- 38 min ago TVS Apache RTR 200 Single-Channel ABS Variant Launched With Ride Modes: Prices Start At Rs 1.28 Lakh
- 55 min ago Omega Seiki Mobility Inaugurates Its First Dealership In Delhi: Here Are All Details
- 2 hrs ago TVS Eurogrip Launches 11 New Tyres In India Catering To Two & Three Wheelers Segment
- 17 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Sales Cross 6 Lakh Units Mark In 5 Years: Here Are All Details
- Technology List Of Most Rated Premium Smartphones In Flipkart 2021
- Movies Gauahar Khan Pens Heartfelt Note Post Her Father Zafar Ahmed Khan’s Demise; Calls Him Her ‘Hero’
- Finance PNB Housing Finance Inks Agreement With Yes Bank For Co-Lending
- Education Explore List Of Indian Universities In QS World University Ranking By Subject 2021
- News RailTel launches prepaid plans for Wi-Fi at more than 4000 railway stations in India
- Sports IPL 2021: Delhi Capitals announce JSW as the principal sponsor for upcoming season
- Lifestyle Janhvi Kapoor Raises Temperature In Delhi As She Steps Out In A Light Yellow Saree For Panghat Song Launch
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In March
Kia Motors launched the Carnival MPV in the Indian market at the Auto Expo 2020, held between the 7th to 12th of February 2020. The Kia Carnival was introduced in the Indian market at the Expo and is offered with a price tag of Rs 24.95 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
Now, the company has announced that the Carnival MPV has registered sales of 1620 units in the month of February 2020. This is a relatively impressive sales number for the Carnival MPV, which is positioned as a premium offering in the segment. The sales number of the Kia Carnival MPV is already higher than that of the Mahindra Marazzo, which registered a lower 1236 units of sales.
The Kia Carnival is a premium offering from the brand in the MPV segment and offers a host of features and equipment, along with a premium and luxurious cabin across all three rows of seats. The Carnival is almost 5 metres in length, making it more than 100mm longer than its closest rival, the Toyota Innova Crysta.
The Kia Carnival is also the second product from the brand in the country, after the Seltos, which continues to perform exceedingly well in the market. The Kia Seltos is currently the best-selling SUV in the country with over 14,000 units of sales in the previous month — here is the top-10 best-selling car list for February 2020.
Kia is currently working on its next product for the Indian market, the Sonet. The Kia Sonet was showcased in its concept form alongside the Carnival at the Auto Expo 2020. Kia is currently testing the SUV in the Indian market, with the production-spec model caught testing multiple times.
The Kia Sonet will be based on the Hyundai Venue, positioned in the compact-SUV segment. It will rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Ford EcoSport and the Mahindra XUV300 once launched in the Indian market.
Coming back to the Kia Carnival, the premium MPV is offered with a 2.2-litre diesel engine compliant with the latest BS6 emission norms. It produces 197bhp and 44Nm of peak torque and comes mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission unit.
Thoughts On The Kia Carnival MPV Sales In India
The Kia Carnival has performed relatively well in the Indian market for its first month. The MPV has already managed to overtake the sales of the Mahindra Marazzo, with Kia aiming to keep the sales numbers consistent in the coming months as well.