- 52 min ago Suzuki Gixxer 250 & SF 250 BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.63 Lakh
- 2 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Primarily Rival The Hyundai Venue
- 9 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Deliveries Resumes After Lockdown Relaxations In Select Cities
- 11 hrs ago Skoda Rapid TSI Automatic Variant Expected India Launch Later This Year
- Sports Vanuatu T10 Super League 2020: MyTeam11 Fantasy Tips: Mighty Efate Panthers vs Ifira Sharks
- News India GDP growth dips to 3.1 pc in Jan-Mar; 4.2 pc in 2019-20
- Movies Saumitra Singh Announces His Debut Feature On Biker Anam Hashim, Who Does Stunts As A Sport!
- Technology BSNL Offering 2GB Data Per Day For One Year With Rs. 899 Plan
- Lifestyle Auspicious Hindu Wedding Dates In The Month Of June 2020
- Finance Core Sector Output Slumps 38.1% As Covid-19 Takes A Toll
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Ford India has announced the extension of free service and warranty period deadlines in the country, amidst the coronavirus lockdown. The company also stated that they will start production of face shields at their Sanand and Chennai facilities, to support the central government's fight against the deadly virus.
According to the announcement, Ford will be offering a free-of-cost extension for customers whose warranty period expires between the 15th of March and 30th of May. The deadline for the warranty period for such customers will be extended till 30th of June.
The company has also announced a three-month extension of the free scheduled service period of customer vehicles. Ford stated that the extension will not affect their standard or extended warranty.
Ford will be offering 24x7 roadside assistance free-of-cost to all customers in case of any emergency during this period. This is applicable to even those customers who have not subscribed for the RSA services. Customers will be able to contact customer care through all channels, including mail, SMS and social media pages.
Apart from this, Ford India has also announced that the company will be starting production of face shields at its Sanand and Chennai facilities. The company has set up a team at both their plants for the manufacture of face shields, which will be distributed to doctors, healthcare workers and others.
The company also stated that they are working on raising USD 1 million as part of its global COVID-19 donation program. Furthermore, the company has also pledged to contribute to the Prime Minister's National Relief Fund (PMNRF) as well.
Ford joins a long line of automotive manufacturers who are supporting the central and state governments to fight the deadly virus in India. Other companies like Mahindra, Maruti Suzuki, MG Motors and others have previously announced their contributions as well.
Multiple startups in various cities across India are also doing their bit offering support during this tough period as well — here are the details.
Thoughts On Ford India's Contribution To Fight COVID-19 In India
Ford India is the latest automotive manufacturer in India to announce their support towards the fight against coronavirus in India. The company is also taking all steps to ensure customer satisfaction in the country as well.