- 21 min ago 2021 Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine Review Video: Here Are Our First Impressions Of The Luxury Sedan
- 59 min ago Bike Sales Report For February 2021: Bajaj Auto Registers An Overall Yearly Growth Of 6 Per Cent
- 1 hr ago Review: Mercedes-Benz A-Class Sedan — When Style Meets Aerodynamics
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Exports Two Million Vehicles From India: Read More To Find Out
- Technology Apple iPad Pro 2021 With A14 Chipset Likely To Go Official In March
- Movies Rubina Dilaik And Abhinav Shukla’s Nati Dance Is Too Adorable To Miss, See Video
- Finance Bitcoin Continues To Drop From All Time High; Down Over 26%
- Sports India vs England: Varun Chakravarthy yet to clear Yo-Yo test, doubtful for T20I series, says report
- Education Maharashtra Class 10, 12 Board Exams 2021 Will Be Conducted, Says Gaikwad Amid Surge In Covid Cases
- News Fuel price hike: Petrol, diesel rates hold steady for 2nd consecutive day
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit’s Glamorous Pictures In Shimmering Eye Shadow And Dark Pink Lipstick Leaves Us Speechless
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
Ford India has announced the extension of free service and warranty period deadlines in the country, amidst the coronavirus lockdown. The company also stated that they will start production of face shields at their Sanand and Chennai facilities, to support the central government's fight against the deadly virus.
According to the announcement, Ford will be offering a free-of-cost extension for customers whose warranty period expires between the 15th of March and 30th of May. The deadline for the warranty period for such customers will be extended till 30th of June.
The company has also announced a three-month extension of the free scheduled service period of customer vehicles. Ford stated that the extension will not affect their standard or extended warranty.
Ford will be offering 24x7 roadside assistance free-of-cost to all customers in case of any emergency during this period. This is applicable to even those customers who have not subscribed for the RSA services. Customers will be able to contact customer care through all channels, including mail, SMS and social media pages.
Apart from this, Ford India has also announced that the company will be starting production of face shields at its Sanand and Chennai facilities. The company has set up a team at both their plants for the manufacture of face shields, which will be distributed to doctors, healthcare workers and others.
The company also stated that they are working on raising USD 1 million as part of its global COVID-19 donation program. Furthermore, the company has also pledged to contribute to the Prime Minister's National Relief Fund (PMNRF) as well.
Ford joins a long line of automotive manufacturers who are supporting the central and state governments to fight the deadly virus in India. Other companies like Mahindra, Maruti Suzuki, MG Motors and others have previously announced their contributions as well.
Multiple startups in various cities across India are also doing their bit offering support during this tough period as well — here are the details.
Thoughts On Ford India's Contribution To Fight COVID-19 In India
Ford India is the latest automotive manufacturer in India to announce their support towards the fight against coronavirus in India. The company is also taking all steps to ensure customer satisfaction in the country as well.