- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India For February 2021: Maruti Suzuki Continues To Dominate Sales Charts Yet Again!
- 1 day ago BMW M340i xDrive Review (First Drive): The First Locally Assembled 'M' Car
- 1 day ago Renault Kiger Compact-SUV Sales Figures For February 2021: Outsells Nissan Magnite & Ford EcoSport
- 1 day ago Isuzu D-Max Regular Cab & S-Cab Prices To Be Hiked From 1 April: Here Is The New Price List!
- Sports PBKS IPL 2021 Time Table: Punjab Kings Full Schedule, Dates, Timings, Venues
- News Karnataka sex for job scandal: Activist to withdraw complaint of sexual harassment against Jarkiholi
- Lifestyle Women’s Day 2021: Common Health Issues That Affect Women From Their 20s To 60s
- Education UP Police Jail Warder Result 2021 Declared At uppbpb.gov.in
- Movies Mithun Chakraborty All Set To Join BJP During PM Narendra Modi’s Kolkata Rally
- Technology Reliance Jio And Airtel Set Up 5G Towers In India: Ookla 5G Map
- Finance NPS vs Other Tax Saving Investments: Where A Tax Saver Should Invest?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
Ford EcoSport prices have been increased in the Indian market. The price increase is very marginal and has been hiked by Rs 1,500 across all variants of the EcoSport compact-SUV. However, there are no changes or improvements made by the company.
According to the company, the price hike has been effective from October 1, 2020, in the country. Due to the pandemic, a lot of automotive manufacturers are facing supply-chain issues from the supplier end. This has forced most brands to announce increase the prices of its products in the market.
After the recent price increase, the EcoSport compact-SUV retails at Rs 8.19 lakh and Rs 11.73 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). The SUV is offered in a special-edition called the ‘Thunder' and is offered in both engine options.
Speaking of engine options, the EcoSport is offered in two engine options: a 1.5-litre petrol engine and a 1.5-litre diesel engine. The petrol engine produces a maximum of 121bhp and 149Nm of torque mated to either a five-speed manual or a six-speed torque-converter automatic.
On the other hand, the diesel unit churns out a maximum of 99bhp and 215Nm of torque. The engine comes mates to a five-speed gearbox as standard without an optional automatic. The power is sent to front wheels.
Some of the exterior and interior highlighted features include projector headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, diamond-cut alloy wheels, tailgate-mounted spare tyre, roof rails, all-around body cladding and more.
Other features include a factory-fitted sunroof, climate control, a floating-type touchscreen infotainment system, a semi-digital instrument cluster, automatic headlamps, ambient lighting, dual-tone upholstery and more.
The EcoSport also features the brand's latest iteration of ‘Ford Pass' connected technology system. The Ford Pass system lets the customers access their SUV via a smartphone application to control various features of the car. Additionally, they can also access driver telemetry data as well.
Thoughts About The Ford EcoSport Price Hike Announced In India
The Ford EcoSport prices have been increased marginally in the market. As a result, the sales of the compact-SUV remain unaffected due to the price increase. The EcoSport rivals the Kia Sonet, Hyundai Venue, Tata Nexon and the Mahindra XUV300; among others sold in the Indian market.