- 6 hrs ago Gemopai Opens Four New Dealerships In Andhra Pradesh & Telangana: Here Are All Details
- 7 hrs ago BMW G 310 R & G 310 GS Price Hike Announced In India: Here Is The New Price List
- 7 hrs ago Citroen India Inaugurates Country’s First La Maison Showroom In Ahmedabad: Here Are The Details!
- 8 hrs ago Okinawa Dual Electric Scooter Launched In India: Priced At Rs 58,998
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 21 Highlights: Aly And Abhinav Engage In War Of Words, Rakhi Gets Punished
- News Mood of The Nation: 73% polled Indians believe PM Modi handled Covid pandemic well
- Education IBPS RRB Clerk Prelims Result 2021 Released, Check RRB Office Assistant Prelims Result Link
- Sports IPL 2021: Rajasthan Royals trade Robin Uthappa to Chennai Super Kings
- Finance RBI Imposes Rs 2 Crore Penalty On Standard Chartered Bank
- Technology Huawei Mate X2 Foldable Smartphone Launch Pegged For February; Full Specifications Leaked
- Lifestyle Healthy Foods To Eat During All The Three Trimesters
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
In the Jaguar Land Rover India line-up, at present, there are only two cars the Discovery Sport and Evoque to get both petrol and diesel engine options, the rest of the entire portfolio is available in petrol trims. Customers will have to wait if they are planning to buy a diesel engine option.
Jaguar Land Rover has not given up on the diesel engines, moreover, the company's 2.0-litre diesel engine option is one of the highest selling ones and will be offered soon with the other cars in India. The carmaker had at least one BS6-compliant offering across every product line on April 1, 2020, but the plan to get them out got delayed because of the COVID-19 pandemic. We can also expect the BS6 version of 2.0-litre four-cylinder diesel engine to be offered across more locally assembled models such as the Jaguar XF and Range Rover Velar.
In other recent Jaguar Land Rover news, the company recently introduced its online sales and service platform to cater to the Indian market. The new online sales and service platform from the British carmaker guarantees customers a safe and convenient experience of purchasing a JLR vehicle, from the comfort of their homes. They already had an online retail channel through its ‘findmeacar.in' and ‘findmeasuv.in' platforms for Land Rover. However, now the company has introduced a more comprehensive and enhanced service suite on each of the brand's official websites.
Also, a few weeks back, Jaguar Land Rover's first Range Rover, made under new social distancing measures, drove off the production line at the manufacturing plant in Solihull. At the production plant effective social distancing, hygiene and health monitoring measures are in place following an extensive review of all production lines, engineering facilities, office areas and communal spaces as the company starts manufacturing products.
Some of the measures also include temperature checks, a 2 metre distance between people wherever possible, Personal Protective Equipment and enhanced cleaning at the plants. Jaguar Land Rover is also offering reusable face visors made by the company to all its employees for their safety during this pandemic.
Thoughts About Jaguar Land Rover BS6 Diesel Engines
The 2.0-litre diesel engine is one of the most selling units from the company's portfolio. Though being a diesel unit, the engine runs smoothly and gives excellent fuel efficiency. We expect the BS6 version of the diesel engine to be more refined and efficient.