- 2 min ago New Nissan Compact-SUV World Premiere Date Revealed: Upcoming B-SUV Concept To Rival Hyundai Venue
- 1 hr ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- 3 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago Audi Releases Second Teaser For RS7 Sportback Ahead Of 16 July Launch
- Movies Hrithik Roshan Celebrates One Year Of Super 30; ‘Went Through Hell For A Glimpse Of Heaven’
- Sports Women's U-17 World Cup will be held behind closed doors in worst-case scenario: AIFF
- News Rajasthan crisis: 20 MLAs skip CLP meet
- Technology Tecno Launches Spark 5 Pro With HD + Dot-In Display: Should You Buy?
- Lifestyle Blepharitis: Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance Google Announces $10 Billion For Digitalising India
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Volkswagen has launched the T-Roc SUV in the Indian market. The much-awaited Volkswagen T-Roc is offered with introductory pricing of Rs 19.99 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The T-Roc SUV continues the German brand's product offensive for the Indian market and is the second model after the Tiguan AllSpace.
The new Volkswagen T-Roc is positioned as a premium offering in the competitive mid-size SUV segment. The SUV measures 4342mm in length, 1819mm in width 1537mm in height and has a wheelbase of 2590mm.
However, Volkswagen is not looking at mass volume sales for the T-Roc just yet. The new T-Roc from Volkswagen will be imported into the country via the CBU (Completely Built Unit) route.
The T-Roc SUV will hence be offered in just a single fully-loaded variant in the country. Volkswagen first showcased the T-Roc in India at the Auto Expo 2020. The unveiling at the Expo also saw the brand officially open bookings for the SUV. Now, Volkswagen has confirmed that the T-Roc has already managed to garner 300 bookings, with deliveries said to begin soon.
Visually, the Volkswagen T-Roc comes with a modern design language. It offers a sporty appeal packed with features and equipment. The new T-Roc comes with LED projector headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, it also gets LED cornering lights and fog lamps as well. The front is also characterised by a stylish grille with the VW badging at its centre.
The sporty theme continues on the side and rear profiles as well. The VW T-Roc features a set of standard 17-inch alloy wheels, subtle character lines and creases and flared wheel arches on the side. The rear, on the other hand, comes with sleek and stylish LED taillights, faux skid plates and a roof-mounted spoiler as well.
Inside, the new Volkswagen T-Roc receives a host of features and equipment. Some of them include a large touchscreen infotainment system, virtual cockpit, leather upholstery, panoramic sunroof, dual-tone alloy wheels, automatic climate control, ambient lighting, keyless entry, push-button start/stop, multiple airbags, ABS with EBD, electronic stability control, tyre pressure monitoring system and a host of others as well.
Coming to the most important part, the powertrain. The new Volkswagen T-Roc is powered by a BS6-compliant 1.5-litre TSI (EVO) petrol engine. It produces 148bhp and 240Nm of peak torque and is paired with a standard seven-speed DSG automatic transmission unit. Volkswagen claims that the T-Roc has a top speed of 205km/h and can sprint from 0 - 100km/h in just 8.4 seconds.
The new Volkswagen T-Roc is offered in a range of six colour options: Curcuma Yellow, Pure White, Ravenna Blue, Energetic Orange, Indium Grey and Deep Black Pearl. Volkswagen will also offer a blacked-out roof on five of the above six paint schemes.
Thoughts On The Volkswagen T-Roc SUV
The Volkswagen T-Roc, although not aimed at a mass volume product, is still an important model for the German brand in the country. The T-Roc is part of the MQB A0 IN platform which will feature on all future Skoda and VW products going forward.