- 6 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 7 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 7 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 8 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Technology Vivo S1 Pro Gets Rs. 1,000 Price Cut In India; Checkout New Price Here
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
The list of the top-10 best-selling cars in the Indian market for the month of February 2020 has been released. The 2020 car sales report shows the Maruti Swift as the best-selling model in the Indian market, with 18,696 units sold in the previous month. This is followed by the Maruti WagonR and the Alto.
The Maruti Suzuki Swift is a popular hatchback offering from the brand in the Indian market. The Swift registered sales of 18,696 units in February 2020; a growth of 3% compared to the same month last year when it sold 18,224 units in the market.
The Maruti Swift is followed by the WagonR tallboy hatchback. The Maruti WagonR received a major facelift in the Indian market last year. Since then, sales of the new hatchback have improved, with February 2020 being no different.
Compared to the same month last year (February 2019), the new Maruti WagonR sales grew by around 16%, registering 18,235 units in the previous month from 15,661 units in February 2019.
Third on the list is the Maruti Suzuki Alto, the country's most loved entry-level hatchback. Maruti recently updated the Alto to make it compliant with the new BS6 emission norms, along with a number of other updates as well.
However, comparative sales between February 2019 and 2020 show that sales of the entry-level hatchback have reduced over the year. The hatchback which registered 24,751 units of sales last year; recorded a decline of 28% to 17,921 units of sales in February 2020.
Fourth on the list is yet another Maruti Suzuki product, the Baleno premium hatchback. The Maruti Suzuki Baleno is currently the best-selling premium hatchback offering in the Indian market, registering an impressive 16,585 units of sales in February 2020. However, this is still a marginal decline of 8% from 17,944 units sold last year.
Breaking the Maruti Suzuki domination in the top-10 list is the Kia Seltos, which occupies the fifth position. The Seltos is the best-selling SUV in the country, with over 14,000 units of registered sales in the Indian market. The Kia Seltos has had an overwhelming response in the country, overtaking its rivals since its launch.
|Rank||Model||No. Of Units Sold|
|2||Maruti Wagon R||18,235|
|8||Hyundai Grand i10||10,407|
Following the Kia Seltos is the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga and the Eeco in sixth and seventh place, respectively. While the Ertiga registered 11782 units, the Eeco clocked 11,227 units of sales in the previous month. Both MPV offerings from the brand registered a similar growth of up to 48% compared to its sales in February 2019.
Moving further down the table, we find the Hyundai i10 Grand and the Venue positioned in eighth and ninth position. Sales of the Hyundai i10 Grand (standard and NIOS) grew by 15% annually registering 10,407 units of sales in February 2020, while the Venue recorded similar 10,321 units of sales as well.
Finishing off the top-10 list is the Maruti S-Presso hatchback. The SUV-style entry-level hatchback from Maruti Suzuki registered 9578 units in February 2020. The S-Presso was launched in India in late-2019 and has managed to bring in consistent sales from the first month for Maruti Suzuki.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling Cars In India For February 2020
The top-selling cars list in the Indian market remains pretty much similar month-on-month. Maruti Suzuki continues to dominate the market with a number of products spread across every segment. Maruti Suzuki even introduced the new Vitara Brezza recently which could see it back in the top-10 very soon.