- 6 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 7 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 8 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 9 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Technology Vivo S1 Pro Gets Rs. 1,000 Price Cut In India; Checkout New Price Here
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
The Kia Seltos SUV has been just been awarded a five star safety rating by ANCAP SAFETY, Australasia's (Australia and New Zealand) independent vehicle safety authority. The Kia Seltos was launched in Australia and New Zealand during October this year.
Kia Motors is delighted that all variants of the Seltos SUV have been awarded five stars for safety. All variants of the Korean SUV have met five-star thresholds in all four key areas of assessment.
According to ANCAP SAFETY, the S Plus, the Sport Plus, the LX Plus, the S, the Sport, and the LX variants of the Seltos were fitted with Kia's optional Safety Pack. The pack includes a radar-fusion system which is capable of detecting and either avoiding or mitigating collisions with other vehicles, pedestrians and cyclists.
This more advanced system also allows for crash avoidance at low and higher speeds, up to 80 kilometers per hour. Higher spec models also feature an advanced collision avoidance system. Dual frontal, side chest-protecting and side head-protecting airbags are offered as standard.
The S, Sport and LX that were tested featured a camera-only collision avoidance system. While they perform at five-star standards, the camera-only system is not designed to detect cyclists, and offer reduced (AEB) Autonomous Emergency Braking support at higher speeds. Functionality is limited to a top speed of 55 kilometers per hour.
Mr James Goodwin, the Chief Executive Officer at the ANCAP said, "We've seen some impressive results this year and consumers should be encouraged by the high standards the majority of vehicle brands continue to achieve."
The ANCAP said that the Seltos models performed really well but it is important that buyers know that there are safety performance differences with the entry-level Seltos models.
The Body added that base models of the Kia Seltos miss out on advanced features that come along with the radar-fusion AEB models. The ANCAP advises customers to buy variants that offer enhanced collision avoidance capabilities as these features translate to real differences on the road.
Thoughts About The Kia Seltos Awarded Five Stars For Safety By The ANCAP
Well we guess that's just icing on the cake. Kia have given us an absolute beauty of an SUV, have loaded it with technology and creature comforts, and have priced it right.
In addition to becoming the country's best selling SUV in its segment, we now know the Seltos features world class safety for its passengers. Kudos to the Koreans for the rating!