- 11 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Increase — Company’s Third Price Hike Of 2021 Coming Soon
- 15 hrs ago 2021 Mini Hatchback, Convertible & John Cooper Works (JCW) Launched In India At Rs 38 Lakh
- 19 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Exports Commences To Nepal, Indonesia & South Africa: Details
- 22 hrs ago 2021 Jaguar F-Pace SVR Bookings Open In India: High-Performance SUV Coming Soon
- News Viral video: Groom rests hand on shoulder of bride, Check what happens next
- Technology List Of Best Over-Ear Headphones To Buy In India Under Rs 5,000
- Sports WTC Final, Day 5: Southee removes openers as India reach 64/2 at stumps; contest goes into reserve day
- Movies Mohanlal's Marakkar Arabikadalinte Simham To Be Exclusively Screened On All Screens In Kerala!
- Finance Sebi Exempts Heineken International From Open Offer In UBL Case
- Education Teaching Tips And Skills For Engaging Students In Online Classes
- Lifestyle #InThisTogether: Josh App Partners With Fortis For Mental Health Awareness Campaign
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In August
American auto manufacturer, Jeep, has launched the Compass BS6 models in India starting at Rs 16.49 lakh, ex-showroom, making it Rs 89,000 more expensive than the outgoing BS4 models.
In addition to the BS6 upgrades, Jeep has brought other changes to the vehicle as well. The company has discontinued its Sport variant, and now offers the Sport Plus as a base variant.
The Jeep Compass BS6 models now feature alloy wheels, adjustable headlights, electronically adjustable ORVMs with integrated turn signal indicators, a rear window washer and wiper, and an integrated antenna.
The interiors of the BS6 models feature an 8.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system that is Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible, dual-zone climate control, an eight-way electronically adjustable driver's seat, and a dual-pane panoramic sunroof.
The Jeep Compass BS6 models arrive with two engine options — a 1.4-litre turbo petrol engine that produces 160 brake horsepower and 250Nm of torque; and 2.0-litre diesel engine that produces 170 brake horsepower and 350Nm of torque.
Transmission options include a standard six-speed manual, and an optional seven-speed dual-clutch automatic.
Safety features include six airbags, ABS with EBD, an electronic parking brake, Electronic Stability Control, a reverse parking camera, a high speed warning alarm, a seat belt reminder alarm, ISOFIX child seat anchors, and Pedestrian Protection, among others.
The all new Jeep Compass models are available in eight variants, and the models are priced between Rs 16.49 lakh and Rs 24.99 lakh, ex-showroom, India.
The Jeep Compass BS6 petrol models compete with the recently launched Volkswagen T-Roc, and the Skoda Karoq. Diesel models do not have any direct competition, but compete with the Tata Harrier.
Thoughts About The Jeep Compass BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 16.49 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
Jeep launched the Compass modes in India a couple of years ago, and the SUV became an overnight sensation in the country. The vehicle has performed consistently in a highly competitive segment, and is one of the brand's highest selling models in the Indian markets. We expect that the new BS6 models will do well, even though the base Sport variant has been discontinued.