- 1 day ago Kawasaki Launches The Ninja ZX-25R In Indonesia: Details & Specifications
- 1 day ago Volkswagen Polo & Vento TSI Limited-Edition Models Removed From The Company Website
- 1 day ago KTM RC 200 Modified With Parts From Autologue Design: Wrapped By Zed One
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Launches Car Safety Accessories: Air Purifiers, Separation Films And More
- News Heavy rains likely over central India: IMD
- Sports Top cricketers of New Zealand to resume training this week: NZC
- Movies Amitabh Bachchan Keeps Up With His Routine While Being Hospitalized For COVID-19
- Finance 4 Reasons To Buy The PPF Now
- Lifestyle 17 Safe And Effective Home Remedies For Foot Pain
- Technology Upcoming Samsung Rumored Smartphones Expected To Launch
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In July 2020
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
In the Jaguar Land Rover India line-up, at present, there are only two cars the Discovery Sport and Evoque to get both petrol and diesel engine options, the rest of the entire portfolio is available in petrol trims. Customers will have to wait if they are planning to buy a diesel engine option.
Jaguar Land Rover has not given up on the diesel engines, moreover, the company's 2.0-litre diesel engine option is one of the highest selling ones and will be offered soon with the other cars in India. The carmaker had at least one BS6-compliant offering across every product line on April 1, 2020, but the plan to get them out got delayed because of the COVID-19 pandemic. We can also expect the BS6 version of 2.0-litre four-cylinder diesel engine to be offered across more locally assembled models such as the Jaguar XF and Range Rover Velar.
In other recent Jaguar Land Rover news, the company recently introduced its online sales and service platform to cater to the Indian market. The new online sales and service platform from the British carmaker guarantees customers a safe and convenient experience of purchasing a JLR vehicle, from the comfort of their homes. They already had an online retail channel through its ‘findmeacar.in' and ‘findmeasuv.in' platforms for Land Rover. However, now the company has introduced a more comprehensive and enhanced service suite on each of the brand's official websites.
Also, a few weeks back, Jaguar Land Rover's first Range Rover, made under new social distancing measures, drove off the production line at the manufacturing plant in Solihull. At the production plant effective social distancing, hygiene and health monitoring measures are in place following an extensive review of all production lines, engineering facilities, office areas and communal spaces as the company starts manufacturing products.
Some of the measures also include temperature checks, a 2 metre distance between people wherever possible, Personal Protective Equipment and enhanced cleaning at the plants. Jaguar Land Rover is also offering reusable face visors made by the company to all its employees for their safety during this pandemic.
Thoughts About Jaguar Land Rover BS6 Diesel Engines
The 2.0-litre diesel engine is one of the most selling units from the company's portfolio. Though being a diesel unit, the engine runs smoothly and gives excellent fuel efficiency. We expect the BS6 version of the diesel engine to be more refined and efficient.