- 7 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch Expected Soon: SPy Pics & Details
- 10 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Hiked By Up To Rs 34,000: Here Are The New Prices!
- 12 hrs ago TVS XL100 Winner Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 49,599
- 14 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki 1.5-Litre Diesel Engine Is All Set To Make Its Comeback: Expected Launch In Two Models
- News Tiffany Trump announces engagement on dad's final full day
- Movies Nawazuddin Siddiqui On His Favourite On-Screen Character: My Likes And Dislikes Are Different
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Hyderabad FC vs Odisha FC: Odisha fightback to script exciting draw against Hyderabad
- Lifestyle Bandhej Or Brocade, Which Stylish Outfit Of Mira Rajput Kapoor Is More Awesome?
- Finance 6 Things To Check In Your Credit Card Statement
- Education SBI PO Mains Admit Card 2021 Released
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
Honda Cars India Limited (HCIL), announced that the Amaze has cumulatively sold 4 lakh units in the Indian market. The brand's compact-sedan achieves a new milestone after it was first launched in the country back in 2013.
The Amaze is currently in its second-generation and is the brand's largest selling model in India. The compact-sedan rivals the Maruti Suzuki Dzire, the Ford Aspire and the Hyundai Aura; among others in the market.
Mr Rajesh Goel, Senior Vice President & Director, Marketing & Sales, Honda Cars India Ltd. said, "Honda Amaze has been an extremely successful model for HCIL and is a key pillar of our business. The 4 lakh cumulative milestone for Amaze has been possible because of the love of our customers and support of our dealer partners which has helped Amaze to become a popular brand across markets."
Speaking about the sales history of the Amaze, the first-gen model was launched in India in April 2013. The compact-sedan was well received despite the looks. It managed to sell 2.6 lakh units till March 2018.
Honda then upgraded the Amaze and launched the second-gen model. From April 2018 to till date the new-gen model has registered 1.4 lakh units sold. According to the company's sales report, Tier 1 cities have contributed to almost 44 per cent of the overall volume. While Tier 2 & 3 combined registered 56 per cent sales.
Additionally, due to the rising demand for automatic transmissions, the Amaze CVT models have also seen an increase in sales during recent times. Automatic sales from registered from the second-gen model are at 20 per cent. It is a lot higher than first-gen models which registered 9 per cent.
Mr Goel further added, "It's a contemporary sedan which not only matches but exceeds customer expectations and this milestone is a testimony that Amaze has struck the right chord with Indian customers. With 42% first-time buyers opting for Amaze, we believe it's a great choice as the first car for customers which offers the status of a much bigger sedan and great peace of mind with its lowest cost of maintenance to suit their budget."
The current-gen Honda Amaze continues to be sold in both petrol and diesel engine options after the BS6 update. The sedan is offered with 1.5L i-DTEC diesel and 1.2L i-VTEC petrol unit. Both engines are offered with either a five-speed manual or a CVT automatic.
In related news, Honda Cars India is offering exciting offer and discounts on select models during August 2020. The offers include huge cash discounts, exchange benefits and other special packages. Total benefits of up to Rs 2.5 lakh are being offered depending on the model and variant — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Honda Amaze Sales Crosses 4 Lakh Mark Since 2013
The compact-sedan models are among the popular choice in the Indian market over the conventional hatchback. It over increased practicality and space, while still being easy on the pocket. Speaking of which, the Honda Amaze retails between Rs 6.17 lakh and Rs 9.99 lakh, (ex-showroom, Delhi).