- 1 hr ago Suzuki Katana Unveiled In Two New Paint Schemes: Here Are All The Details
- 2 hrs ago Honda To Discontinue The Diesel Civic As The BS6 Norms Kick In
- 2 hrs ago Bajaj Pulsar 180F BS6 Model Launched In India At Rs 1.08 Lakh, Ex-Showroom Delhi
- 3 hrs ago Mercedes Benz India Sets Up Temporary Hospital For COVID-19 Patients In Pune
- News It is not only the govt that can post on COVID-19, but fake news by you can land you in jail
- Movies Dekh Bhai Dekh, Shrimaan Shrimati & Other Iconic Shows Return To TV; Fans Can’t Get Enough Of DD
- Lifestyle How To Mind Our Minds During COVID-19 Lockdown
- Sports COVID-19 lockdown: India's lone woman Paralympic medalist to feed daily wagers
- Finance Women Jan Dhan Account Holders Can Withdraw Rs 500 From 3 April In Sequence
- Technology Redmi Band, The Brand’s First Wearable Could Be Launched On April 3
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In April
- Education Coronavirus Outbreak: NTA Helpline Numbers Released For JEE Main & NEET Aspirants
The next-gen Hyundai i20 interiors have been spied ahead of its launch in India. The next-gen i20 was spotted testing on the streets of Chennai, and is expected to launch in India by December 2020.
A video shot by Power Stroke PS reveals the test mule to be completely camouflaged and does not reveal much of the changes made to the hatchback. However, from the video, we can notice the interiors to feature a similar design to the global model of the hatchback.
The video reveals the next-gen i20 to feature a fully-digital instrument cluster, a new steering wheel design borrowed from the new Hyundai Creta, a new 10.25-inch floating type touchscreen infotainment system with support for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
Other interior features on the global-spec new i20 include the company's latest BlueLink connected car technology for smartphone connectivity, cruise control, a premium Bose sound system, a wireless charger, and several other minor changes. All the changes made to the next-gen i20's interiors make the already feature-rich hatchback more appealing to the buyers.
The video also reveals some exterior changes made to the next-gen Hyundai i20. These include a new cascading grille similar to the one featured on the new Creta, redesigned LED headlamps, new diamond-cut alloy wheels, and a new set of outside rearview mirrors; among others.
Hyundai has launched the current-gen i20 with a BS6 compliant petrol engine until the net-gen model is released in India. As a result, there are no diesel engines on offer with the current-gen hatchback as the company decided to discontinue their 1.4-litre and 1.6-litre diesel engines from the line-up.
However, Hyundai India has got a perfect combination of BS6 compliant engine options to all the vehicles in its line-up. Along with the 1.2-litre petrol engine, the company is expected to introduce a 1.5-litre detuned diesel engine borrowed from the Kia Seltos, and a 1.0-litre three-cylinder turbo-petrol engine similar to the one powering the Hyundai Venue compact-SUV.
The transmission options are also expected to be borrowed from other models in the Hyundai line-up. These include a five-speed manual or a CVT with the 1.2-litre petrol engine, a six-speed manual or a six-speed torque converter with the 1.5-litre diesel engine, and a seven-speed DCT with the 1.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine.
Once launched the next-gen i20 will rival the Tata Altroz, Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Toyota Glanza and the Honda Jazz in the Indian market. With all the features added to the upcoming i20, we expect the company to increase the price significantly higher than the current-gen model.
We also noticed in the video that the next-gen Hyundai i20 being accompanied by a Kia SUV. We expect the model to be the upcoming Kia Sonet as the same test-mule has been spied on several times in the past — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Hyundai i20 Next-Gen Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch
The Hyundai i20 was due for a design overhaul. The next-gen i20 receives a significant upgrade overall and becomes more attractive to the buyers in the segment. The car also becomes intelligent with added smartphone connectivity features. The next-gen i20 gains a huge advantage by catering to a wider variety of buyers in the Indian market, as most segment rivals do not offer a diesel powertrain to choose.