 cylinder diesel engine will be available in two states of tune. One will produce 99bhp of power and 240Nm of peak torque and the second one will churn out 114bhp of power and 250Nm of peak torque. Transmission option for the former engine will be a six-speed MT while for the latter it is a six-speed AT.
Thoughts About The All-New Kia Sonet
Kia Motors will be offering the Sonet with multiple engine transmission and colour options when launched in the Indian market. Once launched, the Sonet will go up against the likes of the Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Ford EcoSport, Tata Nexon, Mahindra XUV300 in the India market.