- 11 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- 13 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass Facelift Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 13 hrs ago Made-in-India Renault Kwid Scores 2 Stars Global NCAP Safety Rating In Africa
- 16 hrs ago All-New Suzuki Burgman Street Electric Scooter Spied Testing Yet Again: Spy Pics & Details
- Technology Week 49, 2020 Launch Roundup: Moto G 5G, Tecno POVA, Vivo V20 Pro, Infinix Zero 8i And More
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar December 5 Highlights: Nikki Tamboli Gets Eliminated From The House In Mid-Season Finale
- News Opposition parties extend support to Bharat Bandh by farmer unions; Protests in several states
- Sports Marc Marquez facing further treatment after infection in fracture
- Education DU 7th Cut-off 2020 Released, Check Stream-wise Cut-off At du.ac.in
- Lifestyle Congratulatory Messages, Wishes & Quotes To Share On The Birth Of A Baby Boy
- Finance Income Tax Benefits To Very Senior Citizens: Know Them
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In December
Fiat Chrysler India is said to have recalled the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited SUV in the country. The recall of the Jeep Wrangler is said to be because of a potential safety hazard, resulting in a no-start and/or stall condition.
According to reports from Financial Express, 53 units of the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited model are said to have been affected. These are among those manufactured between March 2019 and January 2020. However, reports do suggest that the issue is only for those models powered by the 2.0-litre petrol unit.
Jeep is already said to have started contacting customers individually, starting from the 5th of June. Company service centres across India will repair the issue in a phase-wise manner. Customers are expected to take prior appointments before visiting the service centres, considering the current condition due to the pandemic.
Reports suggest that the recall exercise will be completed soon as the number of affected models is less. Also, Jeep also mentioned that the replacement and repair of the parts can be completed within an hour.
Jeep has discontinued the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited model in the Indian market, with the all-new Wrangler Rubicon. The new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon comes powered by the same 2.0-litre petrol engine, which powered the old Wrangler Unlimited. However, the engine on the Rubicon model has been updated to comply with the latest BS6 emission norms.
The new engine comes in the form of a 2.0-litre petrol unit producing 268bhp at 5,250rpm and 400Nm of peak torque at 5000rpm. The engine is mated to a standard eight-speed automatic transmission, sending power to a full-time 4WD system as standard.
The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon is the range-topping variant in the iconic off-roader's range. The Rubicon was introduced in India pre-lockdown, with the first model being delivered to a customer in Bangalore, last week — here are the details.
Thoughts On The Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Recall In India
The Jeep Wrangler Unlimited was on sale in the Indian market between 2016 and 2019. The Wrangler is an iconic off-roader from the American brand and rivals the likes of the Land Rover Models.