- 3 min ago Dual Front Airbags Mandatory On All Cars From 1 April: Here Are The Details!
- 21 min ago 2021 Volkswagen T-Roc To Go On Sale Soon In India: Expected To Get Massive Price Hike
- 16 hrs ago New Audi S5 Sportback Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details!
- 16 hrs ago 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details!
- Movies Saif Ali Khan Gets Trolled For Taking COVID-19 Vaccine, Netizens Ask 'Chacha Ki Umar Hogayi Kya?'
- News Coronavirus cases: India records 18,327 new COVID-19 infections in last 24 hours
- Technology Poco M3 Review: Got The Substance?
- Sports Road Safety World Series 2021: Virender Sehwag's ruthless 35-ball 80* guides India Legends to big win
- Education Indian Coast Guard Admit Card 2021 For Navik And Yantrik To Release Soon
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Janhvi Kapoor: Top 3 Party-Perfect Dresses Of The Budding Fashionista From Roohi Promotions
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
- Finance Post office Account Changes That You Should Know
Hyundai has discontinued the Elite i20 premium hatchback in the Indian market. The hatchback has also been removed from its official Indian website. The Elite i20 was the second-generation model of the hatchback sold in the country.
The second-gen i20 was given the name Elite and was initially sold alongside the first-gen model for a couple of months. However, now the second-gen model and the ‘Elite' name have both been dropped to welcome the third-generation model of the Hyundai i20 in the Indian market — here are more details.
The Elite i20 was initially sold diesel and petrol engine options in the market: a 1.2-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine and a 1.4-litre diesel motor. After BS6 emission norms came into effect, the premium-hatchback was available in three trim options and was offered only with a single petrol engine option.
The 1.2-litre petrol engine produced a maximum of 82bhp and a peak torque of 114Nm mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard. The BS6 model was not even offered with an optional CVT transmission as well.
Although the powertrain options were limited, the premium hatchback certainly came packed with features despite its ageing design. It was offered with projector headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, LED tail lamps, and diamond-cut alloy wheels; among others.
On the inside, the hatchback featured a touchscreen infotainment display that supported Andoird Auto & Apple CarPlay, wireless smartphone charger, climate control, multifunction steering wheel with mounted controls, sunroof, semi-digital instrument cluster and more.
However, the Elite i20 will now be replaced with the third-generation model of the i20. The updated premium hatchback features an all-new design that looks aggressive and sleek as compared to the previous-gen model.
In addition to the new design, the all-new i20 will be offered in a host of engine and transmission options as well. Hyundai will offer the new i20 with three engines: 1.2-litre naturally aspirated petrol, 1.0-litre turbo-petrol and 1.5-litre diesel, all taken from the Venue.
The engines are expected to come mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard, with optional CVT offered on the 1.2-litre petrol, and a torque converter unit on the 1.5-litre diesel. The 1.0-litre turbo petrol unit could be offered with both six-speed iMT and the seven-speed DCT as well.
Hyundai retailed the second-gen between Rs 6.56 lakh to Rs 8.32 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). We expect Hyundai to retail the new-gen i20 slightly higher than its preceding model. It will continue to rival the Tata Altroz, Honda Jazz, Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Toyota Glanza, and the Volkswagen Polo.
Thoughts About The Hyundai Elite i20 Discontinued In India
Hyundai Elite i20 registered some impressive numbers for the brand during the time of its launch. However, its ageing looks and limited powertrain options against newly launched segment rivals has resulted in a decrease in sales in recent times, Hyundai aims to win back sales by launching a new third-generation variant of the premium hatchback.