- 20 min ago Tata Motors Dealerships Introduce Car Safety Bubble: Ensures Sanitised Cars At The Time Of Delivery
- 1 hr ago Honda Hornet 2.0 Review (First Ride): Best Handling Motorcycle In The Segment?
- 1 day ago Top Bike News Of The Week: All The Two-Wheeler Highlights From The Week Passed By!
- 1 day ago KTM 250 Adventure Vs 390 Adventure: Which Of The Siblings Should You Consider?
- Movies Mahesh Babu Completes 41 Years In Tollywood; Devi Sri Prasad, Kona Venkat, & Others Congratulate The Superstar
- Technology Honor MagicBook 15 Next Sale Date: Everything You Need To Know
- News To curb black-marketing of tickets, ASI caps online ticket booking to Taj Mahal
- Sports Greg Barclay speaks: 'India is a massively important part of ICC, world cricket'
- Finance What Is The difference Between Equity Mutual Funds And Shares?
- Lifestyle Lady Gaga’s Exotic Make-Up Look Marked By Three Eye Shadow Colours Is Striking!
- Education MHT CET Topper 2020: Explore Topper Of MHT CET 2020 PCB And PCM
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In December
Fiat Chrysler India is said to have recalled the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited SUV in the country. The recall of the Jeep Wrangler is said to be because of a potential safety hazard, resulting in a no-start and/or stall condition.
According to reports from Financial Express, 53 units of the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited model are said to have been affected. These are among those manufactured between March 2019 and January 2020. However, reports do suggest that the issue is only for those models powered by the 2.0-litre petrol unit.
Jeep is already said to have started contacting customers individually, starting from the 5th of June. Company service centres across India will repair the issue in a phase-wise manner. Customers are expected to take prior appointments before visiting the service centres, considering the current condition due to the pandemic.
Reports suggest that the recall exercise will be completed soon as the number of affected models is less. Also, Jeep also mentioned that the replacement and repair of the parts can be completed within an hour.
Jeep has discontinued the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited model in the Indian market, with the all-new Wrangler Rubicon. The new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon comes powered by the same 2.0-litre petrol engine, which powered the old Wrangler Unlimited. However, the engine on the Rubicon model has been updated to comply with the latest BS6 emission norms.
The new engine comes in the form of a 2.0-litre petrol unit producing 268bhp at 5,250rpm and 400Nm of peak torque at 5000rpm. The engine is mated to a standard eight-speed automatic transmission, sending power to a full-time 4WD system as standard.
The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon is the range-topping variant in the iconic off-roader's range. The Rubicon was introduced in India pre-lockdown, with the first model being delivered to a customer in Bangalore, last week — here are the details.
Thoughts On The Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Recall In India
The Jeep Wrangler Unlimited was on sale in the Indian market between 2016 and 2019. The Wrangler is an iconic off-roader from the American brand and rivals the likes of the Land Rover Models.