- 3 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 4 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 5 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 9 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- News Sanjay Jha suspended from Congress for 'anti-party activities
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Fiat Chrysler India is said to have recalled the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited SUV in the country. The recall of the Jeep Wrangler is said to be because of a potential safety hazard, resulting in a no-start and/or stall condition.
According to reports from Financial Express, 53 units of the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited model are said to have been affected. These are among those manufactured between March 2019 and January 2020. However, reports do suggest that the issue is only for those models powered by the 2.0-litre petrol unit.
Jeep is already said to have started contacting customers individually, starting from the 5th of June. Company service centres across India will repair the issue in a phase-wise manner. Customers are expected to take prior appointments before visiting the service centres, considering the current condition due to the pandemic.
Reports suggest that the recall exercise will be completed soon as the number of affected models is less. Also, Jeep also mentioned that the replacement and repair of the parts can be completed within an hour.
Jeep has discontinued the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited model in the Indian market, with the all-new Wrangler Rubicon. The new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon comes powered by the same 2.0-litre petrol engine, which powered the old Wrangler Unlimited. However, the engine on the Rubicon model has been updated to comply with the latest BS6 emission norms.
The new engine comes in the form of a 2.0-litre petrol unit producing 268bhp at 5,250rpm and 400Nm of peak torque at 5000rpm. The engine is mated to a standard eight-speed automatic transmission, sending power to a full-time 4WD system as standard.
The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon is the range-topping variant in the iconic off-roader's range. The Rubicon was introduced in India pre-lockdown, with the first model being delivered to a customer in Bangalore, last week — here are the details.
Thoughts On The Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Recall In India
The Jeep Wrangler Unlimited was on sale in the Indian market between 2016 and 2019. The Wrangler is an iconic off-roader from the American brand and rivals the likes of the Land Rover Models.