- 12 hrs ago BMW M340i xDrive Review (First Drive): The First Locally Assembled 'M' Car
- 14 hrs ago Renault Kiger Compact-SUV Sales Figures For February 2021: Outsells Nissan Magnite & Ford EcoSport
- 16 hrs ago Isuzu D-Max Regular Cab & S-Cab Prices To Be Hiked From 1 April: Here Is The New Price List!
- 19 hrs ago Dual Front Airbags Mandatory On All Cars From 1 April: Here Are The Details!
- Technology Best Water Proof Portable Bluetooth Speakers To Buy In India
- News Assam Polls: Congress announces candidates for 40 seats
- Education SSC MTS Result 2021: SSC Declares MTS Final Result And Merit List
- Sports Ex-Ranji cricketer who cheated firms posing as minister’s secretary held in Telangana
- Movies Splitsvilla 13 Grand Premiere Episode Highlights: Sunny Leone And Rannvijay Singha Introduce The Contestants
- Lifestyle Maha Shivratri 2021: Some Mythological Stories Of Lord Shiva That You Need To Know
- Finance NPS vs Other Tax Saving Investments: Where A Tax Saver Should Invest?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
Kia's brilliant performance with sales seems to have to come to halt. The company registered only 4,645 units sold for the month of December 2019, making it the lowest figure in terms of sales for the Kia Seltos since its launch.
The Seltos SUV was lunched in August 2019 and the SUV posted impressive results over the next few months. The company posted 6,200 units sold through August, and over 14,000 units in November 2019.
The 4,645 units sold during the December of last year translates to a 66 per cent in reduction of sales. While other manufacturers have also witnessed dwindling sales, the magnitude of decline that Kia has seen is paramount.
The company is hoping that this is a minor setback for the Kia Seltos in the Indian markets. They also hope that sales increase and that the Seltos becomes the best-selling SUV for this year as well. The Seltos was the best-selling SUV for October and November 2019, but may not be for the month of December.
The company is doing well on the export front and registered 3,800 units exported during November 2019. While there is no information about export figures for December, the Seltos is among the top five cars exported from the country.
Kia Motors has an agreement with the Chennai Port Trust for exports, and an agreement with Glovis India Anantpur Private Limited for logistics. The company uses the only the Chennai Port for all its exports from India. The CPT also gives KIA custom facilities at the port in additions to certain concessions.
The Seltos is possibly the most-loaded-with-features SUV that is currently available in the Indian markets. The vehicle features a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system, an eight-inch HUD, wireless charging, ventilated seats, and an eight-way electronically adjustable drivers seat, among many others.
The Seltos SUV is also heavy on the safety side of things and features side and curtain airbags, hill hold assist, vehicle stability management system, a blind view monitor, and a tyre pressure monitor, among a host of others.
In fact, safety is so good on the Kia Seltos that it has been awarded a five star safety rating by ANCAP Australasia. All variants of the Seltos met five-star thresholds in all key areas of assessment. To read more, click here.
The Kia Seltos is available with three petrol and three diesel model options. All engines are BS6 compliant. The Seltos features a 1.5-litre petrol engine that produces 113bhp of power and 144Nm of torque.
Transmission options include a six-speed manual, an IVT automatic, a six-speed automatic, and a seven-speed DCT automatic. The Seltos is currently priced between Rs 9.69 lakh and Rs 16.99 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
Thoughts About The December Sales Figures For The Kia Seltos
There is no real reason the Seltos has seen a decline in sales for the month of December 2019. December is usually a busy and expensive month considering the festivities and New Year's Eve. We expect sales for the Seltos to increase this month onward.