- 7 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 8 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 9 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Technology Vivo S1 Pro Gets Rs. 1,000 Price Cut In India; Checkout New Price Here
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
American auto manufacturer, Jeep, has launched the Compass BS6 models in India starting at Rs 16.49 lakh, ex-showroom, making it Rs 89,000 more expensive than the outgoing BS4 models.
In addition to the BS6 upgrades, Jeep has brought other changes to the vehicle as well. The company has discontinued its Sport variant, and now offers the Sport Plus as a base variant.
The Jeep Compass BS6 models now feature alloy wheels, adjustable headlights, electronically adjustable ORVMs with integrated turn signal indicators, a rear window washer and wiper, and an integrated antenna.
The interiors of the BS6 models feature an 8.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system that is Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible, dual-zone climate control, an eight-way electronically adjustable driver's seat, and a dual-pane panoramic sunroof.
The Jeep Compass BS6 models arrive with two engine options — a 1.4-litre turbo petrol engine that produces 160 brake horsepower and 250Nm of torque; and 2.0-litre diesel engine that produces 170 brake horsepower and 350Nm of torque.
Transmission options include a standard six-speed manual, and an optional seven-speed dual-clutch automatic.
Safety features include six airbags, ABS with EBD, an electronic parking brake, Electronic Stability Control, a reverse parking camera, a high speed warning alarm, a seat belt reminder alarm, ISOFIX child seat anchors, and Pedestrian Protection, among others.
The all new Jeep Compass models are available in eight variants, and the models are priced between Rs 16.49 lakh and Rs 24.99 lakh, ex-showroom, India.
The Jeep Compass BS6 petrol models compete with the recently launched Volkswagen T-Roc, and the Skoda Karoq. Diesel models do not have any direct competition, but compete with the Tata Harrier.
Thoughts About The Jeep Compass BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 16.49 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
Jeep launched the Compass modes in India a couple of years ago, and the SUV became an overnight sensation in the country. The vehicle has performed consistently in a highly competitive segment, and is one of the brand's highest selling models in the Indian markets. We expect that the new BS6 models will do well, even though the base Sport variant has been discontinued.