- 10 hrs ago Triumph Tiger 900 Pre-Bookings Open Officially: India Launch Expected In Coming Weeks
- 10 hrs ago Kia Soul Petrol & EV Models Being Evaluated For The Indian Market
- 12 hrs ago Hyundai Tucson Facelift India Launch Timeline Revealed: Will Rival Upcoming Skoda Karoq
- 15 hrs ago COVID-19 Lockdown: Government Extends Vehicle Document Validity Period Till 31st Of July
- Movies Salman Khan’s Bodyguard Shera Celebrates Eid With Him: My Eid Isn’t Complete Without My Maalik
- News Karnataka govt allows exemptions for ministers, airlines crew from quarantine norms
- Sports Bayern coach Flick bemoans lack of fans at 'special' Dortmund clash
- Technology Realme Power Bank 2 With Two-Way Fast Charging Launched For Rs. 999
- Lifestyle How Does Chronic Pain Affect The Immune System?
- Finance HDFC Net Profits Fall, Declares Rs 21 Per Share Dividend
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Kia Motors launched the Carnival MPV in the Indian market at the Auto Expo 2020, held between the 7th to 12th of February 2020. The Kia Carnival was introduced in the Indian market at the Expo and is offered with a price tag of Rs 24.95 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
Now, the company has announced that the Carnival MPV has registered sales of 1620 units in the month of February 2020. This is a relatively impressive sales number for the Carnival MPV, which is positioned as a premium offering in the segment. The sales number of the Kia Carnival MPV is already higher than that of the Mahindra Marazzo, which registered a lower 1236 units of sales.
The Kia Carnival is a premium offering from the brand in the MPV segment and offers a host of features and equipment, along with a premium and luxurious cabin across all three rows of seats. The Carnival is almost 5 metres in length, making it more than 100mm longer than its closest rival, the Toyota Innova Crysta.
The Kia Carnival is also the second product from the brand in the country, after the Seltos, which continues to perform exceedingly well in the market. The Kia Seltos is currently the best-selling SUV in the country with over 14,000 units of sales in the previous month — here is the top-10 best-selling car list for February 2020.
Kia is currently working on its next product for the Indian market, the Sonet. The Kia Sonet was showcased in its concept form alongside the Carnival at the Auto Expo 2020. Kia is currently testing the SUV in the Indian market, with the production-spec model caught testing multiple times.
The Kia Sonet will be based on the Hyundai Venue, positioned in the compact-SUV segment. It will rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Ford EcoSport and the Mahindra XUV300 once launched in the Indian market.
Coming back to the Kia Carnival, the premium MPV is offered with a 2.2-litre diesel engine compliant with the latest BS6 emission norms. It produces 197bhp and 44Nm of peak torque and comes mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission unit.
Thoughts On The Kia Carnival MPV Sales In India
The Kia Carnival has performed relatively well in the Indian market for its first month. The MPV has already managed to overtake the sales of the Mahindra Marazzo, with Kia aiming to keep the sales numbers consistent in the coming months as well.